Blue Bombers Forum
August 09, 2020, 10:30:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Win is a win, but we were lucky tonight.  (Read 10411 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2019, 03:18:47 PM »

Well, then we were lucky it was going to be an over throw because the dude was all by himself and wide freaking open and no Bomber in sight...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
blue_or_die

« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2019, 03:20:32 PM »

Next time there is a passing touchdown in the CFL, I'm going to say the QB was lucky the goalpost didn't get in the way.

Hey Arbuckle, how about next time you try *not* throwing it at the goalpost.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
66 Chevelle

« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2019, 03:28:04 PM »

Next time there is a passing touchdown in the CFL, I'm going to say the QB was lucky the goalpost didn't get in the way.

Hey Arbuckle, how about next time you try *not* throwing it at the goalpost.

But that post gets right in the way... Plus, it's so big...  Grin

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2019, 03:31:39 PM »

Esks beat the Als on the weekend and were they lucky to cause 3 IC passes when the Als were first down on the 11 YL with the clock ticking down?   There is an element of luck in almost every game....

I remember Jaromir Jagr comment about winning a gold medal in hockey at the Olympics in a one game elimination...."you have to be a good team, but you have to be lucky and stay away from injuries".

I really don't care how we win whether it's Medlock kicking FGs, or our D scoring, or our STs scoring TDs or our offence scoring on long balls.....it's all about racking up as many Ws in a season to obtain home field advantage in the western final.   If you can consistently compete for and or win first place in your conference you have a pretty good chance of getting to the dance.    Calgary has made a habit out of it and have Cups to show for it.  Montreal did it for a decade as well under their QB Calvillo. We haven't done that for a decade or more.   Our best shot at a Cup is winning the West and playing at home for the WF in our barn on a cold and frozen field with our noisy fans cheering them on.

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
rubanski

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2019, 03:33:10 PM »

Well, then we were lucky it was going to be an over throw because the dude was all by himself and wide freaking open and no Bomber in sight...

^ this is nuts. Arbuckle spotted him late, overthrew him, and hit the goalpost.

I guess Calgary is also lucky the entire Bomber defense didn't have a simultaneous brain aneurysm on the game-clinching play that was intercepted. Think about it. It could have happened.

66 Chevelle

« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2019, 03:34:17 PM »

I think people make their own luck thru hard work and preparation generally...

66 Chevelle

« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2019, 03:43:08 PM »

^ this is nuts. Arbuckle spotted him late, overthrew him, and hit the goalpost.

I guess Calgary is also lucky the entire Bomber defense didn't have a simultaneous brain aneurysm on the game-clinching play that was intercepted. Think about it. It could have happened.

Well I guess we're lucky that this has been settled then... Other than he didn't over throw him AND hit the goal post... You're assuming that it was going to be an over throw but it did hit the goal post...

Let's hope that we get lucky this week too and none of our defensive players die from aneurysms... That would suck...

booch

« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2019, 03:52:34 PM »

From where i sit as well it would have been an out of bounds catch..I also put a clip 4 screen shots of it into my 3D CAD program and tracked the ball trajectory up to high point and approx distance from launch...and to it's downward trajectory and it lands almost 5 yards out of bounds....and a catcheable height for a receiver to go up and get it would have had momentum taking him well outta bounds...I would upload it..but file size too big...so lets put the "luck" assumption to bed shall we

Also...from being at the game I was livid at about 6 instances where one of Matthews/Lucky and Woli were free down field and were not even looked at...and these were the ones I noticed after I made note of the first time i seen it in about the mid mid second quarter...so watched intently after...so perhaps Cgy was "lucky" not to be blown out???

TBURGESS

« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2019, 03:57:41 PM »

How would you be able to track the balls trajectory or know when the ball is going to start coming down with any accuracy?

Maybe if there were some 'tennis ball software' that had been modified for a football then I'd believe your analysis, but a 3D CAD program ain't going to do it.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2019, 03:59:01 PM »

I'm lucky because I'm not going to click on this thread again...

booch

« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2019, 04:18:15 PM »

How would you be able to track the balls trajectory or know when the ball is going to start coming down with any accuracy?

Maybe if there were some 'tennis ball software' that had been modified for a football then I'd believe your analysis, but a 3D CAD program ain't going to do it.

it's easy...and 3d programs can do a lot these days...i use them daily....and the trajectory with vectors.. terminal velocity..gravity make it simple...you track an objects distance from launch point and elevation...distance to high point then physics and the math will dictate where the landing point is...unless there was a major shift in gravity at that exact moment or the spin and tilt of the earth moved ( which I doubt happened) you can determine exactly where the ball would land.

So how much experience do you have in engineering design software, physics, and modelling to support your "beliefs"...obviously not a lot and are very much in the dark with software capabilities these days...perhaps watch some discovery channel content or some youtube vid's..you may be amazed

Just like when a cop investigates an accident scene and can determine speed..direction...impact of vehicles etc..etc after the fact of an automobile accident by using even simpler survey equipment such as a total station..archaic compared to what I used....it can be done..we have the technology....

TBURGESS

« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2019, 04:30:06 PM »

it's easy...and 3d programs can do a lot these days...i use them daily....and the trajectory with vectors.. terminal velocity..gravity make it simple...you track an objects distance from launch point and elevation...distance to high point then physics and the math will dictate where the landing point is...unless there was a major shift in gravity at that exact moment or the spin and tilt of the earth moved ( which I doubt happened) you can determine exactly where the ball would land.

So how much experience do you have in engineering design software, physics, and modelling to support your "beliefs"...obviously not a lot and are very much in the dark with software capabilities these days...perhaps watch some discovery channel content or some youtube vid's..you may be amazed

Just like when a cop investigates an accident scene and can determine speed..direction...impact of vehicles etc..etc after the fact of an automobile accident by using even simpler survey equipment such as a total station..archaic compared to what I used....it can be done..we have the technology....
I'm no engineer or 3D software expert, which is why I've stayed away from the whole 'I know it was an over-throw' argument until now. I didn't realize it could be accurately analyzed with 3D software. I thought it took more than that.

I didn't realize you were an expert. I understand the basic physics but not the math involved. How do you determine velocity?

GCn19

« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2019, 04:32:33 PM »

IMO, the only team that was lucky was Calgary. We left a ton of attainable points off the board and should have won by 2 scores easily. For the life of me, I don't understand why people think that two ST TDs is luck. It's not. There is a ton of preparation done by our ST groups to enable plays like this. Does it help to have a speed demon, capable returner...sure...but that's not luck either.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2019, 04:35:35 PM »

I'm no engineer or 3D software expert, which is why I've stayed away from the whole 'I know it was an over-throw' argument until now. I didn't realize it could be accurately analyzed with 3D software. I thought it took more than that.

I didn't realize you were an expert. I understand the basic physics but not the math involved. How do you determine velocity?

How does anything measure velocity? Distance over time.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TBURGESS

« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2019, 04:37:28 PM »

How does anything measure velocity? Distance over time.
That assumes a consistent velocity. Wouldn't a football slow down the farther it gets from it's release point?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: