Blue Bombers Forum
July 06, 2020, 04:12:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pre-game thread Calgary at Winnipeg.  (Read 5096 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2019, 09:05:28 AM »

Just a few comments as I kept away from here since the Thursday game.

I was as furious as anyone after the Toronto loss.

2 week ago, we were 5-0 and on top of the world. Then we got to Hamilton and within a few minutes of kickoff Masoli marched into the endzone virtually unopposed and we were behind for the first time since half time of Week 1. Minutes later we were down 14-0 and despite Masoli being done and their offense doing little for 55 minutes, we manage to give that very winnable game away by turning over the ball like we didn't even want it and just looking completely inept.

That was a mulligan, a wake up call, and a call to arms against our weaknesses that need to be immediately addressed. While it was hard to see us snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (yeah, I know we were never ahead in that game, but the Bombers of weeks past would have won that game), I could live with it. We weren't going to go 18-0, as we kept saying even after the wins piled up.

Laying the beat down on Toronto wasn't even going to make me feel better about the direction of the team because they were hot garbage in every game they played. It was supposed to be a free space on the bingo card. I remember telling myself that I would be mad if the game was even close. I don't need to recap what happened, but the last half of football played by this team is just something that good teams don't let happen ever.

Mulligans and excuses are over now, and after a weekend of healing spiritually, I have decided that in my mind, those two losses (or at least the Toronto one in particular) can be buried with a convincing win against the Stamps. Before, after beating down TO I could live with losing a good game to the Stamps. Not this one though. They need to very clearly make up for it to get on track.
Well said and you could count me in this boat as well.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Waffler

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2019, 12:03:34 PM »

Excited to see Janarion Grant return kicks.  In practice he looked like a Lucky Whitehead clone sans the red hair. Smaller but with speed to burn. 

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

Jump to: