Blue Bombers Forum
July 06, 2020, 04:01:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pre-game thread Calgary at Winnipeg.  (Read 5094 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2019, 01:00:05 PM »

Most fans aren't going to think I can't boo Nichols cuz he played well 3 weeks ago. If Nichols sucks this week, he'll definitely get booed.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2019, 02:43:03 PM »

CFL
@CFL
?
55m
NEWS: QB Bo Levi Mitchell to be a full participant at @calstampeders
 practice.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2019, 02:47:35 PM »

CFL
@CFL
?
55m
 practice.
either with BLM without him,  the Stamps will be a test for the Bombers.   Both teams are currently trending in opposite directions.   If we are as good a team as we were reported to be by the media and fans then we hopefully can reverse that trend.

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
Blue In BC

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2019, 02:49:21 PM »

CFL
@CFL
?
55m
 practice.

This is week 6 for BLM on 6 game IR. While the can take him off a week early, will they?

No more excuses.
TBURGESS

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2019, 02:53:26 PM »

This is week 6 for BLM on 6 game IR. While the can take him off a week early, will they?
IIRC you can start practising in week 6 without a financial penalty as long as you don't put the player on the game day roster.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Doublezero

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2019, 03:46:47 PM »

Most fans aren't going to think I can't boo Nichols cuz he played well 3 weeks ago. If Nichols sucks this week, he'll definitely get booed.
I won't boo him but it's definitely Matty "Thin" Ice.

Just gimme the rock.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2019, 04:10:59 PM »

After watching Nichols back to back against good defenders, and an even better one Thursday and we?ll coached. I don?t see much changing and seeing him struggle and panic under the instance any pressure is coming his way.
Blue In BC

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2019, 04:17:53 PM »

IIRC you can start practising in week 6 without a financial penalty as long as you don't put the player on the game day roster.

I know he can practice but taking him off the 6 game IR would come at a big cost, in theory. We've never been exactly clear on how being allowed to take a player off early impacted the SMS. However the logic would be an SMS hit. For BLM that would be a lot of money against the SMS.

It wouldn't seem likely they'd want to do that and to have BLM game ready with only a few practices in a short week.

Unless Arbuckle can't play, I don't see BLM seeing the field or even activated at this point.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 04:20:02 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Nic16

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2019, 05:06:14 PM »

I?m sure Dickenson wants BLM to play, however, Huffer - a former backup QB himself and who has always managed the cap in a shrewd manner - has likely locked up the saved cap $$. Besides, watching the BB eractic offense and soft secondary vs backup QB?s the concern Huf has with playing Arbuckle has to be very low.

Now for the BB to even have a chance this week...

LaPo needs to stop being so dam conservative and force Nichols out of his nervous nelly ?check down? comfort zone. We need to see if Nichols is actually worth keeping around and giving a raise to at the end of this year. And for once I?d love to see LaPo & Nichols give our receivers an opportunity to win us a game.

On D, we need our secondary and Hall?s defensive plan to quit giving the opposition Offence so much space and possession time to get their game rolling. I want to see them force more 2 n outs, especially at big points during the game.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 07:44:08 PM by Nic16 » Logged
blue_or_die

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2019, 06:53:03 PM »

Just a few comments as I kept away from here since the Thursday game.

I was as furious as anyone after the Toronto loss.

2 week ago, we were 5-0 and on top of the world. Then we got to Hamilton and within a few minutes of kickoff Masoli marched into the endzone virtually unopposed and we were behind for the first time since half time of Week 1. Minutes later we were down 14-0 and despite Masoli being done and their offense doing little for 55 minutes, we manage to give that very winnable game away by turning over the ball like we didn't even want it and just looking completely inept.

That was a mulligan, a wake up call, and a call to arms against our weaknesses that need to be immediately addressed. While it was hard to see us snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (yeah, I know we were never ahead in that game, but the Bombers of weeks past would have won that game), I could live with it. We weren't going to go 18-0, as we kept saying even after the wins piled up.

Laying the beat down on Toronto wasn't even going to make me feel better about the direction of the team because they were hot garbage in every game they played. It was supposed to be a free space on the bingo card. I remember telling myself that I would be mad if the game was even close. I don't need to recap what happened, but the last half of football played by this team is just something that good teams don't let happen ever.

Mulligans and excuses are over now, and after a weekend of healing spiritually, I have decided that in my mind, those two losses (or at least the Toronto one in particular) can be buried with a convincing win against the Stamps. Before, after beating down TO I could live with losing a good game to the Stamps. Not this one though. They need to very clearly make up for it to get on track.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2019, 08:32:32 PM »

Is Jefferson in or out for Thursday?? Or will it be a game time decision.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2019, 08:59:28 PM »

why does not someone go to Boston pizza St vital tonight and ask him..

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
thunderNlightning

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2019, 10:22:51 PM »

Didn?t know there was even an issue with him for Thursday
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2019, 10:55:44 PM »

After watching Nichols back to back against good defenders, and an even better one Thursday and we?ll coached. I don?t see much changing and seeing him struggle and panic under the instance any pressure is coming his way.

Or he will do what he has done most his career, be consistent, make good decisions and throw more TDS and INTS, either way LOL

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue girl

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2019, 11:33:42 PM »

Didn?t know there was even an issue with him for Thursday
He hasn't practised all week and O'Shea says that they're still evaluating his injury (whatever that means). If he can't go Kongbo will probably take his place.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: