Blue Bombers Forum
July 06, 2020, 04:30:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The pre-game thread Calgary at Winnipeg.  (Read 5097 times)
Pigskin

« on: August 02, 2019, 01:53:36 PM »

Well the sun is shining, the bombers have returned home, time to move on.

Calgary has a pretty good D so the bombers will have to plan for more pressure. What does the injury report look like.

Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 02:33:51 PM »

Severe damage to team EGO. Need a large shot of adrenaline / caffeine to prepare for next week.

No more excuses.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 02:34:44 PM »

Keeping Nichols up right will be key.  Establish the run game and get pressure on their QB.  We will win if our OL and DL have a good game.  Game is won in the trenches.  

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 02:35:19 PM »

Severe damage to team EGO. Need a large shot of adrenaline / caffeine to prepare for next week.

yeah good point, will be as much mental prep. this week!

RebusRankin

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 02:53:44 PM »

It has the potential to get ugly at IG Field. Calgary has a good D, Nichols is playing poorly, the offense has made a habit of vanishing for a quarter to a half each game. I suspect the boo birds are out in full force on Thursday.
Pigskin

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 03:00:19 PM »

I hope not. Should have been a big crowd. Probably no now. The crowd always pumps the bombers up.
bluengold204

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »

Anyone know if Mitchell is close to returning?
3rdand1.5

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 03:01:03 PM »

Cal's defence is too good for our offence. I am not saying we are a bad team, but Nichols is not comfortable right now and Cal. will get to him and he will "control" the ball and toss it away to the tune of 2 and out after 2 and out. AH33 can only do so much on his own, and the receivers can only do something when the ball is in a spot to allow them to.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 03:01:06 PM »

I hope not. Should have been a big crowd. Probably no now. The crowd always pumps the bombers up.

Crowds been weak all year, win, loss or draw we are not getting big numbers this year.  

Pigskin

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 03:09:08 PM »

Weak compared to last year, or weak compared to CFL?
Ridermania

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2019, 03:11:43 PM »

BLM starts to practice next week so he won't be back for this weeks game vs Bombers.
theaardvark

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 03:13:51 PM »

50/50 starts at $100k.  Division rival.  Teams playing for 1st overall.  If we can't get a great crowd out for this one...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Horseman

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2019, 04:39:59 PM »

50/50 starts at $100k.  Division rival.  Teams playing for 1st overall.  If we can't get a great crowd out for this one...

Agree, the 50/50 pot starting at 100,000 will ensure a large crowd.
DM83

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2019, 05:54:01 PM »

Pathetic.
The game will be dump to Harris, see Grey get pancaked,msee Nichols,get pummelled and booed and be pulled, and Strev gets in with no practice time with 1st team, and is ineffective after his usual first five plays.
Calls ring out for Kevin Glenn. 
Same old, see Banjo Bowl Thread from last year.

I am a season ticket holder.  I have to go...... no wait I will give my ticket to a friend or maybe an enemy to watch this ineptitude. 
pjrocksmb

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2019, 06:17:11 PM »

Crowds been weak all year, win, loss or draw we are not getting big numbers this year.  
The place seams empty this year, not enough butts in the seat and not loud enough.  Not that the crowds were great last year either. Anyone has figures for this and last?
Agree, the 50/50 pot starting at 100,000 will ensure a large crowd.

true
Pathetic.
The game will be dump to Harris, see Grey get pancaked,msee Nichols,get pummelled and booed and be pulled, and Strev gets in with no practice time with 1st team, and is ineffective after his usual first five plays.
Calls ring out for Kevin Glenn. 
Same old, see Banjo Bowl Thread from last year.

I am a season ticket holder.  I have to go...... no wait I will give my ticket to a friend or maybe an enemy to watch this ineptitude. 

Little of the above makes sense or will come true. 

blue girl

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2019, 08:00:57 PM »

I refuse to pick this team to win until they start winning again. I'm still angry about last night and I'm only going to the game because I'm a STH. I wouldn't encourage anyone to buy a ticket to see this team right now.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2019, 08:34:47 PM »

I refuse to pick this team to win until they start winning again. I'm still angry about last night and I'm only going to the game because I'm a STH. I wouldn't encourage anyone to buy a ticket to see this team right now.

That ridiculous.  5 and 2 and you are just pounting now.  Even when the home team sucks CFL is always fun.  I encourage everyone to come down to Winnipeg and watch a good football game where we will quickly learn how we stack up against the stamps.

barbk

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2019, 08:36:23 PM »

Why don't  they have the family rate this game instead of late fall or do what the eskimos have kids free under age of 17.  Or buy one get one free...anything to fill the stands....
pjrocksmb

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2019, 08:39:53 PM »

Why don't  they have the family rate this game instead of late fall or do what the eskimos have kids free under age of 17.  Or buy one get one free...anything to fill the stands....

Buy one get one doesn't make the club money.  Youth tickets are dirt cheap already.  If you can't afford the game prices look to kijiji.

theaardvark

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2019, 08:45:33 PM »

Too many people buying on the secondary market and not ponying up for full price tickets... Wink

I blame the lack of a Sals in the building. 

only 1 Shwarma Khan on the main level... and only 1 mini donuts on the main level... going to have to start buying cheap seats again...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
barbk

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 08:51:14 PM »

I've been a sth since 1979....so I don't have to go to kijiji for tickets...I was only making a suggestion to fill the stands against Calgary
blue girl

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2019, 09:44:00 PM »

That ridiculous.  5 and 2 and you are just pounting now.  Even when the home team sucks CFL is always fun.  I encourage everyone to come down to Winnipeg and watch a good football game where we will quickly learn how we stack up against the stamps.
It's not that they lost it's how they lost. IMO this game was embarrising.
Jesse

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2019, 10:05:03 PM »

It's not that they lost it's how they lost. IMO this game was embarrising.

It was absolutely embarrassing.

My wife is amazing!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2019, 10:49:17 PM »

It was bloody embarrassing.

I am glad as was as drunk as I was by time the second half came around.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
pjrocksmb

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2019, 03:03:32 AM »

I've been a sth since 1979....so I don't have to go to kijiji for tickets...I was only making a suggestion to fill the stands against Calgary
Not a bad suggestion but the club needs to make money so it's no realistic.  They need to find creative ways to fill the stands.  Any other ideas?

dd

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2019, 03:58:28 AM »

It was absolutely embarrassing.
Ditto. You can shove your 5-2 record you know where, you lose to the lowly 0-6 Argos, you have just embarrassed us , simple as that. Tired of the countless excuses of why and what happened. Don?t care. You lost to the worst team in the league, that by default makes you the worst team in the league this week!!
gordo

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2019, 04:16:10 AM »

Should be nice weather too plus a hotdog and beer for 10 bucks.  Winnipegers should be out in full force.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2019, 02:30:21 PM »

So what will your reaction be if the Stamps take the Bombers to the woodshed? What if the how the Bombers stack up against the Stamps is that the Bombers may only be a little better than the Lions? As for me I think it will be a close game. I see the bombers with a chance to win it with a last minute field goal or TD and of course MN will not be able to make it happen of course.
Blue In BC

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2019, 02:36:31 PM »

Buy one get one doesn't make the club money.  Youth tickets are dirt cheap already.  If you can't afford the game prices look to kijiji.

It helps build the future fan base. Making money is both short and long term planning.

Look at Vancouver. 60K stadium potentially they used to fill. Now upper deck closed and they are lucky to get 20K to games. Tickets are over priced in a city with so much to do with disposable income.

I'm not sure how many empty seats there are in Winnipeg normally. Perhaps they could offer free end zone tickets to anybody in uniform and hour before the game?

A full stadium helps the team.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 02:39:18 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2019, 03:05:22 PM »

So what will your reaction be if the Stamps take the Bombers to the woodshed? What if the how the Bombers stack up against the Stamps is that the Bombers may only be a little better than the Lions? As for me I think it will be a close game. I see the bombers with a chance to win it with a last minute field goal or TD and of course MN will not be able to make it happen of course.

i will wait for PJ's response but in the meantime (and this is just speculation, but that is what we do on here) if we were to lose to the stamps at home to a largely inexperienced QB - that would be three games in a row that QB's with limited starting time have beat us...it squarely demonstrates where we are in the stratus of the CFL - the good news is that we arent even at the halfway point in the season and there is time for action...honestly I don't think there is a huge separation between the teams in terms of how good they are and ability to win games.

If we lose in a shootout 48-45 with the offense putting up some numbers it will tell us something and if we lose 45-12 it will tell us something and if we lose 21-18 on a last second FG it will tell us something as well...gotta see how it plays out in order to see the gaps.

Right now neither our offense or defense has been consistently dominate so work on both is needed IMO
DM83

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2019, 03:08:48 PM »

I am worried about the Team.
Denial is not a good sign at curing what ails them.
"I will,work harder" makes me wonder what the puck were you doing in Guelph all week? Lol!

The crux of the matter is:

1.) Nichols is playing scared.
2.) the O-Line. Is not playing well during pass plays
3.). Is Ritchie Hall past his era, and doesn't have a clue about calling specific defenses bs. Certain situations?
4.) ar the receivers banged up?  Lucky, Lawler, Wojo looked invisible or lacked "bounce"
pjrocksmb

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2019, 03:09:10 PM »

i will wait for PJ's response but in the meantime (and this is just speculation, but that is what we do on here) if we were to lose to the stamps at home to a largely inexperienced QB - that would be three games in a row that QB's with limited starting time have beat us...it squarely demonstrates where we are in the stratus of the CFL - the good news is that we arent even at the halfway point in the season and there is time for action...honestly I don't think there is a huge separation between the teams in terms of how good they are and ability to win games.

If we lose in a shootout 48-45 with the offense putting up some numbers it will tell us something and if we lose 45-12 it will tell us something and if we lose 21-18 on a last second FG it will tell us something as well...gotta see how it plays out in order to see the gaps.

Right now neither our offense or defense has been consistently dominate so work on both is needed IMO

I won't speculate on my response to this game before I see it!  I do agree with the fact that there isn't very much separating the teams in the West.  BC is terrible, we know that but they will figure it out just like the Argo did and steal a few games.

pjrocksmb

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2019, 03:10:12 PM »

I am worried about the Team.
Denial is not a good sign at curing what ails them.
"I will,work harder" makes me wonder what the puck were you doing in Guelph all week? Lol!

The crux of the matter is:

1.) Nichols is playing scared.
2.) the O-Line. Is not playing well during pass plays
3.). Is Ritchie Hall past his era, and doesn't have a clue about calling specific defenses bs. Certain situations?
4.) ar the receivers banged up?  Lucky, Lawler, Wojo looked invisible or lacked "bounce"

Nichols will bounce back.
OL yes, concerning at times.
Hall isn't as bad as you suggest but needs to improve, yes.
Health of receivers is an issue

DM83

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2019, 03:27:21 PM »

Well Harris sure ran well. The O-Line sure can run block
Nichols hands off well.
Dodge and Burn

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2019, 03:30:53 PM »

If we execute as terrible on O this week as last, it could get ugly and the boo birds will be loud.

It's not the violin, it's the violinist
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2019, 03:50:48 PM »

Seems like the way offence plays is just too nice.  Once we get in the lead, we don't keep playing hard.  As for our D, seems like teams can keep passing for over 300 yards against them and they are fine with it.
dd

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2019, 04:34:46 PM »

Calgary's defense is tough. My fear is Nichols and our offense will be uptight/nervous to get off to a good start and their D will 2 and out us for the first couple of series, the boo birds will be out and the game spirals from there
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 05:24:09 PM by dd » Logged
pjrocksmb

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2019, 06:36:24 PM »

As long as we start well momentum and the crowd will be with us.  I don't expect many boo birds other than the from the crazy start Strev yesterday crowd.

BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2019, 04:10:38 PM »

As long as we start well momentum and the crowd will be with us.  I don't expect many boo birds other than the from the crazy start Strev yesterday crowd.

Would not call the "start Strev crowd crazy" might be something to think about in terms of putting some uncertainty in the minds of the Calgary coaches. Bombers will not do it of course and I doubt he will see the field no matter how bad MN does. Not something that is in MOSS's play book. As for boo birds will have to wait and see what happens early on. If MN screws the pooch in the first quarter I expect them to be out in force. And BTW would not suggest that someone that might disagree with my position - Crazy!
thunderNlightning

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2019, 11:53:43 PM »

Sounds as tho no Alexander and Jeffcoat for awhile from MOS?s press conference today. Still no real update on Neufeld.

There also was an article that BLM is not ruled out for Thursday.
Blue In BC

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2019, 12:14:33 AM »

Sounds as tho no Alexander and Jeffcoat for awhile from MOS?s press conference today. Still no real update on Neufeld.

If our only hope is beating their back up QB we may as well fold the tent. I'd prefer playing their best QB and beating the stuffing out of them.

Bombers by 10

No more excuses.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2019, 01:21:28 AM »

If our only hope is beating their back up QB we may as well fold the tent. I'd prefer playing their best QB and beating the stuffing out of them.

Bombers by 10

Bring on Bobo, we gotta beat the best baby!

DM83

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2019, 04:02:10 AM »

Lol!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2019, 09:33:34 AM »

BLM starts to practice next week so he won't be back for this weeks game vs Bombers.

Around 2:00 in the 1st Q of the EDM@CGY game they talked at length about BLM and how he could play in WPG, and sounds like he'll be rostered, but they prefer not to play him as his arm needs another week.  So Bo isn't ruled out.

Arbuckle was dinged up a bit late in the vs EDM game, and I think he played through the pain.  So I wouldn't completely rule out Arbuckle either not starting, or starting in a weakened state.  I think if Arbuckle is hurt, they put BLM in instead of their #3.

As for boo birds will have to wait and see what happens early on. If MN screws the pooch in the first quarter I expect them to be out in force. And BTW would not suggest that someone that might disagree with my position - Crazy!

Boo birds for MN?  You guys are crazy.  The very last home IGF game the whole stadium gave MN a standing ovation!!  You don't do that one game and then boo-bird the very next game.  I doubt we hear boo-birds unless MN throws 5 picks.  2&outs will not be enough for boo-birds.

Never go full Rider!
3rdand1.5

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2019, 11:50:26 AM »

I predict our defence spends a ton of time on the field, as Nichols gets pressured early and goes into panick mode.
TBURGESS

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2019, 01:00:05 PM »

Most fans aren't going to think I can't boo Nichols cuz he played well 3 weeks ago. If Nichols sucks this week, he'll definitely get booed.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2019, 02:43:03 PM »

CFL
@CFL
?
55m
NEWS: QB Bo Levi Mitchell to be a full participant at @calstampeders
 practice.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2019, 02:47:35 PM »

CFL
@CFL
?
55m
 practice.
either with BLM without him,  the Stamps will be a test for the Bombers.   Both teams are currently trending in opposite directions.   If we are as good a team as we were reported to be by the media and fans then we hopefully can reverse that trend.

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
Blue In BC

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2019, 02:49:21 PM »

CFL
@CFL
?
55m
 practice.

This is week 6 for BLM on 6 game IR. While the can take him off a week early, will they?

No more excuses.
TBURGESS

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2019, 02:53:26 PM »

This is week 6 for BLM on 6 game IR. While the can take him off a week early, will they?
IIRC you can start practising in week 6 without a financial penalty as long as you don't put the player on the game day roster.

Doublezero

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2019, 03:46:47 PM »

Most fans aren't going to think I can't boo Nichols cuz he played well 3 weeks ago. If Nichols sucks this week, he'll definitely get booed.
I won't boo him but it's definitely Matty "Thin" Ice.

Just gimme the rock.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2019, 04:10:59 PM »

After watching Nichols back to back against good defenders, and an even better one Thursday and we?ll coached. I don?t see much changing and seeing him struggle and panic under the instance any pressure is coming his way.
Blue In BC

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2019, 04:17:53 PM »

IIRC you can start practising in week 6 without a financial penalty as long as you don't put the player on the game day roster.

I know he can practice but taking him off the 6 game IR would come at a big cost, in theory. We've never been exactly clear on how being allowed to take a player off early impacted the SMS. However the logic would be an SMS hit. For BLM that would be a lot of money against the SMS.

It wouldn't seem likely they'd want to do that and to have BLM game ready with only a few practices in a short week.

Unless Arbuckle can't play, I don't see BLM seeing the field or even activated at this point.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 04:20:02 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Nic16

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2019, 05:06:14 PM »

I?m sure Dickenson wants BLM to play, however, Huffer - a former backup QB himself and who has always managed the cap in a shrewd manner - has likely locked up the saved cap $$. Besides, watching the BB eractic offense and soft secondary vs backup QB?s the concern Huf has with playing Arbuckle has to be very low.

Now for the BB to even have a chance this week...

LaPo needs to stop being so dam conservative and force Nichols out of his nervous nelly ?check down? comfort zone. We need to see if Nichols is actually worth keeping around and giving a raise to at the end of this year. And for once I?d love to see LaPo & Nichols give our receivers an opportunity to win us a game.

On D, we need our secondary and Hall?s defensive plan to quit giving the opposition Offence so much space and possession time to get their game rolling. I want to see them force more 2 n outs, especially at big points during the game.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 07:44:08 PM by Nic16 » Logged
blue_or_die

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2019, 06:53:03 PM »

Just a few comments as I kept away from here since the Thursday game.

I was as furious as anyone after the Toronto loss.

2 week ago, we were 5-0 and on top of the world. Then we got to Hamilton and within a few minutes of kickoff Masoli marched into the endzone virtually unopposed and we were behind for the first time since half time of Week 1. Minutes later we were down 14-0 and despite Masoli being done and their offense doing little for 55 minutes, we manage to give that very winnable game away by turning over the ball like we didn't even want it and just looking completely inept.

That was a mulligan, a wake up call, and a call to arms against our weaknesses that need to be immediately addressed. While it was hard to see us snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (yeah, I know we were never ahead in that game, but the Bombers of weeks past would have won that game), I could live with it. We weren't going to go 18-0, as we kept saying even after the wins piled up.

Laying the beat down on Toronto wasn't even going to make me feel better about the direction of the team because they were hot garbage in every game they played. It was supposed to be a free space on the bingo card. I remember telling myself that I would be mad if the game was even close. I don't need to recap what happened, but the last half of football played by this team is just something that good teams don't let happen ever.

Mulligans and excuses are over now, and after a weekend of healing spiritually, I have decided that in my mind, those two losses (or at least the Toronto one in particular) can be buried with a convincing win against the Stamps. Before, after beating down TO I could live with losing a good game to the Stamps. Not this one though. They need to very clearly make up for it to get on track.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2019, 08:32:32 PM »

Is Jefferson in or out for Thursday?? Or will it be a game time decision.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2019, 08:59:28 PM »

why does not someone go to Boston pizza St vital tonight and ask him..

thunderNlightning

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2019, 10:22:51 PM »

Didn?t know there was even an issue with him for Thursday
pjrocksmb

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2019, 10:55:44 PM »

After watching Nichols back to back against good defenders, and an even better one Thursday and we?ll coached. I don?t see much changing and seeing him struggle and panic under the instance any pressure is coming his way.

Or he will do what he has done most his career, be consistent, make good decisions and throw more TDS and INTS, either way LOL

blue girl

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2019, 11:33:42 PM »

Didn?t know there was even an issue with him for Thursday
He hasn't practised all week and O'Shea says that they're still evaluating his injury (whatever that means). If he can't go Kongbo will probably take his place.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2019, 11:50:33 PM »

He hasn't practised all week and O'Shea says that they're still evaluating his injury (whatever that means). If he can't go Kongbo will probably take his place.
Big setback

Jesse

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2019, 12:24:13 AM »

2 week ago, we were 5-0 and on top of the world. Then we got to Hamilton and within a few minutes of kickoff Masoli marched into the endzone virtually unopposed and we were behind for the first time since half time of Week 1. Minutes later we were down 14-0 and despite Masoli being done and their offense doing little for 55 minutes, we manage to give that very winnable game away by turning over the ball like we didn't even want it and just looking completely inept.

That was a mulligan, a wake up call, and a call to arms against our weaknesses that need to be immediately addressed. While it was hard to see us snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (yeah, I know we were never ahead in that game, but the Bombers of weeks past would have won that game), I could live with it. We weren't going to go 18-0, as we kept saying even after the wins piled up.

Laying the beat down on Toronto wasn't even going to make me feel better about the direction of the team because they were hot garbage in every game they played. It was supposed to be a free space on the bingo card. I remember telling myself that I would be mad if the game was even close. I don't need to recap what happened, but the last half of football played by this team is just something that good teams don't let happen ever.

Mulligans and excuses are over now, and after a weekend of healing spiritually, I have decided that in my mind, those two losses (or at least the Toronto one in particular) can be buried with a convincing win against the Stamps. Before, after beating down TO I could live with losing a good game to the Stamps. Not this one though. They need to very clearly make up for it to get on track.

Completely agree with everything you've said here.

My wife is amazing!
thunderNlightning

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2019, 12:33:54 AM »

I was sure that was about Jeffcoat not Jefferson?
thunderNlightning

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2019, 12:35:54 AM »

Wow, no Jefferson or Jeffcoat
kkc60

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2019, 12:39:55 AM »

Wow, no Jefferson or Jeffcoat
Only place I've seen anything about Jefferson is here. Might be a case of wrong J name.

If we were even remotely concerned both are out, at least one reinforcement would be brought in as we would then only have 2 healthy ends
thunderNlightning

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2019, 01:05:42 AM »

Only place I've seen anything about Jefferson is here. Might be a case of wrong J name.

If we were even remotely concerned both are out, at least one reinforcement would be brought in as we would then only have 2 healthy ends

That?s what I figure as well. I?ve heard nothing regarding Jefferson at all.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2019, 01:09:05 AM »

they are both beasts

blue girl

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2019, 01:28:53 AM »

Sorry I got the wrong Jeff. Jeffcoat is probably out but I'm pretty sure Jefferson came back to the game after 3 plays so I think that he's okay.
Pigskin

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2019, 02:21:15 AM »

Sorry wrong J name. It was Jeffcoat.
Blue In BC

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2019, 12:51:31 PM »

Then we'll see Roh starting with Kongbo rotating in at times. We don't have another import DL available at the moment.

No more excuses.
Nic16

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2019, 02:14:01 PM »

I sure hope Jeffcoat is not out too long...he is quietly becoming one of the best all-around DE?s in the league.
Tiger

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2019, 02:28:01 PM »

Our oline will be tested. That may be the key to the game. 

With a D like Calgary gimmick plays will not work.  It is all about the execution.  This is is a real test for all on offence.  Curious to see what happens.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Blue In BC

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2019, 03:28:55 PM »

Our oline will be tested. That may be the key to the game. 

With a D like Calgary gimmick plays will not work.  It is all about the execution.  This is is a real test for all on offence.  Curious to see what happens.

Defenses have to defend against gimmick plays as well. All offensive plays involve out executing the defense so I wouldn't say those won't work.

In fact because we have some unusual plays on offenses that gives defenses more work to do preparing to play us.

No more excuses.
TBURGESS

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2019, 03:40:35 PM »

I sure hope Jeffcoat is not out too long...he is quietly becoming one of the best all-around DE?s in the league.
He was put on the 6 game today.

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2019, 04:49:59 PM »

Agreed....my thoughts precisely!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2019, 09:05:28 AM »

Well said and you could count me in this boat as well.

Waffler

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2019, 12:03:34 PM »

Excited to see Janarion Grant return kicks.  In practice he looked like a Lucky Whitehead clone sans the red hair. Smaller but with speed to burn. 

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

Jump to: