Blue Bombers Forum
July 09, 2020, 08:51:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I love the bombers  (Read 1680 times)
Austin85

« on: July 27, 2019, 06:56:36 AM »

We finally faced a good defense and our o line that is somewhat  inexperienced  was witness to pressure  constantly.  So it was a good learning curve and we can be better next game.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 07:05:27 AM »

I love the Bombers too!  We will be better.  This is our year.

Never go full Rider!
In Motion

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 02:25:40 PM »

I love the Bombers too!  We will be better.  This is our year.

I love the Bombers too, but I'm thinking... not as much as I used to. I guess I pine for
the "good ole days" too much, when players stayed with the same team for most of their
careers. I have a poster of our 2016 team, which was just 3 years ago, and only a very few from
that team are on our 2019 squad.
lenny

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 02:44:26 PM »

I love vanity posts Roll Eyes
66 Chevelle

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 03:40:01 PM »

We finally faced a good defense and our o line that is somewhat  inexperienced  was witness to pressure  constantly.  So it was a good learning curve and we can be better next game.

I think it would have probably been the same result if we had faced a bad defense... the team just had a bad outing last night and once it started it just kind of snowballed on them... you hate to see it, but every team can have one in any given season... I'm not putting my stock in the way we played last night... as for now, I consider it the 'exception' more so than 'the rule'...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 04:35:41 PM »

I think it would have probably been the same result if we had faced a bad defense... the team just had a bad outing last night and once it started it just kind of snowballed on them... you hate to see it, but every team can have one in any given season... I'm not putting my stock in the way we played last night... as for now, I consider it the 'exception' more so than 'the rule'...

It's the expected correction to reality that often occurs at an unexpected time, and it happens every year, to every team, on multiple occasions.  It's the nature of football and one of the many reasons it entertains us, it wouldn't be worth watching if the best team simply won every game.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 04:42:25 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
66 Chevelle

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 10:11:51 PM »

It's the expected correction to reality that often occurs at an unexpected time, and it happens every year, to every team, on multiple occasions.  It's the nature of football and one of the many reasons it entertains us, it wouldn't be worth watching if the best team simply won every game.

exactly and the reason why I'm not all worked up or mad about it, it will pass... we'll get another opportunity next week to make everyone forget about this week...

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 10:17:15 PM »

I LOVE the Blue Bombers as well!

If we needed the learning game this was the time to have it. we will crush Argos again next week.

How?s this for an idea though.... RUN THE BALL!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 08:43:31 AM »

How?s this for an idea though.... RUN THE BALL!

A lot of teams could use that advice... and yes, we abandoned the run-heavy WPG m.o. too early, as we always had lots of time to come back.  No need for the panic 3rd INT throw either.  Lots of time.  If a team doesn't give us the deep ball, don't force it.  Play WPG ball.

BTW, WPG ball definitely does not include fumbles and INTs.

Never go full Rider!
GCn19

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 11:17:44 AM »

Uncharacteristic giveaways by the Bombers. This is not something that will happen a lot. We forget that football players can sometimes lose focus or get cocky when they win a ton of games in a row. Humility was served and i am sure the lesson was learned.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Norlorne Dr.
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 01:54:51 PM »

I especially love our D this year.  Love seeing Biggie, Jeffcoat, Nevis, Jefferson, etc. out there every week. 
TecnoGenius

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 06:28:02 AM »

I especially love our D this year.  Love seeing Biggie, Jeffcoat, Nevis, Jefferson, etc. out there every week

Except this past week.

But yes, excluding the HAM game, those guys are all monsters this year and are the best unit in the CFL (IMHO!).

Never go full Rider!
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2019, 07:26:47 AM »

We gotta play better every game.  Down 14 - 0 to start the game gotta be new to the Bombers but they gotta learn to fight back and fight back hard and knock their competition to the ground like all great teams do.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2019, 07:01:35 PM »

the aggravating thing for me was, this is the first time watching the Bombers and being down 14-0 and I had zero concerns... even gains the Beast in the East, lol... I felt like it make time a little bit of time but was more than comfortable that we would 'right the ship' and end of winning the game...

and it just seemed to snowball and get worse and worse... and even after playing so bad thru 3 and 3/4's of the game, I thought we still had it in the bag... even though we were still playing like crap, and I knew that there were things that we would have to address in the weeks to come, I was still confident that we were going to pull it out...

worse case sceanario at the end was we were going to score, convert the 2 and send it into overtime... ugly win but a win no less... never happened... and as much as I would have loved to lay this at Nichols' feet, I'm not, I'm blaming Lapo... 49 passes and 8 rushes? come on... a night were Nichols was obviously having trouble with the ball you have him continue to do so 48 times?

and it just wasn't the number of passes, but Lapo seemed to slip right back into that shell he does when he's scared, screen after screen pass and playing short... Harris wasn't having a career night running but he was going ok, he had reeled off a 27 yarder and a 11 yarders I believe, of the 8 that he ran... I get that the screen is an extension of the run, but when you are sending Harris out into the flat all of the time it's not hard to see what's coming... at least give him a running head start and let him take it right our to the QB's hand...

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 07:12:23 PM »

Except this past week.

But yes, excluding the HAM game, those guys are all monsters this year and are the best unit in the CFL (IMHO!).

The D still had a good game against Hammy. 235 yards of offence and Rose got a pick.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: