Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2019, 12:22:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BLM receives cortisone  (Read 1360 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2019, 06:53:55 AM »

Here's a thought I think about a lot.  Is it that BLM is so good, and Arbuckle is very good, or is it that CGY's system is that good?  In other words, maybe any serviceable QB would look good in CGY.  Or said another way, would Arbuckle or even BLM look as good in another jersey?  I mean, look at Mike Reilly.

The more I watch CGY, and watch their players and coaches come and go, the more I think it's just CGY's "book" is really that good.  The players are secondary to the equation.  Sure, you need a certainly level of competence from the player, but after that, it's all gravy.

I think if you took Arbuckle or BLM and plunked them in TOR, they stink up the joint just as bad as MBT; maybe get 1 more win or something.  I'm not saying BLM isn't elite, but talking like Arbuckle is close to elite and massive trade-bait seems a bit premature.  But I think the number of hypothetical games won with BLM vs Arbuckle in there is like 25% more with BLM, not 75% (at least based on this year's performance).

To beat CGY, you don't beat their players, you beat their system.  Heck, you plunk MBT into their system for 2 years and they probably get close to the same number of wins as Arbuckle.
bowlerdude

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »

Yup, I don't think you're off-base there.

If the Stampeders are the CFL's version of the Patriots minus playoff success, you could call BLM their Tom Brady and Arbuckle their Matt Cassel.

BLM is unquestionably elite and would be great anywhere in the league but Calgary's system/coaching and ability to continually find very good players around their QB is able to put everyone in a very good position with a chance to succeed. It's possible that Arbuckle is actually good but I think way too early to say for sure. Teams without a QB are always desperate to find one though, so he will have value as a trade chip or Free Agent.
DM83

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2019, 01:35:58 PM »

Calgary is absolutely amazing picking up unknown guys with talent.  The thing that amazes me is how do they keep finding offensive linemen.

At the start of the year, I figured this is the year Calgarys O line sucks.  Yet here they are, soon to be in first place with a back up QB.

Certainly, their coaches and scouts/, management do a great job.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2019, 04:22:27 PM »

Bo 6 gamed again.

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/16/stampeders-put-qb-bo-levi-mitchell-back-on-the-six-game-injured-list/
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »

Dickenson on Bo, who will go back on the 6-game ?He doesn?t feel confident in his arm right now. I am concerned. I thought he?d be ready to rock here. It?s a shoulder for a QB that?s always a concern? @
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2019, 05:57:06 PM »

Now Arbuckle questionable.

They may have big problems in cow town.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: