Blue Bombers Forum
July 07, 2020, 06:12:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A little snippet from this weeks 'The Insiders Say' from The Athletic  (Read 3253 times)
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 08:45:31 PM »

The problem is people tend to review history with perfect hind-sight, at the time who could predict a mountain of a man like Tyson Pencer would be a complete bust.

Isn't that why there are pre-draft rankings? Pencer wasn't even in the top 15 when the final rankings were released in April 2012. Was that tumble not taken into consideration by Mack?

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
gobombersgo

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 09:20:23 PM »

Maybe....but it still serves no purpose to discuss ancient history. In 2015 we could have had Henry Burris if Walters had big higher. What's the point of reliving these moments of failure? Mack might be the head guy in Montreal, but he can certainly not do any worse than Kavis.

I chalk that one up to Walters being a rookie GM and learning the ropes on how to deal with different egos.

I talked to Burris and he just felt Ottawa wanted him more so he signed with them. It wasn't just the money.

pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 01:26:09 AM »

It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.

Eddie can teach you.

https://youtu.be/8G2WzH4AKpE

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
66 Chevelle

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 03:49:23 AM »

I don't know, if you find any truth in the old adage of "those that don't know history or doomed to repeat it", there can be value found in discussing both good and bad moves of the past...

also, not everyone here has been around forever and it's something new we learn as a more recent fan of the Bombers and CFL in general...

and lastly, if mistakes of the past are going to be brought up, it's a lot easier to laugh them off when the team is hitting on all cylinders and currently enjoying a lot of success as opposed to reliving those moments when you're in a down cycle... at least I would think so...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: