Blue Bombers Forum
July 05, 2020, 10:06:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A little snippet from this weeks 'The Insiders Say' from The Athletic  (Read 3233 times)
BigBlueCrew

« on: July 17, 2019, 03:15:21 PM »

I look so forward to these each week. I just wish Penton put out more than one article a week.

This is what a Bomber insider had to say. Can only imagine who it might have been. Obviously I have no idea who it was.

"When Joe Mack was our GM we could have traded for Ricky Ray. He said we didn?t need him. Same year we drafted Tyson Pencer in the first round. But when (the team was) struggling, he fired (Paul LaPolice) in August. Look, I?ve heard both sides of the Ray debate. Great player who couldn?t stay healthy, but at that point, Buck?s (Pierce) injury history was worse."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:28:26 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
jeremy q public

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 03:19:19 PM »

OMG. So WE could've been the team to steal Ricky Ray for a couple of nobodies and a draft pick, and Mack said "no thanks?!"

What an absolute fool.
Pigskin

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 05:39:02 PM »

Water under the bridge. Can't live in the passed, can't changes the passed. As long as he is not here, all is good.
GCn19

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 05:41:12 PM »

OMG. So WE could've been the team to steal Ricky Ray for a couple of nobodies and a draft pick, and Mack said "no thanks?!"

What an absolute fool.

Where does it say we could have had him for a couple of nobodies and a draft pick? For all we know they may have been asking for 2 1st round draft picks and Jovon Johnson from us.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:46:08 PM by GCn18 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
rubanski

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 05:48:43 PM »

Walters was on staff at the time as well. Probably makes more sense if it's someone who has moved on already?
GCn19

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 05:48:47 PM »

Also, who cares? The list of Winnipeg near misses is long and shameful over the past 30 years. Do we really need to dig them up?

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »

Also, who cares? The list of Winnipeg near misses is long and shameful over the past 30 years. Do we really need to dig them up?

Maybe it came up again because Sleepy Joe is heading up the Als now.
GCn19

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 06:04:54 PM »

Maybe it came up again because Sleepy Joe is heading up the Als now.

Maybe....but it still serves no purpose to discuss ancient history. In 2015 we could have had Henry Burris if Walters had big higher. What's the point of reliving these moments of failure? Mack might be the head guy in Montreal, but he can certainly not do any worse than Kavis.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 06:35:04 PM »

Some posters seem to enjoy necrophilia.
blue_or_die

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 06:47:00 PM »

We talk about our history on this site all the time...

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 07:34:30 PM »

We talk about our history on this site all the time...

But why the bad? There's so much of it.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
blue_or_die

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 07:51:09 PM »

But why the bad? There's so much of it.

I personally find it interesting to think about the reasons of why we are here today. Thinking back and dwelling on negative events isn't the same thing as thinking negatively.

I dunno, I always found history interesting. It's the bad stuff that you can really learn from.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 08:07:57 PM »

I personally find it interesting to think about the reasons of why we are here today. Thinking back and dwelling on negative events isn't the same thing as thinking negatively.

I dunno, I always found history interesting. It's the bad stuff that you can really learn from.

Fair enough. It certainly is interesting to talk about history, be it bad or good.

I'm just not sure how much I believe this "insider" information. I still don't understand what GM in his right mind would pass on a proven QB when the one he had was basically done. It's like the times some random poster brings up the whole "Mack passed on Mike Reilly" thing. I just don't get it.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
DM83

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 08:17:05 PM »

Slow week I guess!

It's another reason Mack was a jerk.
I don't need more reasons.  I concluded that when he was or more accurately not here.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 08:40:33 PM »

The problem is people tend to review history with perfect hind-sight, at the time who could predict a mountain of a man like Tyson Pencer would be a complete bust.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: