Blue Bombers Forum
October 19, 2019, 10:26:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kavis Fired  (Read 5143 times)
BlueInCgy

« on: July 14, 2019, 01:26:28 PM »

So I guess winning is a bad thing....
TBURGESS

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 01:31:35 PM »

All hail Joe Mack. Grin

Being right never gets old.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 01:41:45 PM »

All hail Joe Mack. Grin

Unbelievable but true.

"Joe Mack will now have oversight of all football operations, but the team will be jointly managed with Khari Jones," Alouettes President and CEO Patrick Boivin said in a team-issued statement.  "Specifically, coach Jones will now be responsible for our active roster on a daily basis, and Joe will oversee all player personnel and football operation matters, including salary cap, contracts, operations and logistics. Patrick Donovan remains Director of Football Operations. These are standout individuals and are steadfast on collaboratively doing what is best for this team to win."

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/14/als-part-ways-gm-kavis-reed/
Doublezero

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 01:43:55 PM »

This could turn out to be a shrewd move the the Als. Next owners will be deciding who the real GM is when that happens.

Just gimme the rock.
the paw

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 01:50:05 PM »

The league clued in that new owners are not going to want to be saddled with Kavis.

I can?t think of any other plausible reason, given that Khari has appeared to have stabilized the team.

grab grass 'n growl
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 02:04:27 PM »

Have to wonder with Kavis fired what happens in BC with Hervey in BC? Talk on various sites is that major changes coming in BC as well - not sure if they mean at the management level or playing level.
bluebeard

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 02:19:13 PM »

There could be a lot of changes being made in TO, Van, and Regina  if nothing changes. Grin
BlueInCgy

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 02:28:08 PM »

Have to wonder with Kavis fired what happens in BC with Hervey in BC? Talk on various sites is that major changes coming in BC as well - not sure if they mean at the management level or playing level.

My guess would be the next round of big changes will be after week 7.  BC Sask have back to back games; if one team loses both games, I expect a big overall change on the losing team.

As far as TO goes, I don?t think Chamblin makes it to mid season.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 02:32:23 PM »

My guess would be the next round of big changes will be after week 7.  BC Sask have back to back games; if one team loses both games, I expect a big overall change on the losing team.

As far as TO goes, I don?t think Chamblin makes it to mid season.

Can't just fire coaches willly-nilly without having competent replacements lined up.  Not a whole lot of good coaches available looking for jobs as far as I can tell.
bluebeard

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 02:44:59 PM »

No doubt an assistant coach would take over until the end of the season then watch the scrambling to begin.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »

Can't just fire coaches willly-nilly without having competent replacements lined up.  Not a whole lot of good coaches available looking for jobs as far as I can tell.

Chapdelaine would take the promotion.
dd

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 03:59:00 PM »

This move should have happened a year ago. I don?t get the timing of it. They?re on a 2 game winning streak, why create a distraction?? The new owners could have fired Kavis as their first order of business.
bomb squad

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 04:10:16 PM »

This move should have happened a year ago. I don?t get the timing of it. They?re on a 2 game winning streak, why create a distraction?? The new owners could have fired Kavis as their first order of business.

If they had a real owner, this wouldn't have happened now. I guess the CFL was negotiating with Mack for a few weeks and their timeline was up. Mack and his attorney probably forced their hand on a decision, which is good negotiating tactic on their part.
dd

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 04:30:17 PM »

Why would the league be negotiating with joe Mack and what leverage would he have to force their hsnd?? The guys as big a joke as Kavis !!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 04:52:33 PM »

Ah remember when we has issues like this?

I predict a lot of pain ahead.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: