Blue Bombers Forum
July 24, 2019, 12:14:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GDT Harri Eskies at Fancy Hat Fat Cats  (Read 1498 times)
kkc60

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2019, 04:28:35 AM »

BC punted or lost so many veteran figures: Elimimian, Arcenaux, J.Johnson, Lumbala, Rainey, Lulay, Benson and Olafioye the big ones. And it's hard starting a team from scratch with a rookie HC, no matter how good or bad he is. But really they're a team with no clear leader anywhere, besides Reilly and maybe Lee
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2019, 04:29:07 AM »

Wonder what Reilly is thinking about his move now.  I realize money was involved in his move to BC, but is it worth the punishment he is getting?  Based on what we saw tonight can't see how there will be any immediate improvement.   Even Sukh Chungh didn't help much but it wasn't entirely his fault.  Enough blame to go around.

They should have saved their money and gone all Import on the O-line.
kkc60

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2019, 04:30:03 AM »

He wouldn't be the first guy to use his last contact to get payed at the expense of winning.

Not say MR13 did this, but it has happened....and errrrr, is...

It's the CFL. Its not like the NFL where taking a discount is as easy to do. I don't think Reilly is necessarily the problem. I think all the leaders they lost is what hurts
kkc60

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2019, 04:30:51 AM »

They should have saved their money and gone all Import on the O-line.
Chungh is a run blocker. He has never been a very good pass blocker. He just isn't a scheme fit
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2019, 04:33:11 AM »

BC punted or lost so many veteran figures: Elimimian, Arcenaux, J.Johnson, Lumbala, Rainey, Lulay, Benson and Olafioye the big ones. And it's hard starting a team from scratch with a rookie HC, no matter how good or bad he is. But really they're a team with no clear leader anywhere, besides Reilly and maybe Lee

Over the last few years they've also let a very good secondary slip away, they're scattered throughout the league playing well for their new teams. 
Dodge and Burn

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2019, 04:45:40 AM »

It's the CFL. Its not like the NFL where taking a discount is as easy to do. I don't think Reilly is necessarily the problem. I think all the leaders they lost is what hurts

If the market is gonna pay Reilly a big number, he should take it. Id never fault a pro football player for getting his bread.

In the CFL where a small cap is the reality, whats the top floor for a QB salary that still fields a competive roster?

It's not the violin, it's the violinist
Stats Junkie

Unofficial Blue Bombers Historian

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2019, 04:54:54 AM »

On the Lions post game show, it was suggested that Chungh looked better than he really is when playing in Winnipeg because he had Goossen on one side and Hardrick on the other side.

@Stats_Junkie
BlueInCgy

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2019, 04:58:38 AM »

What a waste of an evening.  BC at their sucktastic best.  Reilly get destroyed on the regular.  Carter will be cut soon.

Edmonton on the other hand is a solid team.  Starting to think Maas is a better coach than I give him credit for.  Ellingson + Harris is a great combination.
kkc60

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2019, 05:02:40 AM »

What a waste of an evening.  BC at their sucktastic best.  Reilly get destroyed on the regular.  Carter will be cut soon.

Edmonton on the other hand is a solid team.  Starting to think Maas is a better coach than I give him credit for.  Ellingson + Harris is a great combination.
Was Carter bad? I thought he seemed fine so far this year. Not spectacular but not much worse than other teams receivers
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2019, 05:09:35 AM »

Players love playing for Maas.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2019, 09:01:35 AM »

Another awful game.  They had how many weeks to prepare for EDM's pass rush?  They had how many weeks to come up with some quick pass plays?  They had how many weeks to scout some new OL?

Pitiful.  I feel really sorry for MR13.  I really do.  How can you not like the guy?  He's the consummate (ex-) winner.  Loved by all his peers in the league.  Always voted "toughest" player.  You might be able to say BLM is as good as MR, but most non-CGYers hate BLM with his bravado and BS.

With a MR deep-pass game plan, you need a solid OL.  Need.  NEED.  N.E.E.D.  BC's OL looks like some set of losers from the East.  It's clearly not working, so blow it up!  Get out there and bring in some huge IMP tackles.  Like yesterday.  Are those tackles NATs?  I sure hope they are, because if those are IMPs then that OL is even more pathetic.  Do they have Chungh at RT or RG?  If RT, it's not working, guys!

Their OL is being manhandled and pushed back into MR every single play.  Maybe Chungh alone is holding his ground, but that makes them even worse because then holes open between RT and RG that delayed/stunt guys can exploit.  It's really disgusting.  Are the OL not supposed to be the 330lb beasts that are pushing back the puny DL?  Their OL are looking like they weigh what I weigh (which isn't much).  Sad.

Who here wouldn't agree that BC would have a better record today had they kept Jennings as #1 at a discount, pocketed $400k in savings, and bought a decent OL and RB (and D)?  I guarantee you they'd have more COMP's and yards and points.  Blowing up the wallet for MR has backfired and there is no going back now for 3 years unless they trade away MR or find some miracle cheap IMP OL.

But what do I care, as garbage BC and SSK guarantee we are in the playoffs and have a few easy West games this year.  It lets us focus all our energy on enemy #1: CGY.

Oh ya, did you see the horrible attendance at BC Place tonight?  Looked like half of what it was for the home opener.  After this awful shambolic display I expect next home game to be attended solely by crickets.  Not good for the CFL.

Only Week 5 but it would be interesting to check the preseason prediction thread and all the hype for BC.

OK:

Those putting BC in #1: Sir Blue and Gold, Zipp, Knocker42   <---- doh!

Those putting BC in #2/#3: Buck, GCn18, blue girl, Marshall, TBURGESS, Blue In Edmonton, RebusRankin, blueraid, BBRT, blue_or_die(2nd try), Tiger, New_Earth_Mud, dd, Jockitch, Lincoln Locomotive, Robbie, theaardvark

Those putting BC in #4/#5: 3rdand1.5, Horseman, Colton, SSC, bluebeard, Goldmember, 1chad, M.O.A.B., TecnoGenius, booch, heart of gold

So I think we'll all be shocked if BC ends up #1 in the W.  BC could still end middle of the pack so that was a safe bet.  With the current standings and apparent BC talent, guessing they are bottom-2 looks like the right bet so far.

Looking back, I'm a bit surprised so many had BC as bottom-2.  I remember a lot of people defending Claybrooks as the second coming.  So far I think 3-piece Benevedes could have done a better job in BC.

Over the last few years they've also let a very good secondary slip away, they're scattered throughout the league playing well for their new teams

By new teams, you mean WPG?  Our D is basically BC's D from 2 years ago.   Grin Grin Cheesy

On the Lions post game show, it was suggested that Chungh looked better than he really is when playing in Winnipeg because he had Goossen on one side and Hardrick on the other side.

Well of course Chungh is better when he's surrounded by good players!  So people are blasting Chungh for not being able to win on his own when he's the only one holding his ground?  That's rich.  The solution isn't to blame Chungh, the solution is to surround Chungh with good players.  To suggest Chungh was a turnstile that other players covered for is a load of baloney that every WPG fan will instantly detect.  If they don't like Chungh, we'll take him back if BC can pay $100k of his '19 SMS salary!  Wink

Love the euphemism.  Bang on.  DC very well may be cut.  He's simply useless.  How many passes from MR did he whiff on?  Not getting in the right place.  Not getting open.  Not trying hard enough.  Tired and whiny.  He botches that underthrow ball when he's wide open and he doesn't even care enough to hit the ground convincingly?  He just sits there and taps it with both fists.

BC may have to keep DC simply because they are stuck with nothing better.  But if there's one player MR hates right now, it's DC.  He's seething quietly to himself about DC.  He's seething every time DC's # is called for a pass.  You better believe MR is talking to Jarius about avoiding DC at all costs.  Everywhere DC goes he fails.  Will some desperate East team pick him up or is that it for DC?

As for Maas... nope, he's awful.  He seems good when he's winning, but when he's losing he loses his composure really fast.  EDM does have something clicking right now, but it's more of a default by not being as bad as BC & SSK (and the East).  I have no doubt we win the SS on EDM this year.

Was Carter bad? I thought he seemed fine so far this year. Not spectacular but not much worse than other teams receivers

No, not bad.  Awful.  Poor all year.  Remember, he's supposed to be the star receiver after Burnham.  He's at best MR's #4 or #5 now.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2019, 12:03:29 PM »

Chungh is a run blocker. He has never been a very good pass blocker. He just isn't a scheme fit
Now that you have mentioned that. Yes this was true when he was here.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Waffler

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2019, 01:04:26 PM »

He seems disinterested. Talent still there. The whole BC team appears on the verge of giving up.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2019, 01:07:10 PM »

He seems disinterested. Talent still there. The whole BC team appears on the verge of giving up.
So it's more of a "cut Carter because we don't like him" type of thing
3rdand1.5

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2019, 01:11:33 PM »

They talked about how Claybrroks didn't want to control guys indiviualities, and how he wanted to let his players show personalities. It seems to me that, that is how the team is playing... as individuals not as a team .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: