Blue Bombers Forum
December 15, 2019, 08:06:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Toronto at Winnipeg July 12, 2019  (Read 9345 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2019, 11:24:58 PM »

any time that you don't have at least a little bit of an uneasy feeling, regardless of opponent, is when you get tripped up and probably lose...

its kind of like if you never have any fear, there is no opportunity to be brave... fear isn't a bad thing and contributes to being able to appreciate and respect the things you've done or accomplished in spite of it...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Tiger

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2019, 02:34:38 AM »

any time that you don't have at least a little bit of an uneasy feeling, regardless of opponent, is when you get tripped up and probably lose...

its kind of like if you never have any fear, there is no opportunity to be brave... fear isn't a bad thing and contributes to being able to appreciate and respect the things you've done or accomplished in spite of it...

Agreed.  Football is a game of emotion. Without uneasy feeling your better have something to get you jacked or you can easily lose, not matter how good you are

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
dd

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2019, 04:28:49 AM »

Willie Jefferson will bring the smoke man, and single handedly take care of business. Doesn?t matter who?s taking snaps for the arblows, Willie will bury them!! He called everyone out on tv last week, ?ya, like that smoke, come to winnipeg man, well the Argos are coming to winnipeg, let?s see the smoke Willie!! Can?t wait !!
Dodge and Burn

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2019, 04:33:33 AM »

In three games the Argos are giving up 141 yrds per game to our 43 on the ground. Harris should have a good night. 

Im pretty confident we win, I want to see our fronts dominate the trenches. It looks like W. Jefferson is just finding his game in our scheme...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:38:32 AM by Dodge and Burn » Logged

It's not the violin, it's the violinist
kkc60

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2019, 04:34:37 AM »

I can't watch the game tomorrow, sadly. That being said, if I'm the Bombers I'm targeting their corners and Wild in the passing game. One x factor they have is Tobi Antiga, but I think only Chris Jones and maybe Richie Hall can utilize him properly. He and Awe are athletic freaks. But after that we should be fine vs their secondary. As for our defence, we cant sleep on Llevi Noel. The guy has been good for them. And Walker should get more targets if their OC has half a brain.

Should be a good win for us but could.be a trap game
DM83

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2019, 05:55:58 AM »

Well which one?
TecnoGenius

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2019, 09:27:39 AM »

Despite the depth chart, Adam Bighill's status for Friday still up in the air. The #Bombers list only six O-linemen, so Bighill (hamstring) could still potentially be scratched. O'Shea said this week the decision might be made right at game time.

Yes, usually when they play this game, the player is out.  However, I don't think the OL deletion is the big tell.  If Biggie wants to start it's pretty clear that Temple is the one scratch.  I think we're getting much more confident at OL that we are safe dressing 6.

But after that we should be fine vs their secondary. As for our defence, we cant sleep on Llevi Noel. The guy has been good for them. And Walker should get more targets if their OC has half a brain.

Yes, no one mentions Noel.  He's that forgotten NATman and he always makes plays and is a super solid YACer.  Tough to bring down, and rarely misses a catch.  However, he's the short-pass game and our LBs will keep him contained.

I think you attack TORs edges.  I see a lot of sweeps and backfield deception plays.  And a ton of A.Harris if someone can get up to block Awe.

MBT actually isn't bad, and he seems fearless (whether in taking hits or throwing risky balls).  And he has the receivers to make it happen.  The TOR weakness is their OL.  Smack that puppy all night long.  Pressure, blitz, baby!  If you give MBT too much time and composure, he'll make some big plays.

While TORs run game looks good on paper, I think it's a weakness for them.  Wilder just doesn't seem to be able to find 2017.  Solid RB and DT play should force MBT into the air, which should allow our pressure boys to feast.  Could be a great night for WPG D INTs stat line...
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2019, 12:07:54 PM »

GAME DAY!

And the weather is picture perfect. Especially for my GOLD MEMBER outfit for the game🤴.

46-16 BB

D holds touchdownless till halfway through the 2nd quarter.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:09:26 PM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2019, 01:26:41 PM »

If the game is well in hand.. IF... I really think that it is akin to a preseason game, and you put in backups on O, including QB and RB... as well as anyone in the least nicked. 

Watching Reilly get creamed over and over, and seeing Harris get Willised, after the game was well decided, well... I don't want to lose a QB that had to come out of last game...

I really, Really hope MOD and crew agree...  I know players want to be out there to the final whistle, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor..

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2019, 01:27:25 PM »

Hmmm. I see on CFL. CA transaction that Rios was moved to the 6 game IR and Humes has been activated.

Sorry to hear Rios was injured but excited to see Humes in 2019. He impressed me in his brief appearance last year with his willingness to hit. Coaches seem high on him so want to see how he does.

It probably will take a few games to catch up per se and get more defensive reps.

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2019, 01:31:13 PM »

Hmmm. I see on CFL. CA transaction that Rios was moved to the 6 game IR and Humes has been activated.

Sorry to hear Rios was injured but excited to see Humes in 2019. He impressed me in his brief appearance last year with his willingness to hit. Coaches seem high on him so want to see how he does.

It probably will take a few games to catch up per se and get more defensive reps.
I see no drop off with Humes.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Blue In BC

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2019, 01:36:13 PM »

I see no drop off with Humes.

Neither do I. I am wondering what injury Rios has. He wasn't a full participant in TC either so something lingering? I didn't notice anything we he played last week so the 6 game was the surprise.

Realistically I did expect Humes to be activated when he was healthy with Rios bumped to the 1 game or possibly the PR as the rookie.

No more excuses.
blue_or_die

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2019, 01:50:04 PM »

I went into the year thinking Humes would have been in our starting lineup in Week 1
TheHypnotoad

[deleted]

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2019, 01:52:17 PM »

I don't think an undeated bombers team has even won against a winless team. We stink in games like this. I'm placing money on the Argos, they get their first win tonught

[deleted]
blue_or_die

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2019, 02:38:00 PM »

I don't think an undeated bombers team has even won against a winless team. We stink in games like this. I'm placing money on the Argos, they get their first win tonught

How can you say that when this group hasn't lost a game yet all year?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: