Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:33:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighbourhood Blue Bomber Flags  (Read 2162 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: July 10, 2019, 03:56:12 PM »

Order flags here!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:57:49 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_or_die

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 04:08:06 PM »

I proudly mount a Bomber flag on my front fence all season long (and change it out for a Jets one from Dec to May).

I emailed the Bomber store to suggest my neighbourhood as it's not on the site yet.

Might also have to pick up the Interlake one for the lake!

Cool idea.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 04:52:07 PM »

Tempting to get the StVital one.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Donny C

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 05:38:29 PM »

I wonder if they'd make a Winkler one?
Donny C

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 05:44:25 PM »

I do not actually see Winkler listed on any of them.
Donny C

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 05:58:46 PM »

I just called the Bomber store and after much searching, they found Winkler and nearby communities on the 'Pembina' flag.

I sent them an e-mail and hopefully, they get it sorted out.

Here was the e-mail,

"Good afternoon!

I am loving the Neighborhood flag idea!

I did not see my community listed so I called the Bomber store. I live in Winkler, and after some searching, they found 'Winkler' and other surrounding communities on the 'Pembina' flag.

To me, that made no sense as we do not call ourselves 'Pembina' at all. At this time, I could not buy this flag because everyone would think I was an idiot for having a "Pembina" flag. This area is at times referred to as the "Pembina Valley" but never "Pembina" for short. If you get the flag sorted out, please let me know as I'd love to buy it.

Many thanks,"
bluengold204

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 06:07:27 PM »

Got the transcona flag, I'm pumped.
TheHypnotoad

TOAD KNOWS

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 06:22:51 PM »

Dividing fans into neighborhoods like this is a terrible idea. Should unite fans together instead of causing divisions like this dumb promo will. Terrible idea.

TOAD KNOWS
Donny C

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 06:23:26 PM »

Dividing fans into neighborhoods like this is a terrible idea. Should unite fans together instead of causing divisions like this dumb promo will. Terrible idea.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheHypnotoad

TOAD KNOWS

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 06:25:40 PM »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See who laughing when some crum bum from trancona bottles you for being too obnoxious with your Pembina flag. Dumb promotion, another markting failure

TOAD KNOWS
ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 06:26:32 PM »

MY neighbourhood is supporting OUR Bombers.  Get it?

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_or_die

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 06:28:02 PM »

No, he clearly doesn't understand the core concept.
TheHypnotoad

TOAD KNOWS

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2019, 06:28:55 PM »

I get the promoton but its just going to cause more tribalism. Look at cureent world poltics to see why thats a bad idea LOL!

TOAD KNOWS
ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 06:32:12 PM »

I get the promoton but its just going to cause more tribalism. Look at cureent world poltics to see why thats a bad idea LOL!

Comparing dynamics of world politics to football fans.  Hmmmm. 

3rdand1.5

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 06:34:05 PM »

Don?t worry just drink from a plastic...err cardboard...wax drink box thing...ummmhh

I like the idea
blue girl

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 06:35:14 PM »

I plan to get the downtown one. I hope that they'll have some Friday night.
Donny C

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 06:36:08 PM »

See who laughing when some crum bum from trancona bottles you for being too obnoxious with your Pembina flag. Dumb promotion, another markting failure

Someone from Transcona is going to drive out to Winkler and then drive around the city to find the place that is flying a flag that is different than Transcona flag, simply to cause a problem?

I think it is a great promotion and am glad to see some unique and creative initiatives by the team!

It is completely fair if you do not like it.

I do not see your concern coming to fruition.
Stretch

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 06:37:26 PM »

I get the core concept behind this idea, but I don't like it.

I LOVE it.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 06:48:25 PM »

Count me in as one who loves this idea. My neighbourhood is part of St. Vital and I?ll be looking for mine at the Bomber store. I also want one of the lawn signs too.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 07:27:19 PM »

Bombers "flag campaign" turns into an all out turf war ala "Bloods and Crips".  Who knew???
blue_or_die

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 07:35:50 PM »

Bombers "flag campaign" turns into an all out turf war ala "Bloods and Crips".  Who knew???

Ain't no Charleswoodians gonna come out east to my hood and think they're a better Bomber fan than me!!
BlueInCgy

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 08:17:42 PM »

They need to shoot a promo for this, ala the fight scene from Anchorman.

Clearly Transcona would win, and fight dirty doing it, the Interlakers would never show up because they totally lost track of time on the dock, and Pembina would conscientiously object, until some Rider fans wandered in, and then all Bomber fans turn on them.

(I'm allowed to make this joke because I grew in Transcona with a cottage on the Lee River, I come from Mennonite heritage, and my parents moved to Winkler 8 years ago).

They also need an Ex-pat flag, considering a significant portion of this board no longer lives in Manitoba.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 08:29:41 PM by BlueInCgy » Logged
Donny C

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 09:03:42 PM »

They need to shoot a promo for this, ala the fight scene from Anchorman.

Clearly Transcona would win, and fight dirty doing it, the Interlakers would never show up because they totally lost track of time on the dock, and Pembina would conscientiously object, until some Rider fans wandered in, and then all Bomber fans turn on them.

(I'm allowed to make this joke because I grew in Transcona with a cottage on the Lee River, I come from Mennonite heritage, and my parents moved to Winkler 8 years ago).

They also need an Ex-pat flag, considering a significant portion of this board no longer lives in Manitoba.

I'm not Mennonite, so I'd throw down.
NewBlue

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 09:09:56 PM »

Screw the community thing, I just want a big W on the flag...who cares what neighborhood it is??

I'm North of the City, so I guess that's Interlake...but I don't want no Interlake flag in my yard...I want a Bomber Flag!
Buck

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 09:12:44 PM »

They should keep a tally of which neighborhood is more "for the W".  Maybe a weekly power rankings..

Just kidding of course.
Bomber Maniac

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 09:58:10 PM »

Awesome idea!!  I jumped in for 6 for family.  How can you beat the STH price?!  Thinking these will sell out.

For the person who asked I don?t think there is a Pembina flag?  Winkler would probably be covered by the Central Manitoba flag.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 11:03:12 PM »

Anyone who thinks this is a bad idea is either deranged or ignorant.

It?s a fantastic idea and bring communities together as True Blue and Gold fans!

blue newt

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2019, 02:23:01 AM »

I would like one for British Columbia.  Please.  Let's blanket the whole country in blue and gold ForTheW flags!!!!

Grin

66 Chevelle

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 06:23:37 AM »

needless to say, I was more than a little shocked and disappointed that there wasn't any neighborhoods in Missouri available...  just as well, it would have probably had my neighbors really confused...  Grin

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2019, 08:40:41 AM »

needless to say, I was more than a little shocked and disappointed that there wasn't any neighborhoods in Missouri available...  just as well, it would have probably had my neighbors really confused...  Grin

Well, maybe they should have a "USA" neighbourhood flag... there was that Rhode Island guy who called into the Coach's Show the other night.  Could sell better than you'd think!

I think the flags are awesome, and kudos to WFC for getting creative with the merchandise.  I might just pick one up for my 'hood... but then I may need to go out and buy a flagpole to fly it properly!
bluengold204

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2019, 12:19:05 PM »

Screw the community thing, I just want a big W on the flag...who cares what neighborhood it is??

I'm North of the City, so I guess that's Interlake...but I don't want no Interlake flag in my yard...I want a Bomber Flag!

Pretty sure they sell those too at the bomber store, or at least use to.
blue_or_die

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »

Pretty sure they sell those too at the bomber store, or at least use to.

lol no kidding.
Stretch

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2019, 12:32:06 PM »

there was that Rhode Island guy who called into the Coach's Show the other night.

Was it "Glen Q" or "Peter G"?  Cheesy

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2019, 01:06:43 PM »

Ed Tait Retweeted
Rheanne Marcoux
‏ @RheanneMarcoux
16h16 hours ago

Over 200 neighbourhood flags sold today alone! We have a second order of 15+ neighbourhoods on our list so if yours isn't available yet, it likely will be soon!

blue_or_die

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2019, 01:21:11 PM »

Ed Tait Retweeted
Rheanne Marcoux
‏ @RheanneMarcoux
16h16 hours ago

Over 200 neighbourhood flags sold today alone! We have a second order of 15+ neighbourhoods on our list so if yours isn't available yet, it likely will be soon!

Awesome!
Colton

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2019, 02:27:45 PM »

Love the idea, will absolutely pick one up if my neighbourhood is in that 15+ additions
Donny C

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2019, 02:58:34 PM »

Awesome idea!!  I jumped in for 6 for family.  How can you beat the STH price?!  Thinking these will sell out.

For the person who asked I don?t think there is a Pembina flag?  Winkler would probably be covered by the Central Manitoba flag.

Unless they changed it since my phone call, places like Winkler, Morden, Altona, etc were on the Pembina flag.
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2019, 05:03:34 PM »

It gets Blue Bomber flags flying ALL over the province. What's wrong with that ?

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
Norm W

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2019, 06:06:11 PM »

One mans terrorist is a revolutionist to another... Now if the flags start drawing distinctions between the sections of the stadium your sitting I see trouble!  Roll Eyes

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2019, 06:15:28 PM »

Yes Big trouble. Like ?.. Section 107 is by far the best section. Just saying !   Grin

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
66 Chevelle

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2019, 07:46:05 PM »

obviously my comment about excluding Missouri was tongue in cheek, but I was actually surprised to see that they didn't offer any flags other than the neighborhood flags in the online store... completely understand that they may offer them in the physical store, just don't have the opportunity to pop in there that many times a year...

bluengold204

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2019, 07:53:36 PM »

obviously my comment about excluding Missouri was tongue in cheek, but I was actually surprised to see that they didn't offer any flags other than the neighborhood flags in the online store... completely understand that they may offer them in the physical store, just don't have the opportunity to pop in there that many times a year...

Yeah I found that odd too, the bombers online shop is pretty bad to be honest, doesn't help you but I always found it better to go to the physical store itself.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2019, 08:07:04 PM »

Yeah I found that odd too, the bombers online shop is pretty bad to be honest, doesn't help you but I always found it better to go to the physical store itself.

they may very well only offer high traffic items or the latest new stuff on the online store, that would be understandable... I'll just have to wait until September to pick one up...  Grin

dd

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2019, 09:08:12 PM »

Thinking outside the box always confuses those who can?t find the box in the first place!!
blue girl

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2019, 09:14:22 PM »

I live in an apartment downtown but I'll be hanging mine in the window when I get it.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2019, 09:49:20 PM »

They used to have more items on sale. Hoodies sweatpants jerseys.  Havent seen that for quite awhile. If they improved the online store they would sell more and easy way to sell.
blue_or_die

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2019, 12:30:51 AM »

I live in an apartment downtown but I'll be hanging mine in the window when I get it.

Awesome
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2019, 12:32:40 AM »

Well done bravo.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2019, 06:09:00 AM »

Was it "Glen Q" or "Peter G"?  Cheesy

Tony!  Haven't heard him before.  40:39 on the audio-vault page.  Bob asked him why he's a fan and his story was quite interesting.
Donny C

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2019, 06:01:22 PM »

Still waiting for the next run of flags when they clean up the "Pembina" whoops, and have Winkler on a propper flag.
blue_or_die

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2019, 06:27:37 PM »

Still waiting for the next run of flags when they clean up the "Pembina" whoops, and have Winkler on a propper flag.

Did you make a suggestion of what to call your region of MB? Pembina Valley? Southern MB?

From the looks of it, they won't be making a flag for every community in MB. There isn't even a Brandon or Thompson. They are getting grouped in with Westman and Northern MB.

I agree though that would probably make sense to have a dedicated flag for MB more "major" cities like Winkler-Morden, Steinbach, Selkirk, Brandon, Portage La Prairie, and Thompson.
theaardvark

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2019, 03:36:06 PM »

Do they have one for "Saskatoon"?  That would be awesome, and an ultimate troll for Labour Day...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue girl

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2019, 07:47:47 PM »

I got my DOWNTOWN one last night. I love it.
squonk

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2019, 04:31:27 PM »

Still no St. Norbert.  Sad
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2019, 05:02:13 PM »

Still no St. Norbert.  Sad

I think you can submit a request for neighbourhoods currently not included.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Donny C

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2019, 05:03:44 PM »

Did you make a suggestion of what to call your region of MB? Pembina Valley? Southern MB?

From the looks of it, they won't be making a flag for every community in MB. There isn't even a Brandon or Thompson. They are getting grouped in with Westman and Northern MB.

I agree though that would probably make sense to have a dedicated flag for MB more "major" cities like Winkler-Morden, Steinbach, Selkirk, Brandon, Portage La Prairie, and Thompson.

From page one of this topic,

"I just called the Bomber store and after much searching, they found Winkler and nearby communities on the 'Pembina' flag.

Here was the e-mail,

"Good afternoon!

I did not see my community listed so I called the Bomber store. I live in Winkler, and after some searching, they found 'Winkler' and other surrounding communities on the 'Pembina' flag.

To me, that made no sense as we do not call ourselves 'Pembina' at all. At this time, I could not buy this flag because everyone would think I was an idiot for having a "Pembina" flag. This area is at times referred to as the "Pembina Valley" but never "Pembina" for short. If you get the flag sorted out, please let me know as I'd love to buy it.

Many thanks,"
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2019, 05:25:57 PM »

"I just called the Bomber store and after much searching, they found Winkler and nearby communities on the 'Pembina' flag.

Here was the e-mail,

"Good afternoon!

Many thanks,"

My guess is they meant Pembina Valley. That would make a lot of sense.
blue_or_die

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2019, 06:17:46 PM »

Here was the e-mail,

"Good afternoon!

Many thanks,"

Yes Donny I saw that post on page 1. But, are you suggesting you want the Pembina one to be changed to "Pembina Valley", or are you wanting them to make a dedicated "Winkler" one? I was pointing out that it didn't look like the Bomber store was making a dedicated one for each community outside of Winnipeg; rather, regions in MB that encapsulate multiple communities.
squonk

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2019, 07:31:24 PM »

I think you can submit a request for neighbourhoods currently not included.

Yes, thanks. I did that as soon as I received the email - got a reply a few minutes later saying it would be forwarded to the appropriate people. Fingers crossed!
Doublezero

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2019, 08:07:29 PM »

I was going to get a Westwood one but they spelled Bedson St wrong.

Just gimme the rock.
squonk

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2019, 08:15:58 PM »

Could't figure out what you were talking about - only just now did I realize they have the street names!  Grin

(btw, I think the spelling mistake would be a reason to buy one - but that's my quirky sense of humour)
blue girl

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2019, 10:17:59 PM »

Well they didn't put Carlton on the downtown one even though the streets that they have are on it twice. But I still have it hanging in my window.
Donny C

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2019, 05:38:07 PM »

Yes Donny I saw that post on page 1. But, are you suggesting you want the Pembina one to be changed to "Pembina Valley", or are you wanting them to make a dedicated "Winkler" one? I was pointing out that it didn't look like the Bomber store was making a dedicated one for each community outside of Winnipeg; rather, regions in MB that encapsulate multiple communities.

Sorry, I misinterpreted you.

I'd like to see Winkler on a Pembina Valley flag.
CoryB

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2019, 02:38:00 PM »

"Winnipeg Central" has to be the worst of the initial flag set. I thought it was some inner city area until I looked closely at the design and saw a bunch of communities just outside the city.

Also due to the misprint issue the St James flag was not available last week. They said it was expected in store in time for this Friday's game. That might give a hint towards when those 15+ new flags are coming.
squonk

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2019, 03:47:44 PM »

"Winnipeg Central" has to be the worst of the initial flag set. I thought it was some inner city area until I looked closely at the design and saw a bunch of communities just outside the city.

lol, I hadn't noticed that - truly ridiculous. Anyone notice Lindenwood drive is on 2 flags? Hope they come through with a St. Norbert flag.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2019, 03:55:02 PM »

Also due to the misprint issue the St James flag was not available last week. They said it was expected in store in time for this Friday's game. That might give a hint towards when those 15+ new flags are coming.

Yea, that's really strange. I'm not sure how 'Winnipeg Central' is associated with Headingley, East St. Paul, Ritchot, etc.
blue_or_die

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2019, 06:26:51 PM »

Yea, that's really strange. I'm not sure how 'Winnipeg Central' is associated with Headingley, East St. Paul, Ritchot, etc.

I believe these communities would be known as the "Capital Region". More accurate but not sexy enough for a flag. Although debatably better than Winnipeg Central. lol.
blue girl

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2019, 07:20:23 PM »

I wondered what Winnipeg Central was. I thought that it might be the Central Park area north of Portage.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2019, 07:43:26 PM »

I believe these communities would be known as the "Capital Region". More accurate but not sexy enough for a flag. Although debatably better than Winnipeg Central. lol.

Yes, you're right. It's a really cool concept. I think it breaks down a bit when they try and shoehorn a larger geographic area into a non-common label that people don't identify with. It works great for the city but "Captial Region" or "Winnipeg Central" doesn't. Neither does "Pembina" really. I guess it's tough with a minimum order size for each flag and it seems like they just wanted to include everyone they could.
gobombersgo

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »

The club could have used the provincial electoral divisions. That way if there are people taking issues with the flags the Bombers could say blame the politicians.

Also we would get 57 different flags.

Marni
Global Moderator

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2019, 02:34:02 PM »

I received a beautiful flag that says Westman on it and I love it

You are what happened when I wished upon a star  Kiss
blue_or_die

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2019, 03:26:03 PM »

Not that it's a big deal but the streets on the North K flag are mostly in EK and Elmwood. lol.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2019, 03:25:39 AM »

my plans to pick up a Winnipeg flag for the home might be in jeopardy, as well as my plans on attending the Banjo Bowl again this year...

I had taken my passport to the DMV as another form of identification when I renewed my drivers license and had put it in the console of my truck... truck burns to the ground, passport burns as well... it can take 8 weeks or longer to get a replacement passport... ugh!

ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2019, 04:10:52 AM »

my plans to pick up a Winnipeg flag for the home might be in jeopardy, as well as my plans on attending the Banjo Bowl again this year...

I had taken my passport to the DMV as another form of identification when I renewed my drivers license and had put it in the console of my truck... truck burns to the ground, passport burns as well... it can take 8 weeks or longer to get a replacement passport... ugh!

Very unfortunate about your truck and your passport.  Have to checked to see if the US Passport office has an expedited service?  Here, you can pay extra bucks and get a passport withing a couple of days.

66 Chevelle

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2019, 04:20:43 AM »

Very unfortunate about your truck and your passport.  Have to checked to see if the US Passport office has an expedited service?  Here, you can pay extra bucks and get a passport withing a couple of days.

thx ModAdmin...

I'm going to look into that tomorrow as I only realized this today... I know that if you were to go to Chicago, for whatever reason, they say that you can get one on the spot... which is really frustrating as why is it possible there and not other locations?

the closest place for me to get one isn't far, but it's at a US Post Office... they don't even take your picture there... you have to go to a Walgreens store and have them take one and then the Post Office decides whether or not it's 'good enough', if not, repeat step 1 again, lol...

it just seems kind of hokey for a document as important as a passport in my opinion... but we play along or you don't get one... my last one took the entire 8 weeks to get to me too... which is crazy stupid as you can literally run a background check in a matter of minutes... plus, if you can pass a federal background check in minutes to buy a gun for god's sake, I'd think a passport should be equally as easy to approve or deny... I mean after all, I promise you I can't kill anyone with a paper book with my picture in it... lol

TecnoGenius

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2019, 09:04:08 AM »

I'm going to look into that tomorrow as I only realized this today... I know that if you were to go to Chicago, for whatever reason, they say that you can get one on the spot... which is really frustrating as why is it possible there and not other locations?

Well there's your solution... fly to Chicago, get your PP, then fly to WPG.  Chicago's a pretty big hub and there should be a fair number of direct flights to WPG.  It's not like you can get to WPG direct from your immediate area anyhow.    Grin Grin
bluengold204

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2019, 01:01:08 PM »

**** that sucks, what went wrong with your truck that made it burn to the ground?
Donny C

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2019, 02:59:19 PM »

Still hoping they get a flag that has Winkler on it since the "Pembina" flag was pulled for poor wording.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2019, 07:31:14 PM »

**** that sucks, what went wrong with your truck that made it burn to the ground?

well, it was July 3rd, we're getting ready for the 4th and I had a ton of fireworks that we had bought in the back of my truck... I went to my daughter's place and parked out front on the street at the end of their driveway and I went in and we started visiting... the plan was to off load the fireworks at their place for the next night when we were going to shoot them off... I didn't think much about it but there were people shooting off fireworks all over their neighborhood and after going in I had forgotten that our fireworks were in the back of my truck...

well, you have probably guessed it already, but yes... about an hour after I had arrived something hot landed in the back of my truck and set off the fireworks I had there and within about 20 mins it was all over, lol... my new 2019 pick up with about 10K miles was history... and it wasn't pretty... oh well, live and learn... lol...

blue_or_die

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2019, 07:43:12 PM »

WHOAH!!!

Glad no one was hurt!
Donny C

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2019, 07:53:41 PM »

BEST FIREWORK SHOW EVER!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2019, 07:56:35 PM »

WHOAH!!!

Glad no one was hurt!

I know, right?  it burned quick... we're thinking that some of the fireworks knocked out the sliding glass window (it's only about 12" wide or so) and then others made their way into the cab which at that point it was basically over... but seriously, it didn't take longer than 20 mins to do that... the fire station is only about a mile or so from there and by the time they got there it was basically putting out what little was left...

my truck was parked about 30 ft or so from their house and right in front of their garage, which the garage door was up... I'm just glad that nothing shot in there and burned down their house... I had the water hose out trying to tame it the best I could while everyone else was moving vehicles and such... it was quite the memorable 4th of July, lol...

I have good insurance but they, the claims agents, think that almost any vehicle fire is arson and attempt to get rid of a lemon and the associated payments...  so, that was quite the adventure to get all of that processed and done in order to get compensated... still lost money though...

66 Chevelle

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2019, 08:14:00 PM »

BEST FIREWORK SHOW EVER!

it was... I didn't think to claim it, but, I lost close to $1,000 in fireworks in that fire!  maybe it was for the best that I didn't ask them to pay for them, I might have been pushing my luck a bit there, lol...

I had to get reports from the fire dept, the police, copies of my original invoice for the truck, detailed listing of all the options that were on it, the extra I had added, maintenance invoices from the dealership to support my claim of low miles and proper working condition... plus give a recorded deposition for them and still had to fill out there affidavits repeating everything I had already told them in my deposition...

they try to catch you contradicting yourself or making some admission of fault so they don't have to pay out... but, when you're telling them the truth it's hard to bet tripped up! but you can't really blame them, I'm sure people try to get over on them all of the time... that, and that was a $63K truck... 

Donny C

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2019, 08:16:38 PM »

Hopefully, it all works out great! Glad that nobody was hurt!!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2019, 08:24:21 PM »

Hopefully, it all works out great! Glad that nobody was hurt!!

thanks, Donny.... it did, I actually got paid yesterday and what they offered and we settled on was fair and reasonable for both parties, I think... nobody getting hurt is the most important thing, the other stuff was material possession and can be replaced...  other than dealing with the insurance it all was pretty much business as usual...  I have a good relationship with the dealership that I buy from and they put me into something the next day, without asking...  part of that 'small town' thing that can actually be a plus at times...

BlueInCgy

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2019, 08:24:59 PM »

Glad to hear no one got hurt 66.

As far as insurance companies, yeah, no fun to deal with even when you're in the clear, because there are unfortunately those who abuse the system.  A couple of summers ago we had a wicked hail storm, everyone rushed to pull their vehicles into their garages where they could (I always park mine in the garage, it's why I have a garage), except for my neighbor, who nonchalantly pulled all three of his vehicles out of his garage and into the hailstorm, then walked in to his garage to observe the damage as he hoped it would happen.  Fortunately, or not, his vehicles were spared enough damage to make a claim, but it just goes to show you the type of people out there.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2019, 08:39:13 PM »

Glad to hear no one got hurt 66.

As far as insurance companies, yeah, no fun to deal with even when you're in the clear, because there are unfortunately those who abuse the system.  A couple of summers ago we had a wicked hail storm, everyone rushed to pull their vehicles into their garages where they could (I always park mine in the garage, it's why I have a garage), except for my neighbor, who nonchalantly pulled all three of his vehicles out of his garage and into the hailstorm, then walked in to his garage to observe the damage as he hoped it would happen.  Fortunately, or not, his vehicles were spared enough damage to make a claim, but it just goes to show you the type of people out there.

I know, I get it, there are those that are always on the look out to try and get a 'free meal'... under the heading of 'no good deed goes unpunished', I loaned my last truck to a friend to pick up some furniture, where they proceeded to not pay attention and *** end someone... didn't hurt my truck but it did so some slight damage to the other vehicle... well the owner of the vehicle is the responsible party so before I had a chance to get a hold of the other party their insurance had already contacted my insurance...

I cancelled the claim and paid for their damage out of pocket because I didn't want to be saddled with a 'at fault accident', even though I wasn't in the vehicle, and lose my accident free discount on that vehicle and the rest of vehicles I have insured with them... I've been a customer of their's for the last 40 years and have only had 3 claims total in that time, 1 deer hit, and 2 hail claims... on the hail claims I was caught away from the house and on the road and ran into a hail storm, other wise mine would have been in the garage as well...

the crazy thing about the deer hit was, I didn't hit it, it actually ran into the side of my vehicle! true story, right into the driver side door for whatever reason... odd...  scared the crap out of me as I was on a back road at night and never even seen the thing coming!

BlueInCgy

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2019, 09:06:19 PM »

the crazy thing about the deer hit was, I didn't hit it, it actually ran into the side of my vehicle! true story, right into the driver side door for whatever reason... odd...  scared the crap out of me as I was on a back road at night and never even seen the thing coming!

I had the same thing happen, but I was driving a '73 F 350 and the time, and the deer didn't even make a dent.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2019, 10:57:38 AM »

Sorry to hear about your truck, 66.  Well, look on the bright side, it wasn't your Chevelle!!

I picked up my Chazwood flag at the store last night after the game.  And got one of the free signs they were hawking too.  I was there right before stadium close and they were really trying to get rid of those signs!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: