Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2019, 09:40:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Richie Hall  (Read 3271 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »

1 TD in 3 games and there is more wrong than good? Comical.

Talent trumps all, we have alot in the right places on D. Hall is a good DC with the right personal, like any competent pro coordinator. 

Hall hasn't changed much over his time here but the talent has. Full stop. Our boys are are playing good as they should. We are pretty stacked on D.
What's comical is only looking at 3 games this year instead of the entire 4 plus years that Hall's been the DC. It's also pretty funny to blame talent for 3.5 years, when the big turn around didn't come when we got an all star MLB, it came when we added pressure to Halls bend don't break defence. Did Hall suddenly decide that's the way to go in the middle of last year or did MOS get him to change?

We're not really stacked on defence either. Our DL is stacked which allows the DB's to cover for less time and LB's to be clean to the RB. Our LB's aren't exactly all star quality, neither are most of our DB's or safety.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2019, 12:50:03 PM »

What's comical is only looking at 3 games this year instead of the entire 4 plus years that Hall's been the DC. It's also pretty funny to blame talent for 3.5 years, when the big turn around didn't come when we got an all star MLB, it came when we added pressure to Halls bend don't break defence. Did Hall suddenly decide that's the way to go in the middle of last year or did MOS get him to change?

We're not really stacked on defence either. Our DL is stacked which allows the DB's to cover for less time and LB's to be clean to the RB. Our LB's aren't exactly all star quality, neither are most of our DB's or safety.

Yeah our LBs suck.  Biggie is done!  Huh Roll Eyes
Hall and the D was deadly last year (last half of season especially).  The D carried this club last year.  Our defense is currently lights out.  Yes our dbs are not all stars but they are above average and likely to improve as we go.
 Lbs very good, front 4 tops.  Safety getting the job done at the right price.  Admitting is the 1st step.  This D is boss.  Hall has adapted yes but due to having the right personnel.  You give props but then defend the opposite lol.
The players play.  Dave Ritchie.

Football is a team game.  Our defense plays well together.  They are well coached and have a grest attitude.  Can't be all top players as there is a cap.  We have found great balance on D and our Cdn depth is decent.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:58:02 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TBURGESS

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2019, 01:16:10 PM »

Yeah our LBs suck.  Biggie is done!  Huh Roll Eyes
Hall and the D was deadly last year (last half of season especially).  The D carried this club last year.  Our defense is currently lights out.  Yes our dbs are not all stars but they are above average and likely to improve as we go.
 Lbs very good, front 4 tops.  Safety getting the job done at the right price.  Admitting is the 1st step.  This D is boss.  Hall has adapted yes but due to having the right personnel.  You give props but then defend the opposite lol.
The players play.  Dave Ritchie.

Football is a team game.  Our defense plays well together.  They are well coached and have a grest attitude.  Can't be all top players as there is a cap.  We have found great balance on D and our Cdn depth is decent.
You're reading comprehension is dismal.

I didn't say Bighill is done or that our LB's suck.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with my post. It's just you being you.

pjrocksmb

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2019, 01:19:52 PM »

You're reading comprehension is dismal.

I didn't say Bighill is done or that our LB's suck.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with my post. It's just you being you.

Nice come back.  I was razzing you about biggie.

And I quote

"Our LB's aren't exactly all star quality"

While reality is...Biggie is the best LB league has seen in a bit.

You have no facts to backup your argument.  You don't think our D is good nor Hall.  I am a strong supporter of both.  #1d

My post was in direct response to what you said.  Nice try though.

And yes I'm being me.  That's allowed.  My stance on the D has been positive for bit.  Patience paid off.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 01:23:42 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

Blue In BC

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2019, 01:47:24 PM »

And I quote

You have no facts to backup your argument.  You don't think our D is good nor Hall.  I am a strong supporter of both.  #1d

And yes I'm being me.  That's allowed.  My stance on the D has been positive for bit.  Patience paid off.

You'd get a strong case that Elimimian or Singleton were in the running for best LB the league as seen " in a bit ". If you're argument was in 2018 when Elimimian missed virtually missed the season you might have a better case.

In the 2018 WDF Singleton had 7 DT's while Bighill had 2. In the GC Singleton had 8 DT's.

Not much of an argument for 2019. Singleton not in the CFL. Elimimian and Bighill have missed time with injuries.

When Elimimian and Bighill both played in Vancouver, Elimimian was the " better " of the 2 outstanding LB's. He has to awards to prove it at the time.

That said, Singleton was a very very good LB with the added bonus of National designation.

If Bighill regains his health, he will quite likely be the best LB in 2019. The status of his hamstring is not known. It could result in more missed games and never being close to 100% in 2019.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:15:34 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2019, 02:31:16 PM »

I'm still not sold on our D only because it's been 3 games. If we were doing awful defensively or offensively then it would "only be 3 games in" so I'm not 100% convinced yet, because we are only 3 games in. Also I'm not sure how often we will be able to win games like the Edmonton one only because it unreasonable to assume we allow one offensive TD every 3 games. Similar to the year we had a million INTs. Its just so hard to sustain
TBURGESS

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2019, 02:35:52 PM »

And I quote

Bighill, while an all star LB, isn't the best the league has seen in a bit. He didn't play last week, so he had nothing to do with the great defence in at least 1 out of 3 games this year. I'd argue that he hasn't been as good so far this year as he was last year and that his current level of play (6 tackles over 2 games puts him 87th in the league in tackles) isn't exactly all star quality.

I said that it's been more bad than good during Hall's tenure and the facts back that up. We became good mid-season last year after 3.5 years of mostly bad defence. We haven't hit the 1 year anniversary of good defence yet. Hall also gets the advantage of only having to accommodate 1 NI and getting a couple of DI's on defence. That isn't the same as 'thinking that our D isn't good'.

One of your uber-positive, non-fact based theory's is turning out the way you hoped and dreamed it would. You're using that as an excuse to 'call out' the folks who didn't see it your way all along, because it wasn't true until mid last year. Basically you're using your 'positivity' as an excuse for 'negativity' towards others.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:41:59 PM by TBURGESS » Logged

BlueInCgy

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2019, 02:49:16 PM »

I'm still not sold on our D only because it's been 3 games. If we were doing awful defensively or offensively then it would "only be 3 games in" so I'm not 100% convinced yet, because we are only 3 games in. Also I'm not sure how often we will be able to win games like the Edmonton one only because it unreasonable to assume we allow one offensive TD every 3 games. Similar to the year we had a million INTs. Its just so hard to sustain

This ^^^^^^^^.

GCn19

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2019, 03:59:58 PM »

Our defence has been sustaining since game 5 of last year and the INT that you say are hard to sustain....we have led the league in TO ratio for 2 straight years now. It obviously is sustainable.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2019, 04:15:57 PM »

Our defence has been sustaining since game 5 of last year and the INT that you say are hard to sustain....we have led the league in TO ratio for 2 straight years now. It obviously is sustainable.

bingo, way more than just 3 games, this unit has an identity.  We don't give up majors.  That's all that matters.

Bighill, while an all star LB, isn't the best the league has seen in a bit. He didn't play last week, so he had nothing to do with the great defence in at least 1 out of 3 games this year. I'd argue that he hasn't been as good so far this year as he was last year and that his current level of play (6 tackles over 2 games puts him 87th in the league in tackles) isn't exactly all star quality.

I said that it's been more bad than good during Hall's tenure and the facts back that up. We became good mid-season last year after 3.5 years of mostly bad defence. We haven't hit the 1 year anniversary of good defence yet. Hall also gets the advantage of only having to accommodate 1 NI and getting a couple of DI's on defence. That isn't the same as 'thinking that our D isn't good'.

One of your uber-positive, non-fact based theory's is turning out the way you hoped and dreamed it would. You're using that as an excuse to 'call out' the folks who didn't see it your way all along, because it wasn't true until mid last year. Basically you're using your 'positivity' as an excuse for 'negativity' towards others.

We are on trend to be dominate.  Biggie #1,2,3, great debate (thanks BlueinBC).  You said all LBs were not all star calibre.  One is.  That's a fact.  DBs are not as bad and you suggest and Hall is better than you believe.  We won't agree but don't try to muddle with it's just another PJ rant.  Please stay on topic, it's not about me its about Hall and the D.  Thank you.  I have presented my argument.  Please read it all again.  It's my opinion of our defense based on each group.  More than just spin, my opinion and it's also shared by a number of people on here. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:20:31 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

TBURGESS

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2019, 04:19:02 PM »

One of out LB's was all star quality last year. The other two never have been. Better?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:23:22 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

Blue In BC

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2019, 04:40:41 PM »

One of out LB's was all star quality last year. The other two never have been. Better?

JSK was a pretty impressive WIL LB in 2018. Gaitor and Fenner did very well at SAM. For a brief time Leggett played well.  So I don't think we had any complaints about our LB's in 2018. Injuries hurt us a bit but they were very good. Wild and Wilson both got some game time as back ups and starting due to injuries.

This year it's a little more complex. Wilson is still a developing young player. He might turn out to be as good or better than JSK.

Gaitor has been very good.

Depth is an unproven question mark compared to 2018.. Temple hasn't played much. Briggs 1 game only. The global player sits on the bench essentially.

No more excuses.
TBURGESS

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2019, 04:49:02 PM »

JSK was a pretty impressive WIL LB in 2018. Gaitor and Fenner did very well at SAM. For a brief time Leggett played well.  So I don't think we had any complaints about our LB's in 2018. Injuries hurt us a bit but they were very good. Wild and Wilson both got some game time as back ups and starting due to injuries.

This year it's a little more complex. Wilson is still a developing young player. He might turn out to be as good or better than JSK.

Gaitor has been very good.

Depth is an unproven question mark compared to 2018.. Temple hasn't played much. Briggs 1 game only. The global player sits on the bench essentially.
I don't have any complaints about our LB's. I just don't see this years guys as all stars. Last week we had Briggs and Wilson starting and the defence was still great, so it's more about the guys in front of our LB's this year than the LB's themselves.

Pigskin

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2019, 05:00:58 PM »

The D changed the way they were playing late last year. MOS wanted more pressure and the D to become more aggressive. Hall had to change his game plan. It worked well late last season and is still working well this season.
kkc60

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2019, 05:08:23 PM »

Our defence wasn't good since week 5 of last year. We gave up 41 points to Ottawa in week 9. Sure we had good games and bad games but in 2 of our 3 games this year we have given up high yardage and somehow only surrendered one TD. I just am not convinced that can stick. Could I be wrong? Sure. Could I be right? Sure. Only time will tell
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: