Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:29:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Richie Hall  (Read 1499 times)
bludan

« on: July 10, 2019, 02:32:02 AM »

So, credit where credit is due, and I have turned eat Crow. I was part of the group who was not terribly impressed with Hall as late as halfway through last season. However, now it seems like everyone is calling us a defensive juggernaut. He's done a great job since halfway through last season. We only have one defensive touchdown given up this year. I'm glad they didn't give him the boot when we all wanted it. Well done Richie!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 03:56:46 AM »

So far so good this season. I pray it continues the entire year.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
RicoBeBlue

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 04:03:14 AM »

I have to admit I wasn't all that hyped about some of what was going on with the D either. I'm just an armchair, beer drinking CFL loving smuck.
Like any team it takes time to build what they have in mind. Sometimes it works, most times someone is fired. We have seen parts of a good D over the last few years and this year seems like they have (for the most part) the right pieces. Can't be easy being a coach in a nine team league with eighteen game each.
 I think we are getting big pressure with 4 on the line. Bighill and the middle have been amazing. I think they may need to tweak the corners but they haven't really hurt the team, yet. Over all Hall's game planning has been very good so far and we are 3-0. It's not only due to D but more a team effort which is even better. JM2C

Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge. Others only gargle. : Woody Allen
66 Chevelle

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 05:05:51 AM »

Hall falls under the category of 'winning fixes everything'... lose a couple of games back to back and everyone will be wanting his head on a stick again, lol... it's the nature of the beast...

but even the harshest of Hall critics has to be impressed with the our 2019 defense only allowing 1 offensive touchdown thru 3 games though...

my advice to Hall would be, just keep winning, baby!  Grin

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 05:15:17 AM »

Always had confidence in Hall... O shea is what surprised me..
DM83

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 06:13:18 AM »

The d Is showing pressure every down.
Rushing more than four most times
And playing a lot more man
And have better athletes as Defensive backs

rubanski

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 12:31:53 PM »

Who knows where the blame entirely lies, but Hall gave us 4, count em 4 seasons of crappy defensive play. I'm just not willing to admit keeping him for that long is suddenly a good decision because of three games.

I suppose things seemed better last year when MOS claimed he was getting more involved in the D.

Credit where credit is due, looking fantastic, glad he's here (this year only), and the D haven't allowed a TD in 2 games.

The BB record is 2 games.

The CFL record is 5 games by the 1963 Riders.
rubanski

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 12:40:26 PM »

Courtesy of the WPG Sun;

SLAMMING THE DOOR

Most Consecutive Games No Offensive TDs Allowed, CFL
5, Saskatchewan, 1963
4, Edmonton, 1959
3, by several teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
2, eight times: 2019, 2005, 1985, 1981, 1979, 1973, 1970, 1966

Most Consecutive Quarters No Offensive TDs Allowed, Winnipeg
13, 1966
12, 1985
10, 1979
9, three times: 2019, 1981, 1970
(courtesy CFL statistician Steve Daniel)
John T.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 12:43:33 PM »

Who knows where the blame entirely lies, but Hall gave us 4, count em 4 seasons of crappy defensive play. I'm just not willing to admit keeping him for that long is suddenly a good decision because of three games.

Actually, it was more like less-than-optimum players gave us 4, count em 4 seasons of [sometimes] crappy defensive play.

It's funny how the right players can make a coach seem like he's finally figured it out, and the wrong players can turn a genius into an idiot.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 12:43:40 PM »

Richie Hall deserves credit for sure. I was a constant doubter but the unit is playing very well this year. One thing to keep in mind is that he only has one Canadian to deal with and that has set him up to be very successful. We are getting a lot of pressure with our front four, and I suppose Walters needs to get a pat on the back for that as well. It's not as hard to call a successful defense when you don't have to blitz to get pressure.
Horseman

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 12:46:53 PM »

I am not ready to name a street after Ritchie Hall just yet. The D's success comes from the front 7, our DL especially Jefferson has been pressuring the QB's making them throw quicker which has resulted in some poor throws or missed targets. Our DB's on the other hand are a different story, teams are able to pass against our DB's as their receivers are getting open. This still falls on Hall to correct, if he does not the wheels may fall off on our D at some point. Praise to our front 7, but not impressed with our secondary. Hall is not out of the woods yet, lets see how the rest of the season goes before all is forgiven for the 4 previous horrendous years.
Norm W

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 12:55:09 PM »

I'll say it... I'm not getting on the Hall band wagon just yet.

Yes, I'll agree with the mob and say the points against look good on the Bombers right now... however the fact remains they tend to give a ton of yards. Can't count the numbers of times they have had the opposition in 2nd and long and then play 10 yards off the line giving up an easy 2nd down conversion, allowing the chains to move and drive to continue.

The "D" has benefited from their fair share of timely drops and incomplete passes, the single TD stat being touted as of late is as much the result of other teams shooting themselves in the foot as it is stellar defensive play by the Bombers. I think our pass rush has been better than in recent years, not a ton of sacks but good steady pressure. The run defence looks to be pretty solid so far but I'm not ready to give the entire unit the "lights out" handle that is being tossed around.

Not buying the bend, don't break philosophy... it's not sustainable over an 18 game season, its simply putting lipstick on a pig in front of the media. If a bend don't break defence actually exists i.e. turn it on or turn it off on command... Why not keep it turned on and actually be that shutdown defence all the time?

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
TBURGESS

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2019, 12:56:43 PM »

I'll give them their due. They've played great so far this year, but there's still a lot more bad than good with Richie Hall's defences.

Being right never gets old.
bludan

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 12:57:53 PM »

Things didn't just start getting better this year. Our defense also looked phenomenal for the last half of the season last year. I agree that our secondary is suspect, but with a cap, you can't have it all. The blitz philosophy has allowed our secondary to get by, and covering deficiencies is exactly what you want in a good day.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 01:18:43 PM »

Courtesy of the WPG Sun;

SLAMMING THE DOOR

5, Saskatchewan, 1963
4, Edmonton, 1959
3, by several teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

13, 1966
12, 1985
10, 1979

So if we shut Toronto out from the end zone, we set a new team record.  Nice.
Blue In BC

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 01:32:16 PM »

One game at a time.

The "D" has benefited from their fair share of timely drops and incomplete passes, the single TD stat being touted as of late is as much the result of other teams shooting themselves in the foot as it is stellar defensive play by the Bombers. I think our pass rush has been better than in recent years, not a ton of sacks but good steady pressure. The run defence looks to be pretty solid so far but I'm not ready to give the entire unit the "lights out" handle that is being tossed around.

Not buying the bend, don't break philosophy... it's not sustainable over an 18 game season, its simply putting lipstick on a pig in front of the media. If a bend don't break defence actually exists i.e. turn it on or turn it off on command... Why not keep it turned on and actually be that shutdown defence all the time?

It's nice to be doing well early in the season. I want to see what the end of the season brings for the Bombers.

The beginning and middle are just part of the journey to the goal.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:44:09 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
blueraid

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 01:44:26 PM »

The last line in the previous post says it all.....Show me a Cup in 2019 and I'll become a Ritchie Hall believer...till then....
bowlerdude

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 02:05:27 PM »

I've always thought it's just been a philosophy that sometimes is more effective than it is pretty. I really don't expect that to have changed much. It'd be nice if our players are better this year and it results in less yardage against but bottom line is, the philosophy probably hasn't changed and as long as they keep the points off the board, it's effective.

Regarding our secondary, though..

Our defense is as follows against the pass:
2nd in yards per pass against
3rd in completion percentage against
2nd in QB rating against
3rd in opponent 30+ yard completions against
2nd in opponent 20+ air yard completions against (20+ yards before YAC)

And we've played both Harris and Reilly while Calgary and Hamilton, the only teams with statistically similar secondaries, have played exactly one good QB between them in seven games (CGY: Davis, Reilly and Fajardo/Harker; HAM: Fajardo/Harker, Franklin/MBT, Adams x2).

Yes, it's early, and the pressure is obviously helping with that but I don't even think that pressure has been consistently there, certainly not in the first game of the season. But statistically, we have a very compelling case for having the best secondary in the league. I'd say Calgary first, but that's what the stats say.

Suggesting our secondary isn't very good feels like an overreaction to allowing 345 yards to a really good QB (and it took him 54 attempts to do it and still didn't result in a TD). Receivers get open sometimes, it's their jobs and the rules of football are heavily in their favour nowadays.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 09:43:36 PM »

I'll admit to being harsh on Hall in the past, and wanting him gone. I'm happy to say that I was wrong--I don't want to see anyone fired, I just want them to do their job. He's done a great job ever since mid way or so last year, and dare I say that when Nichols was struggling, Hall's defenses kept us in those games. One offensive TD allowed in three games--two of them against Reilly and Harris--is phenomenal.

Hall admittedly did have some sub-par players in the past. Sam Hurl comes to mind at MLB, and there were some remnants even from the Etcheverry days that he did have to deal with. Having an All Star like Bighill certainly goes a long way, and you could say that the success lies on just having better players, but with some of the explosion plays that were happening in past years, one has to wonder whether it was the DB's that weren't doing their job properly. Injuries to key players (Ian Wild; seemingly always injured) meant a lack of continuity, and some players that weren't well disciplined that took a lot of penalties didn't help.

One thing that seems to be pointing towards the effectiveness of Hall's schemes, is that we lost Loffler and replaced him with Hecht, but from what I've seen, Hecht has done a great job so far.

This squad has also done a great job of not taking excessive penalties--the other teams have taken far more penalties than us this year, and we can see how that costs a team. Also, having few two and outs and extending drives goes a long way, too--the D can be better rested and the mental acuity isn't being killed by fatigue. When Willy was here, those two and outs were killing us.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 09:48:14 PM »

One game at a time.
It's nice to be doing well early in the season. I want to see what the end of the season brings for the Bombers.

The beginning and middle are just part of the journey to the goal.

Amen! this is how I see it - let's see where things stand at the 1/2 point and toward the end of the season. Really IMHO too early to jump on the Hall bandwagon.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 09:49:27 PM »

The last line in the previous post says it all.....Show me a Cup in 2019 and I'll become a Ritchie Hall believer...till then....

True Dat! - Show me the money so to speak!
dd

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 10:19:25 PM »

Let?s keep in mind that offences take longer to get on track than defences, but that said, our D has played well, Willie Jefferson and our front 4 are for real and we played both mike really and trevor harris led offenses and have done well.

Still, nobody has ever won a grey cup in July, let?s see how we re doing come October but here?s hoping we maintain the level of play!!
buckzumhoff

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 11:53:03 PM »

I think we got the best defense. Even better than Calgary.
PloenFan

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2019, 12:12:44 AM »

Our defence has played well against fairly good teams in BC, Edmonton and Ottawa, so perhaps we're ready to take on the high-scoring Hamilton offence, as well as Calgary, where Arbuckle has looked pretty good.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2019, 01:37:04 AM »

I am not ready to name a street after Ritchie Hall just yet. The D's success comes from the front 7, our DL especially Jefferson has been pressuring the QB's making them throw quicker which has resulted in some poor throws or missed targets. Our DB's on the other hand are a different story, teams are able to pass against our DB's as their receivers are getting open. This still falls on Hall to correct, if he does not the wheels may fall off on our D at some point. Praise to our front 7, but not impressed with our secondary. Hall is not out of the woods yet, lets see how the rest of the season goes before all is forgiven for the 4 previous horrendous years.

Yeah last year our D was horrendous.... right.  Yourconsistency on the anti Hall front is well documented.
He is a good coach.  He doesn't choose the players for our secondary and his schemes are working.  Agree the front 7 is great but give Hall some credit geez.
Courtesy of the WPG Sun;

SLAMMING THE DOOR

5, Saskatchewan, 1963
4, Edmonton, 1959
3, by several teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

13, 1966
12, 1985
10, 1979
This D will break records.  It's that good.  Hall is big part of that.
So, credit where credit is due, and I have turned eat Crow. I was part of the group who was not terribly impressed with Hall as late as halfway through last season. However, now it seems like everyone is calling us a defensive juggernaut. He's done a great job since halfway through last season. We only have one defensive touchdown given up this year. I'm glad they didn't give him the boot when we all wanted it. Well done Richie!

Props for admitting that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 01:39:42 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2019, 01:38:21 AM »

I think we got the best defense. Even better than Calgary.

Best yes but Calgary's D is below average.

Dodge and Burn

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2019, 04:49:07 AM »

I'll give them their due. They've played great so far this year, but there's still a lot more bad than good with Richie Hall's defences.

1 TD in 3 games and there is more wrong than good? Comical.

Talent trumps all, we have alot in the right places on D. Hall is a good DC with the right personal, like any competent pro coordinator. 

Hall hasn't changed much over his time here but the talent has. Full stop. Our boys are are playing good as they should. We are pretty stacked on D.

It's not the violin, it's the violinist
66 Chevelle

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2019, 05:38:04 AM »

week 18 last year his defense held the Riders to a shut out, something that hadn't been done since 2006...  13 seasons...

I don't know if his scheme is hard to understand for players or what the deal is but is seemed like we had to go through so many players to finally arrive with a group that can get the job done... but at times, they still seem to give a lot of yards... but, as long as we're winning all is good..

TecnoGenius

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 08:21:51 AM »

1) I always liked and supported Hall; lost faith only once for 1 week after he lost like 5 games in a row for us; but I've consistently been Hall's greatest forum supporter and took a ton of flack a few years ago for it

2) WPG is the #1 D in CFL right now; no joke

3) Talent makes all the difference; we have the best talent hands down

4) DBs aren't weak: they are above average; watch opposing QBs closely, like T.Harris and D.Davis, in our games; when we get extreme pressure or sacks, it's because the receivers are all well covered and QB is afraid to throw; this is happening a ton lately; DBs are not the best in the CFL, but combined with the 7 they are very effective

5) I would put forth that our current D is much better than the D Hall won a GC in SSK with!  We have the right tools.  If the O gets it done, no reason Hall can't win a GC with us this year.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2019, 11:50:00 AM »

Talent trumps all, we have alot in the right places on D. Hall is a good DC with the right personal, like any competent pro coordinator. 

Hall hasn't changed much over his time here but the talent has. Full stop. Our boys are are playing good as they should. We are pretty stacked on D.

Great post.  So many on here will never come around.  They were do hard on Hall and just can't admit that he is better than they thought.  A round of humble pie would help.  Props to those that turned the corner.

Dear Mr
 Tburg.....More bad than good eh? Yeah that one Td proves change is needed!  Classic.  This D is as good as we have had in at least 10 years.  Patience pays off.
1) I always liked and supported Hall; lost faith only once for 1 week after he lost like 5 games in a row for us; but I've consistently been Hall's greatest forum supporter and took a ton of flack a few years ago for it

2) WPG is the #1 D in CFL right now; no joke

3) Talent makes all the difference; we have the best talent hands down

4) DBs aren't weak: they are above average; watch opposing QBs closely, like T.Harris and D.Davis, in our games; when we get extreme pressure or sacks, it's because the receivers are all well covered and QB is afraid to throw; this is happening a ton lately; DBs are not the best in the CFL, but combined with the 7 they are very effective

5) I would put forth that our current D is much better than the D Hall won a GC in SSK with!  We have the right tools.  If the O gets it done, no reason Hall can't win a GC with us this year.

Read the above.  Truth is spoken.  You have be patient with this team and its paid off.

#1d.  Thank you.  This team is amazing to watch.  Enjoy the ride my friends.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:56:17 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

TBURGESS

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »

What's comical is only looking at 3 games this year instead of the entire 4 plus years that Hall's been the DC. It's also pretty funny to blame talent for 3.5 years, when the big turn around didn't come when we got an all star MLB, it came when we added pressure to Halls bend don't break defence. Did Hall suddenly decide that's the way to go in the middle of last year or did MOS get him to change?

We're not really stacked on defence either. Our DL is stacked which allows the DB's to cover for less time and LB's to be clean to the RB. Our LB's aren't exactly all star quality, neither are most of our DB's or safety.

pjrocksmb

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2019, 12:50:03 PM »

What's comical is only looking at 3 games this year instead of the entire 4 plus years that Hall's been the DC. It's also pretty funny to blame talent for 3.5 years, when the big turn around didn't come when we got an all star MLB, it came when we added pressure to Halls bend don't break defence. Did Hall suddenly decide that's the way to go in the middle of last year or did MOS get him to change?

We're not really stacked on defence either. Our DL is stacked which allows the DB's to cover for less time and LB's to be clean to the RB. Our LB's aren't exactly all star quality, neither are most of our DB's or safety.

Yeah our LBs suck.  Biggie is done!  Huh Roll Eyes
Hall and the D was deadly last year (last half of season especially).  The D carried this club last year.  Our defense is currently lights out.  Yes our dbs are not all stars but they are above average and likely to improve as we go.
 Lbs very good, front 4 tops.  Safety getting the job done at the right price.  Admitting is the 1st step.  This D is boss.  Hall has adapted yes but due to having the right personnel.  You give props but then defend the opposite lol.
The players play.  Dave Ritchie.

Football is a team game.  Our defense plays well together.  They are well coached and have a grest attitude.  Can't be all top players as there is a cap.  We have found great balance on D and our Cdn depth is decent.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:58:02 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

TBURGESS

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2019, 01:16:10 PM »

Yeah our LBs suck.  Biggie is done!  Huh Roll Eyes
Hall and the D was deadly last year (last half of season especially).  The D carried this club last year.  Our defense is currently lights out.  Yes our dbs are not all stars but they are above average and likely to improve as we go.
 Lbs very good, front 4 tops.  Safety getting the job done at the right price.  Admitting is the 1st step.  This D is boss.  Hall has adapted yes but due to having the right personnel.  You give props but then defend the opposite lol.
The players play.  Dave Ritchie.

Football is a team game.  Our defense plays well together.  They are well coached and have a grest attitude.  Can't be all top players as there is a cap.  We have found great balance on D and our Cdn depth is decent.
You're reading comprehension is dismal.

I didn't say Bighill is done or that our LB's suck.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with my post. It's just you being you.

pjrocksmb

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2019, 01:19:52 PM »

You're reading comprehension is dismal.

I didn't say Bighill is done or that our LB's suck.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with my post. It's just you being you.

Nice come back.  I was razzing you about biggie.

And I quote

"Our LB's aren't exactly all star quality"

While reality is...Biggie is the best LB league has seen in a bit.

You have no facts to backup your argument.  You don't think our D is good nor Hall.  I am a strong supporter of both.  #1d

My post was in direct response to what you said.  Nice try though.

And yes I'm being me.  That's allowed.  My stance on the D has been positive for bit.  Patience paid off.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 01:23:42 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

Blue In BC

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2019, 01:47:24 PM »

And I quote

You have no facts to backup your argument.  You don't think our D is good nor Hall.  I am a strong supporter of both.  #1d

And yes I'm being me.  That's allowed.  My stance on the D has been positive for bit.  Patience paid off.

You'd get a strong case that Elimimian or Singleton were in the running for best LB the league as seen " in a bit ". If you're argument was in 2018 when Elimimian missed virtually missed the season you might have a better case.

In the 2018 WDF Singleton had 7 DT's while Bighill had 2. In the GC Singleton had 8 DT's.

Not much of an argument for 2019. Singleton not in the CFL. Elimimian and Bighill have missed time with injuries.

When Elimimian and Bighill both played in Vancouver, Elimimian was the " better " of the 2 outstanding LB's. He has to awards to prove it at the time.

That said, Singleton was a very very good LB with the added bonus of National designation.

If Bighill regains his health, he will quite likely be the best LB in 2019. The status of his hamstring is not known. It could result in more missed games and never being close to 100% in 2019.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:15:34 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2019, 02:31:16 PM »

I'm still not sold on our D only because it's been 3 games. If we were doing awful defensively or offensively then it would "only be 3 games in" so I'm not 100% convinced yet, because we are only 3 games in. Also I'm not sure how often we will be able to win games like the Edmonton one only because it unreasonable to assume we allow one offensive TD every 3 games. Similar to the year we had a million INTs. Its just so hard to sustain
TBURGESS

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2019, 02:35:52 PM »

And I quote

Bighill, while an all star LB, isn't the best the league has seen in a bit. He didn't play last week, so he had nothing to do with the great defence in at least 1 out of 3 games this year. I'd argue that he hasn't been as good so far this year as he was last year and that his current level of play (6 tackles over 2 games puts him 87th in the league in tackles) isn't exactly all star quality.

I said that it's been more bad than good during Hall's tenure and the facts back that up. We became good mid-season last year after 3.5 years of mostly bad defence. We haven't hit the 1 year anniversary of good defence yet. Hall also gets the advantage of only having to accommodate 1 NI and getting a couple of DI's on defence. That isn't the same as 'thinking that our D isn't good'.

One of your uber-positive, non-fact based theory's is turning out the way you hoped and dreamed it would. You're using that as an excuse to 'call out' the folks who didn't see it your way all along, because it wasn't true until mid last year. Basically you're using your 'positivity' as an excuse for 'negativity' towards others.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:41:59 PM by TBURGESS » Logged

BlueInCgy

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2019, 02:49:16 PM »

I'm still not sold on our D only because it's been 3 games. If we were doing awful defensively or offensively then it would "only be 3 games in" so I'm not 100% convinced yet, because we are only 3 games in. Also I'm not sure how often we will be able to win games like the Edmonton one only because it unreasonable to assume we allow one offensive TD every 3 games. Similar to the year we had a million INTs. Its just so hard to sustain

This ^^^^^^^^.

GCn18

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2019, 03:59:58 PM »

Our defence has been sustaining since game 5 of last year and the INT that you say are hard to sustain....we have led the league in TO ratio for 2 straight years now. It obviously is sustainable.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2019, 04:15:57 PM »

Our defence has been sustaining since game 5 of last year and the INT that you say are hard to sustain....we have led the league in TO ratio for 2 straight years now. It obviously is sustainable.

bingo, way more than just 3 games, this unit has an identity.  We don't give up majors.  That's all that matters.

Bighill, while an all star LB, isn't the best the league has seen in a bit. He didn't play last week, so he had nothing to do with the great defence in at least 1 out of 3 games this year. I'd argue that he hasn't been as good so far this year as he was last year and that his current level of play (6 tackles over 2 games puts him 87th in the league in tackles) isn't exactly all star quality.

I said that it's been more bad than good during Hall's tenure and the facts back that up. We became good mid-season last year after 3.5 years of mostly bad defence. We haven't hit the 1 year anniversary of good defence yet. Hall also gets the advantage of only having to accommodate 1 NI and getting a couple of DI's on defence. That isn't the same as 'thinking that our D isn't good'.

One of your uber-positive, non-fact based theory's is turning out the way you hoped and dreamed it would. You're using that as an excuse to 'call out' the folks who didn't see it your way all along, because it wasn't true until mid last year. Basically you're using your 'positivity' as an excuse for 'negativity' towards others.

We are on trend to be dominate.  Biggie #1,2,3, great debate (thanks BlueinBC).  You said all LBs were not all star calibre.  One is.  That's a fact.  DBs are not as bad and you suggest and Hall is better than you believe.  We won't agree but don't try to muddle with it's just another PJ rant.  Please stay on topic, it's not about me its about Hall and the D.  Thank you.  I have presented my argument.  Please read it all again.  It's my opinion of our defense based on each group.  More than just spin, my opinion and it's also shared by a number of people on here. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:20:31 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

TBURGESS

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2019, 04:19:02 PM »

One of out LB's was all star quality last year. The other two never have been. Better?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:23:22 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

Blue In BC

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2019, 04:40:41 PM »

One of out LB's was all star quality last year. The other two never have been. Better?

JSK was a pretty impressive WIL LB in 2018. Gaitor and Fenner did very well at SAM. For a brief time Leggett played well.  So I don't think we had any complaints about our LB's in 2018. Injuries hurt us a bit but they were very good. Wild and Wilson both got some game time as back ups and starting due to injuries.

This year it's a little more complex. Wilson is still a developing young player. He might turn out to be as good or better than JSK.

Gaitor has been very good.

Depth is an unproven question mark compared to 2018.. Temple hasn't played much. Briggs 1 game only. The global player sits on the bench essentially.

No more excuses.
TBURGESS

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2019, 04:49:02 PM »

JSK was a pretty impressive WIL LB in 2018. Gaitor and Fenner did very well at SAM. For a brief time Leggett played well.  So I don't think we had any complaints about our LB's in 2018. Injuries hurt us a bit but they were very good. Wild and Wilson both got some game time as back ups and starting due to injuries.

This year it's a little more complex. Wilson is still a developing young player. He might turn out to be as good or better than JSK.

Gaitor has been very good.

Depth is an unproven question mark compared to 2018.. Temple hasn't played much. Briggs 1 game only. The global player sits on the bench essentially.
I don't have any complaints about our LB's. I just don't see this years guys as all stars. Last week we had Briggs and Wilson starting and the defence was still great, so it's more about the guys in front of our LB's this year than the LB's themselves.

Pigskin

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2019, 05:00:58 PM »

The D changed the way they were playing late last year. MOS wanted more pressure and the D to become more aggressive. Hall had to change his game plan. It worked well late last season and is still working well this season.
kkc60

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2019, 05:08:23 PM »

Our defence wasn't good since week 5 of last year. We gave up 41 points to Ottawa in week 9. Sure we had good games and bad games but in 2 of our 3 games this year we have given up high yardage and somehow only surrendered one TD. I just am not convinced that can stick. Could I be wrong? Sure. Could I be right? Sure. Only time will tell
Blue In BC

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »

I don't have any complaints about our LB's. I just don't see this years guys as all stars. Last week we had Briggs and Wilson starting and the defence was still great, so it's more about the guys in front of our LB's this year than the LB's themselves.

I can't disagree with those thoughts at the moment. JSK had a slow start in 2018. It might be that Wilson is gaining experience etc etc. What his potential is and how soon he progresses is all a TBD.

Generally I expect a MLB to be making tackles all over the field and be one of the leaders with DT's. That isn't happening yet but teams aren't running on us either which takes away chances for DT's at the LOS or even in the back field.

So no complaints about the LB's now and we'll see how the season progresses. Teams will start to try and run eventually. Not just against us but as part of game plans. Offense start more slowly at the beginning of the season.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 05:29:28 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2019, 05:29:08 PM »

Regarding Hall:

The defense only got better when we Bighill who might be the best or 2nd best MLB in the league. Walters and O'Shea were responsible for that.

So if your defensive strategy only works if you have a Bighill or Singleton as your MLB, then there is something wrong with the strategy.

We have Bighill and I still have issues conceptually with the strategy. If it did also change in 2018 to some degree was that more on O'Shea saying he'd get involved because he was also fed up? Or was that more on the addition of Bighill?

Hard to say.It will be an on going discussion as the season progresses. Can we repeat being in top 2 for least points allowed? Can we lead in turnover ratio and points scored due to turnovers? Possibly.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 05:32:31 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2019, 05:53:09 PM »

Regarding Hall:

The defense only got better when we Bighill who might be the best or 2nd best MLB in the league. Walters and O'Shea were responsible for that.

So if your defensive strategy only works if you have a Bighill or Singleton as your MLB, then there is something wrong with the strategy.

We have Bighill and I still have issues conceptually with the strategy. If it did also change in 2018 to some degree was that more on O'Shea saying he'd get involved because he was also fed up? Or was that more on the addition of Bighill?

Hard to say.It will be an on going discussion as the season progresses. Can we repeat being in top 2 for least points allowed? Can we lead in turnover ratio and points scored due to turnovers? Possibly.
Our D was good without Biggie last week. But I don't think the RBs are a good team offensively. I agree that it's an ongoing discussion. If our D sucked 3 games in patience would be preached. I think it should be preached now because its only been 3 games. Theres no trophy for having the best team for the first 3 games
pjrocksmb

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2019, 06:14:21 PM »

Our D was good without Biggie last week. But I don't think the RBs are a good team offensively. I agree that it's an ongoing discussion. If our D sucked 3 games in patience would be preached. I think it should be preached now because its only been 3 games. Theres no trophy for having the best team for the first 3 games

More than 3 games.  Our success goes back to last year on D.

GCn18

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2019, 06:39:32 PM »

Our defence wasn't good since week 5 of last year. We gave up 41 points to Ottawa in week 9. Sure we had good games and bad games but in 2 of our 3 games this year we have given up high yardage and somehow only surrendered one TD. I just am not convinced that can stick. Could I be wrong? Sure. Could I be right? Sure. Only time will tell

There is not an offence or defence in any football league that does not have a bad game or two now and again. That's just reality and has nothing to do with sustainability. However, since game 5 of last year our defence became dominant most of the time and that has continued this year. It is simply unrealistic to think that any area of your team will play perfect football for 18 games straight..

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »

There is not an offence or defence in any football league that does not have a bad game or two now and again. That's just reality and has nothing to do with sustainability. However, since game 5 of last year our defence became dominant most of the time and that has continued this year. It is simply unrealistic to think that any area of your team will play perfect football for 18 games straight..

Agree on every level.  Great post.

Perfection is the goal but never can br achieved.  The standard to which Hall and this defense is being held to is ridiculous at times.  We have proven everything but deep playoff success.  It doesn't get much better than what we got.  While some might not like Hall or his style and play calling its proven effective.

Blue In BC

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2019, 07:33:56 PM »

Yes it was and they are partially responsible for pushing Ottawa off the field as often and as quickly resulting in our TOP if 39 minutes. Our offense is also partially responsible for staying on the field as well. Where to draw the line exactly is a chicken or egg kind of question.

Both our offense and defense were responsible for how it played out. Have to give credit to both units.

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2019, 07:43:07 PM »

Agree on every level.  Great post.

Perfection is the goal but never can br achieved.  The standard to which Hall and this defense is being held to is ridiculous at times.  We have proven everything but deep playoff success.  It doesn't get much better than what we got.  While some might not like Hall or his style and play calling its proven effective.

You can't see the forest for the trees. Bend but don't break defenses have existed for decades in the CFL. In the long run they have not proven to be the most effective strategy.

Improvements in the results come from improvement in overall talent, not strategy or in game adjustments.

We've had and have a defense that uses 11 import starters. Up until 2019 we had a DE, LB and DB as DI's on defense.

We added all star players in Bighill in 2018 and now Jefferson in 2019. Other very good free agents found with some rookies developed in the secondary. O'Shea said he took more of an interest in the defense middle of 2018.

You'd hope with all those imports there would be good results.

It's not all magic from Hall.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 07:54:57 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2019, 07:46:07 PM »

More than 3 games.  Our success goes back to last year on D.
Last years team is a different team. Who cares what we did last year? Did we win a GC? No. We have a new DE, a new Will, 2 new corners, a new safety and a new DT. Who cares about last year? There are 6 new starters on the defense this year. If we brought back or retained all our D starters from last year then maybe it would be a fair argument. But half our defense is new full-time starters on this team. Wilson, Hecht and Fenner were role players but not starters
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 07:48:25 PM by kkc60 » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2019, 07:50:02 PM »

This is a new year. I'm not saying our defence isn't good. I'm saying it's too early to say whether or not it is. Ditto the offence. Last years team was last years team. Whether we are better or worse than last year is yet to be determined, but it is promising
pjrocksmb

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2019, 07:50:53 PM »

You can't see the forest for the trees. Bend but don't break defenses have existed for decades in the CFL. In the long run they have not proven to be the most effective strategy.

Improvements in the results come from improvement in overall talent, not strategy or in game adjustments.

Proven to give up 1td 3 games. Proved worked well last year.  We are simply not bend and don't break.  That over simplifing it. 
Last years team is a different team. Who cares what we did last year? Did we win a GC? No. We have a new DE, a new Will, 2 new corners, a new safety and a new DT. Who cares about last year? There are 6 new starters on the defense this year. If we brought back or retained all our D starters from last year then maybe it would be a fair argument. But half our defense is new full-time starters on this team. Wilson, Hecht and Fenner were role players but not starters

I'm not obsessed about the GC like some.  I see this defense building something special.  Seem it building slowly.  New faces, same core.  The consistency of our core and coaches is our strength.  
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 07:52:33 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

Blue In BC

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2019, 07:57:55 PM »

Proven to give up 1td 3 games. Proved worked well last year.  We are simply not bend and don't break.  That over simplifing it. 
I'm not obsessed about the GC like some.  I see this defense building something special.  Seem it building slowly.  New faces, same core.  The consistency of our core and coaches is our strength.  

Combined those 3 teams have won 5 of 10 games. Two of those teams have no running game. Ottawa has a QB with about 4 CFL starts.

So sure the result were good so far and that may continue. It's a little early to be beating our chests.

If it doesn't result in a Grey Cup appearance who will care? Will you still be preaching patience if that's the result?

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2019, 08:01:42 PM »

I'd argue it's not the same core. Randle was our leader in the secondary, Loffler was an all-star safety and JSK was pretty good. Now to be fair there are upgrades on D and I'm not saying moving on from Randle and Loffler were bad moves.

Well I would prefer we win the GC. And again, it's not the same D. It just isn't. What happened last year is water under the bridge.
kkc60

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2019, 08:04:44 PM »

Combined those 3 teams have won 5 of 10 games. Two of those teams have no running game. Ottawa has a QB with about 4 CFL starts.

So sure the result were good so far and that may continue. It's a little early to be beating our chests.

If it doesn't result in a Grey Cup appearance who will care? Will you still be preaching patience if that's the result?
Exactly. We will know how good our D is when we know. 3 games is too soon for anything.

I agree with the GC part. Our D can allow 3 points per game, if our offense only scores 2 it doesn't matter (not saying that will happen). I'll never forget when I was in bantam and we lost 3-0 and our D coach made us run wind sprints because we allowed too many points to win. That's unreasonable but the point stands. Who cares how good anything is if it doesn't take us to the GC
Blue In BC

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2019, 08:54:08 PM »

Exactly. We will know how good our D is when we know. 3 games is too soon for anything.

I agree with the GC part. Our D can allow 3 points per game, if our offense only scores 2 it doesn't matter (not saying that will happen). I'll never forget when I was in bantam and we lost 3-0 and our D coach made us run wind sprints because we allowed too many points to win. That's unreasonable but the point stands. Who cares how good anything is if it doesn't take us to the GC

I think it was the 1960 season and the WDF was best 2 out of 3 games. The Bombers and Esks each won one of the 1st two games.

IIRC correctly game 3 was in snowy conditions and the Bombers lost game 3 and a chance to go to the Grey Cup by a score of 3 - 2 or possibly 3 - 1. In either case, yes you can have an opponent move the ball very little and / or score very little. You can still lose. Just as you can lose by a score of 60 - 59.

Details are a bit fuzzy on game 3 58 years ago but I think my comment is fairly accurate.

EDIT: I looked up the WDF's in 1960. We lost game 3 by 2 points . Combined scores for 3 games Edmonton 30 - Winnipeg 29. Those were the days of defensive battles. Loved the best 2 out of 3 games in the west. Almost laughable to think Edmonton won the last 2 games while scoring a total of 14 points. Since the Bombers lost I didn't laugh but OTOH I lived in Ottawa at the time and they won the Grey Cup. So 2nd favorite team at the time won.

Western Finals Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs Edmonton Eskimos
Game    Date    Away    Home
1    November 12    Winnipeg Blue Bombers 22    Edmonton Eskimos 16
2    November 14    Edmonton Eskimos 10    Winnipeg Blue Bombers 5
3    November 19    Edmonton Eskimos 4    Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 09:11:04 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2019, 09:01:24 PM »

I'd argue it's not the same core. Randle was our leader in the secondary, Loffler was an all-star safety and JSK was pretty good. Now to be fair there are upgrades on D and I'm not saying moving on from Randle and Loffler were bad moves.

Well I would prefer we win the GC. And again, it's not the same D. It just isn't. What happened last year is water under the bridge.

In 2018 we had Fogg, JSK B. Bryant and Sayles as new starters. Only Sayles is still with the team.

In 2019 Wilson, Richardson, Fenner, Hecht, Jefferson and Rose are new starters. It's a different team with arguably better talent overall than in 2018.

Edmonton as 27 of 46 players new to the team. As a team and on defense in particular they've gone from out of the playoffs to a very good team. Some new coaches as well.

A team can go from last to 1st in a season or vice versa.

Patience and continuity are not bad things but they are not the only thing that leads to success.

It can be expected in this era of the CFL that every team will experience many changes season to season. It's the new normal.

I think forecasters will suggest the Bombers are early favorites to make it to the Grey Cup. I agree.

Will I agree tomorrow or a week from now? Maybe. If I could predict who gets injured or for how long on each team I'd be winning lottery prizes.

Today is looking very good. That's all I know today. I expect it will still look good on Saturday after playing the Argos.

No more excuses.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2019, 10:09:46 PM »

Yes I will still say patience is key.  We have the opportunity to rival what Calgary has built with this core.  Not all about the cup for me.  I want it but also want consistency and entertaining football.  We have those things.  Calling I like I see it.  I see a great football team that has yet to be challenged.  Yup we will know by mid season.  Nothing wrong with being confident.

My ideal league has all teams with strong management, players and coaches.  I love parity and close games.  I also like tds lol

I don't want a cup, I want a dynasty.  This D and organization is getting close to that.  Been some lean years.  Looking for 10 good ones.  Couple cups is icing.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:14:14 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

66 Chevelle

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2019, 11:02:54 PM »

I think as a group here we tend to judge the defense more in a vacuum than we do the offense, or the team or league as a whole, and probably not unjustly so... in fact at times its hard not to...

it's no secret that we tend to give up a lot of yards... it's not a far leap to think that given up a lot of yards also leads to more red zone opportunities for your opponent and the law of averages say the more opportunities given the higher chance of scoring does exist...

but under the heading of "we win as a team and we lose as a team", I think it's fair to say that the defense gets viewed with a more critical eye... let's admit it, there are games that it has taken to the end of the game, coming away with a win, to actually see that the defense performed very well... it's the nature of the CFL...

after all, the CFL is billed as a pass happy, high scoring, exciting game...  so if we expand are view past an individual game and compare it also to the league as a whole, the results and expectations will probably level out, at least some...

because when you look at the 2018 season for the league as a whole, in 86 games (the reg season plus playoffs) teams scored 40 or more points 23 times, while during those same 86 games, teams scored 10 or fewer points only 13 times...

if you expand both the top and bottom ranges just a bit you find a little more balance... in 86 games, teams scored 35 or more points 30 times while teams that scored 14 or fewer points happened 26 times...

basically, teams are going to give up points in the CFL as it is hard to keep them from it... a lot of games tend to have a dominate performance by one side of the ball or other and if you judge our performance against what should be considered the norm from the league, while not perfect, we are doing a good job...

after all, our win loss record for the defense is identical to the win loss record of the offense... and the both can have a direct and immediate impact on the others performance on any given night or game...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:05:04 PM by 66 Chevelle » Logged

TecnoGenius

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2019, 07:56:57 AM »

The D changed the way they were playing late last year. MOS wanted more pressure and the D to become more aggressive. Hall had to change his game plan. It worked well late last season and is still working well this season.

This was rumoured, but as far as I remember, no one "official" every confirmed its veracity.  By "official", I mean Tait or Bob or MOS.  I think the closest we got to that was some TSN guy tweeting.  That's not good enough for me.

The rumour could have been made up by people with an agenda against Hall.  With that mindset, Hall can't win.  If the D fails, it's Hall's fault.  If the D succeeds, it's MOS's influence.  It's actually rather ridiculous.

So until it's confirmed by those who really are involved, I'd take it with a very heavy grain of salt.
kkc60

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2019, 12:46:33 PM »

Yes I will still say patience is key.  We have the opportunity to rival what Calgary has built with this core.  Not all about the cup for me.  I want it but also want consistency and entertaining football.  We have those things.  Calling I like I see it.  I see a great football team that has yet to be challenged.  Yup we will know by mid season.  Nothing wrong with being confident.

My ideal league has all teams with strong management, players and coaches.  I love parity and close games.  I also like tds lol

I don't want a cup, I want a dynasty.  This D and organization is getting close to that.  Been some lean years.  Looking for 10 good ones.  Couple cups is icing.
Patience is key. Be patient before anointing any defence or any team #1 anything. Because we are 3 games in.

Also, you do realize for it to actually be a dynasty we have to win some cups right?
Blue In BC

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »

I don't disagree with any of that.

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2019, 01:28:24 PM »

lordy. Lets start with 1 cup win first!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TBURGESS

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2019, 01:35:30 PM »

When I was down on the field in 1990 congratulating the team for their GC win, I never suspected it would be so long before feeling that elation again. Hopefully it happens again this year.

Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2019, 03:00:45 PM »

Courtesy of the WPG Sun;

SLAMMING THE DOOR

5, Saskatchewan, 1963
4, Edmonton, 1959
3, by several teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

13, 1966
12, 1985
10, 1979

These stats are broken.  How can the most consecutive quarters without a TD be 13 but games is 5?  By definition 5 games would mean 20 quarters.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2019, 03:06:08 PM »

These stats are broken.  How can the most consecutive quarters without a TD be 13 but games is 5?  By definition 5 games would mean 20 quarters.

I think you're reading it wrong.  Most games by a Bomber team without an offensive TD is 2, most quarters is thirteen.  The math works as follows (as an example)

Game 1 - TD scored in first quarter (3 quarters no TD)
Game 2 - No TD (7 quarters no TD)
Game 3 - No TD (11 quarters no TD)
Game 4 - TD scored in third quarter (13 quarters no TD)

5 games no TDs is by the Riders, not the Bombers.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2019, 03:12:19 PM »

This was rumoured, but as far as I remember, no one "official" every confirmed its veracity.  By "official", I mean Tait or Bob or MOS.  I think the closest we got to that was some TSN guy tweeting.  That's not good enough for me.

The rumour could have been made up by people with an agenda against Hall.  With that mindset, Hall can't win.  If the D fails, it's Hall's fault.  If the D succeeds, it's MOS's influence.  It's actually rather ridiculous.

So until it's confirmed by those who really are involved, I'd take it with a very heavy grain of salt.

Well said my friend.

bowlerdude

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2019, 03:49:03 PM »

The most consecutive quarters stat was for Bombers teams only
rubanski

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2019, 04:31:19 PM »

The most consecutive quarters stat was for Bombers teams only

Also, times were so tough in the fifties that could only afford to quarters per game...    Grin Grin
Norm W

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2019, 04:33:30 PM »

Just make the math a tad fuzzier... I believe the record we are discussing is "offensive" touchdowns... not P/K returns, pick 6's etc

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
dd

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2019, 04:42:37 PM »

Woah there nelly, one step at a time. Let?s work on getting our first cup first then sorry about things after that.

As others have mentioned, in today?s CFL, you can go from worst to first a heartbeat (see Toronto s recent G.C. victory) and then from first to worst in the next heartbeat?see Toronto again. Everyone wrote off the eskies when they lost Reilly and look at them, they are in the top 3 of the league where BC is bottom 3 with their high priced Qb soon to be injured via their porous O Line.

Calgary would be the closest thing to a dynasty and despite racking up umpteen records and stats, they only have 1 cup to show for their last 5 years efforts.

bomb squad

« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2019, 04:54:19 PM »

100%
Blue In BC

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2019, 05:17:47 PM »

The thing often mentioned about Calgary is their system. We've marveled at how they could lose players to injury every season and just plug and play with the new guy with no downturn.

Of course they find quality players as well but coaching has been their biggest strong point.

If a team finds a way to sign the best players at each position it would be expected for them to do well.

That's just not the reality in the CFL. No team has the option or SMS to sign the best players for the most money.

You need the best combination each season ( massive roster movement each year is the new norm ). Behind that combination of players you need good coaching / systems.

A good system with less than perfect players can work. A bad system with better players might not work.

Finding the trade off and getting the best out of the players you have is the magic formula.

No more excuses.
blue_or_die

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2019, 06:09:12 PM »

Woah there nelly, one step at a time. Let?s work on getting our first cup first then sorry about things after that.

As others have mentioned, in today?s CFL, you can go from worst to first a heartbeat (see Toronto s recent G.C. victory) and then from first to worst in the next heartbeat?see Toronto again. Everyone wrote off the eskies when they lost Reilly and look at them, they are in the top 3 of the league where BC is bottom 3 with their high priced Qb soon to be injured via their porous O Line.

Calgary would be the closest thing to a dynasty and despite racking up umpteen records and stats, they only have 1 cup to show for their last 5 years efforts.

To be fair, 2 cups in 5 years ('14 and '18)
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: