Blue Bombers Forum
July 24, 2019, 12:17:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tuesday?s practice??  (Read 1101 times)
thunderNlightning

« on: July 10, 2019, 02:02:56 AM »

Was there any updates on today?s practice?
Was Biggie still watching or practicing?
bludan

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 02:26:04 AM »

On cjob they said he sat again.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 03:19:27 AM »

On cjob they said he sat again.

Doesn?t sound promising for Friday then.
RicoBeBlue

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 03:41:00 AM »

As Coach Osh has been known to be vague with media, he did say in the latest article on the Bombers app that Bighill didn't need to practice to play on Friday. Take that for what it is. He did say Mathews would be out for at least a week.

Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge. Others only gargle. : Woody Allen
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 03:53:00 AM »

As Coach Osh has been known to be vague with media, he did say in the latest article on the Bombers app that Bighill didn't need to practice to play on Friday. Take that for what it is. He did say Mathews would be out for at least a week.
watch Biggie and Nicky out and Mathews in. Ugh the shame!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
DM83

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 06:28:05 AM »

Huh?
Bighill probably won't play
Who is Nicky?
Matthews is saving himself for the playoffs

What was the name of the guy we got from Edmonton last yr, who was a former Bomber? Ended up in Montreal?  Matthews is turning into him.

Must have the "want to"
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 07:04:13 AM »

Huh?
Bighill probably won't play
Who is Nicky?
Matthews is saving himself for the playoffs

What was the name of the guy we got from Edmonton last yr, who was a former Bomber? Ended up in Montreal?  Matthews is turning into him.

Must have the "want to"

I'll help with the Gold-speak: Nicky is Matty Ice.

The EDM dude was A.Bowman (assuming you weren't joking, if you were, I apologize!).

Watch the CM "live mic" on the bluebomber site.  Something seems a bit off with Matthews.  It's the same "disinterest" I saw with him in CGY.  Like "meh I'm just here for the money".  He's acting all hyped up and making all the right noises, but it just seems off somehow.  And the other players aren't responding to it, either.

Now... this may not be CM's fault.  He's plunked into a brand new team, and not just a normal team, but a tight-knit, long-term group of guys.  So he's the "outsider".  There could be some resentment at his massive pay (higher than all but Harris?).  Heck, CM might even be "shy", hard as that would be to believe for his stature.  The guys may not be totally accepting of him until he has more time to fit in, and starts making some huge game-defining plays.

So which is it?  I'll remain optimistic that he just needs time, and that his attitude is better than it appears to be.  However, he'll need to start producing more yards (even if ramping slowly) or he may get Adariused by midseason.

Putting aside attitude, perhaps the bigger worry is he's Dressler redux: always hurt.  I think this is his 3rd injury (however minor) since TC?  Ugh.  Hopefully he got the injury monkey off his back with this latest finger fiasco.  Dude spending all year on IR isn't going to do us any good, nor help his quest to gel with our regulars.
bigbuff33

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 12:49:29 PM »

Not being critical...but he has been a disappointment...expected a lot from him...
As Labor Day approaches...if a receiver like Lolar is showing something...we may have to consider all the $ we're paying CM
Here's hoping he gets it together....with him at his best...it opens up so much for the other four receivers
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »

My guess is that Mathews was never close to 100% healthy.  He looked slow to me (not just his size making it look that way).  I would play Lawler for the next 4 games and get a really good look at him and see if he is the real deal.
DM83

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 02:32:38 PM »

Thanks Techno!
Bowman is the name.
I also dislike the aura Matthews puts off with these two injuries......three healthy days in early training camp, is my recollection of his good days. Then on the club he's been in the tub, the rest.

Lawlor played well the first game.  That position needs to threaten the secondary, to open up the rest of the guys.  Man I would love we swing a trade for Green or the other star receiver in Toronto, Walker, is that the guy

Maybe Bowman...er I mean Matthews is legit, I mean not catching passes can really screw those fingers up. Lol!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:38:24 PM by DM83 » Logged
TheHypnotoad

TOAD KNOWS

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 03:37:47 PM »

Thanks Techno!
Bowman is the name.
I also dislike the aura Matthews puts off with these two injuries......three healthy days in early training camp, is my recollection of his good days. Then on the club he's been in the tub, the rest.

Lawlor played well the first game.  That position needs to threaten the secondary, to open up the rest of the guys.  Man I would love we swing a trade for Green or the other star receiver in Toronto, Walker, is that the guy

Maybe Bowman...er I mean Matthews is legit, I mean not catching passes can really screw those fingers up. Lol!

Ya what kinda loser gets injured playing football... gimme a break LOL~!

TOAD KNOWS
Blue In BC

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 03:38:35 PM »

Thanks Techno!
Bowman is the name.

IIRC Walker is the highest paid receiver in the league. I'm not opposed to getting him but think there is no chance that happens.

We probably don't have that level of SMS available. Why would TO trade him and what would we have to give up?

Not going to happen unfortunately.

No more excuses.
DM83

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2019, 03:53:56 PM »

I guess the point is, If Matthews is always injured via non -contact what use is he?
Secondly, replace him. There are a couple guys out there.  All you have to do is make it happen.
I don't particularly like disagreements on players that quote we can't get him because of the salary cap.
General managers are paid to deal with that and make appropriate moves to free up space.  If not as Grey Cup champs we lose the 9th pick,in the draft....as Grey Cup champs.

That bottom line is winners make it happen. Example Kawaii Leonard in Toronto. One year rental makes a diff.

Certainly not ready to give up on Matthews, but I expect some leadership and toughness....ok maybe a catch or two per game.
blueraid

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 04:18:10 PM »

Matthews looked great in Cal. last year....Went up for some real tough catches as I recall.....the only thing I've seen him do for us this year is get into the tub......We're paying him some real good coin....if he can't stay healthy then maybe it's time for a switch....Very disappointing so far...
Blue In BC

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 04:24:50 PM »

I guess the point is, If Matthews is always injured via non -contact what use is he?
Secondly, replace him. There are a couple guys out there.  All you have to do is make it happen.
I don't particularly like disagreements on players that quote we can't get him because of the salary cap.
General managers are paid to deal with that and make appropriate moves to free up space.  If not as Grey Cup champs we lose the 9th pick,in the draft....as Grey Cup champs.

That bottom line is winners make it happen. Example Kawaii Leonard in Toronto. One year rental makes a diff.

Certainly not ready to give up on Matthews, but I expect some leadership and toughness....ok maybe a catch or two per game.

He got injured when he was tackled. It's not likely he injured his hand opening a beer on the sideline. Players get injured in TC and pre -season. It's not a new thing.

It's a little early to consider him as constantly injured or the 2019 version of " Bowman ". Still have high hopes he comes through during the season.

He may have also got a big signing bonus.

No more excuses.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: