Blue Bombers Forum
July 24, 2019, 12:20:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Medlock Punt  (Read 1362 times)
BlueInCgy

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2019, 02:43:44 PM »

This thread makes me think the term "football" is entirely ironic, as kicking the ball is a penalty in all but three situations.
blue_or_die

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2019, 02:52:28 PM »

This thread makes me think the term "football" is entirely ironic, as kicking the ball is a penalty in all but three situations.

I was thinking the same thing  Cheesy
TecnoGenius

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2019, 05:55:21 AM »

Agh, don't get that started, as other places I read sometimes have "it should be called handball" comments  Roll Eyes Wink Roll Eyes Tongue

And the fact it's not even a "ball" (i.e. round).

One of those things we'll just have to accept... kind of like the rouge!  Maybe naming any sport after a body part is a bad idea.  Like whoever names it first gets dibbs on it?  After all, there already is a "handball" and it's nothing like football!

Maybe "Gridball" would have been a better choice?
DM83

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2019, 06:02:51 AM »

Stats junkie excellent clarification.  That's what I saw happen.  Your key point that I forgot to mention was the deliberate  kicking motion.  I agree Medlock looked like he was trying to stick his leg in there. Imt was unclear he did or did not touch it.  I do also could also believe thatnitnapoearedmthe ball was knocked off Medlock's. leg and went out of bounds..

I am sure we have this right!
jeremy q public

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2019, 04:00:22 PM »

Stats junkie excellent clarification.  That's what I saw happen.  Your key point that I forgot to mention was the deliberate  kicking motion.  I agree Medlock looked like he was trying to stick his leg in there. Imt was unclear he did or did not touch it.  I do also could also believe thatnitnapoearedmthe ball was knocked off Medlock's. leg and went out of bounds..

I am sure we have this right!

This is confusing. Do you still believe the bombers should not have gotten the ball? Cause if so you?re disagreeing with Stats Junkie, not agreeing, even though you seem to be agreeing with him.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2019, 10:29:39 AM »

This is confusing. Do you still believe the bombers should not have gotten the ball? Cause if so you?re disagreeing with Stats Junkie, not agreeing, even though you seem to be agreeing with him.

DM83's auto-correct is always on the fritz.  I'm pretty sure in this case we are, for once, all in complete agreement.  That was WPG ball, and deservedly so.

That play makes top-50 plays of the year or I'll be steamin' mad!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: