Blue Bombers Forum
September 20, 2019, 12:39:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: How much playing to does Strev get today?
None - 5 (17.2%)
Couple series - 9 (31%)
5 mins - 5 (17.2%)
Quarter - 7 (24.1%)
Half - 3 (10.3%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much playing to does Strev get today?  (Read 875 times)
TheHypnotoad

[deleted]

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 08:21:23 PM »

Whom ever said Streveler is like Tim Tebow is mistaken! Yes they both like running over guys but Streveler has at least some better throwing mechanic. Tebow was far worse throwing in my opinion. Tebow could not complete a 10 slant if his life depended on it.

Plus I don't see the kid's "Strevelering" in photos like they used to "Tebow" LOL!. Tebow was  clown with the worsh throwing mechanics ive ever seen

[deleted]
BigBlueCrew

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 08:26:02 PM »

Plus I don't see the kid's "Strevelering" in photos like they used to "Tebow" LOL!. Tebow was  clown with the worsh throwing mechanics ive ever seen

Tebow did it to the Steelers in a Playoff overtime game that resulted in an 80 yard TD lol
Pigskin

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 08:36:52 PM »

I heard Max Poulin was giving Matt some sliding lessons this week. He should have no problem sliding tonight. Str17. will do his usual. I would hate to see him come in at some point in the 4th quarter and just hand off the ball because we are up by a few TD's and MOS doesn't want to run up the score. That does nothing for a young QB.
Dodge and Burn

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 10:04:03 PM »

Whom ever said Streveler is like Tim Tebow is mistaken! Yes they both like running over guys but Streveler has at least some better throwing mechanic. Tebow was far worse throwing in my opinion. Tebow could not complete a 10 slant if his life depended on it.

Not a glowing endorsement really, Tebow had horrid form.

Strev throws off his back foot waaayyy to much. I love him, but that will be a big hurdle for him making the next step

It's not the violin, it's the violinist
dd

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2019, 03:46:26 AM »

Strevs mechanics and form are horrible as well and the pick he threw tonight was a result of it. He?s a great running/option Ab but I m thinking that?s where his skill set ends. Teams are going to catch on/surprised they haven?t, I d take the edge away and force him to throw. That?s what nfl teams did to Reno?s and he was done after that. And ya, tebow and Strev have the same body type and brutal mechanics. Still I like what Strev brings to our table. He is a very effective, punishing runner.
DM83

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2019, 03:53:55 AM »

Tebow would come up here and be a star. He played decently in the NFL.
His so called throwing " mechanics" are not classic NFL, but neither are manymofmthe other "stars" in the CFL.

Also for your info, the latest mantra on throwing is that if a guy is at the college level or beyond and successful, you don't mess with his form.  The same applies to receivers who are body catchers

As long as the job gets done.
theaardvark

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 03:20:11 PM »

You have to wonder about guys who refuse to let go of the QB spot, and would rather be out of football, versus guys who make the shift (Sinopoli, Marshall) and become exceptional position players.  Growing up, the best, biggest, fastest athletes tend to be put into the QB spot by coaches early on, heck, I wsa put in at QB on my midget team because I was the only holdover from the previous year.  I was no QB, let me tell you. 

And then the prestige sticks.  Those players get to be showtime in HS, maybe even in College, and they get accustomed to adoration. 

I have no issue with guys like Teebow who decide to retire as a QB rather than play as a TE, DE or FB... it just seems a waste to me.  Watching Sinopoli play makes you happy he decided to take that  route...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 03:29:07 PM »

Strevs mechanics and form are horrible as well and the pick he threw tonight was a result of it. He?s a great running/option Ab but I m thinking that?s where his skill set ends. Teams are going to catch on/surprised they haven?t, I d take the edge away and force him to throw. That?s what nfl teams did to Reno?s and he was done after that. And ya, tebow and Strev have the same body type and brutal mechanics. Still I like what Strev brings to our table. He is a very effective, punishing runner.

That last TD run Strev. made late in the game was unbelievable, it was as if no one on the Argo D even bothered to try and stop him, never seen such poor resistance.
dd

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 06:30:26 PM »

It shows how stupid the Argos are. The read option is strev s bread and butter play and for some reason the Argos were biting had on the handoff to Harris, which of course frees the run to the outside for strev. Their DE should force strev to hand the ball off, and the mlb make the play on Harris. Their DE was terrible in containment and once strev gets outside, it?s all over.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: