Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:29:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Miller Named CFL Top Performer Week 4  (Read 553 times)
BlueInCgy

« on: July 09, 2019, 03:54:44 PM »

Congrats to Mike, deserving after the game he had.

Can't remember the last time a cover team guy was named a top performed.  I'm guessing if it has happened in recent history, it would have been Arakgi.
blue_or_die

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 03:56:19 PM »

Totally deserved! I was reading an article in a Sask newspaper on the CFL and in the bottom notes there was a random shout-out to Mike Miller, so he got the attention of the entire league with his performance. Outstanding work.
blueraid

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 03:57:43 PM »

The guy is a FORCE.....Well deserved..I only wish he would have set the record....
66 Chevelle

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 05:09:59 PM »

he was getting the job done last week... he had something like 4 special team tackles in a row...  somebody ought to lend that boy a hand, lol...  but seriously, there's a lot of hustle in that boy...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
bunker

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 05:13:59 PM »

Congratulations Mike, well deserved.
RicoBeBlue

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 05:33:00 PM »

he was getting the job done last week... he had something like 4 special team tackles in a row...  somebody ought to lend that boy a hand, lol...  but seriously, there's a lot of hustle in that boy...

Sounds like it was a team effort if you go by what he was saying in today's, "Need To Know" / July 8. It's on the Bomber app and guessing on the website. Here's the quote...

?This game, the returners just fell into my lap a lot of times,? said Miller. ?We had a lot of guys doing some real good things on kickoff. I mean, Nick Hallett was taking two guys in the wedge all day and just freeing me up. DJ Lalama did the same thing when he stepped into that position. A lot of guys were taking on two guys and it just happened the returner came my way and I had to make the tackles.?

Osh is one proud papa.

Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge. Others only gargle. : Woody Allen
Foxhound

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 06:16:31 PM »

Yay! A defensive player gets the award!

Cool

Radically Canadian!

blue_or_die

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 06:37:37 PM »

Yay! A defensive player gets the award!

Cool

Huh

An offensive, defensive, and ST player got top performers honours...
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 06:42:04 PM »

Congrats to Mike, deserving after the game he had.

Can't remember the last time a cover team guy was named a top performed.  I'm guessing if it has happened in recent history, it would have been Arakgi.
Nor can I!

Well deserved!

Awesome stuff to recognize a warrior like that.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 06:47:07 PM »

Huh

An offensive, defensive, and ST player got top performers honours...
ok so he got top STer. Gotcha

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 06:47:50 PM »

and don't forget about his 14 yard reception he had as well!

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 07:50:42 PM »

Bbbbbbbeast
#1st

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue girl

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 08:22:47 PM »

It's great to a ST player other than a kicker or returner recognized.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 05:07:50 AM »

and don't forget about his 14 yard reception he had as well!

And he had a great diving catch last year as well.  Totally fine of seeing more of him on trick O plays.  Makes us not miss Normand as much.

Great move by the CFL to name a STer at the TP.  That's really cool.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 05:15:55 AM »

He's always solid.. way to go Mike!!!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 01:15:16 PM »

Mike Miller Named Shaw CFL Top Performer for Week 4

WINNIPEG, MB., July 9, 2019 - The Canadian Football League announced Tuesday that fullback Mike Miller has been named a Shaw CFL Top Performer for his showing in last week's win against the Ottawa REDBLACKS.

Miller tied a CFL record with seven special teams tackles Friday night in the capital, bringing his season total in three games played to eight. In 2018, Miller recorded 22 special teams tackles, second only to Chandler Fenner's 24.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:30:53 AM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
BigBomberFan

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 09:45:21 PM »

Nice! I was rooting for him to get the record.
theaardvark

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 03:01:27 PM »

Exhume got 5 tackles game one, Miller gets 7... do our ST's emphsize one guy to make tackles?  I get gunners and contain, etc, but is there a designated "get 'em" guy, or is it just happenstance?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 04:03:52 PM »

Exhume got 5 tackles game one, Miller gets 7... do our ST's emphsize one guy to make tackles?  I get gunners and contain, etc, but is there a designated "get 'em" guy, or is it just happenstance?

Interesting question. Miller is getting closer to all time most ST's. Wade Miller was our guy in the day. So I suppose yes there is a designated " go get em " guy on every team.

Each player has a specific role but game speed is dynamic. Opponents might focus blocking on the " get em guy ". Teams will adjust to things like that with an option 1A and 1B as game develops.

If it wasn't for us playing Toronto this week I would thought any opposition coach would be game planing on 11 players assigned to block Miller. lol Smiley

No more excuses.
blue_or_die

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 04:36:35 PM »

Interesting question. Miller is getting closer to all time most ST's. Wade Miller was our guy in the day. So I suppose yes there is a designated " go get em " guy on every team.

Each player has a specific role but game speed is dynamic. Opponents might focus blocking on the " get em guy ". Teams will adjust to things like that with an option 1A and 1B as game develops.

If it wasn't for us playing Toronto this week I would thought any opposition coach would be game planing on 11 players assigned to block Miller. lol Smiley

The answer to this question is the "get 'em" guy always has to be named Miller.
Pigskin

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 04:49:29 PM »

Miller does a lot more then just make tackles. He caught one pass for 14 yards, and comes in to add extra blocking. I would like to the bombers us him a little more on the O.
kkc60

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 05:14:28 PM »

Miller does a lot more then just make tackles. He caught one pass for 14 yards, and comes in to add extra blocking. I would like to the bombers us him a little more on the O.
Nah. He is nice once in awhile but I don't think he needs a bigger role on O. A couple catches a year is fine but too much more and we might see drops. If we wanna use a fullback as more than just a blocker I'd bring an actual fullback in
TecnoGenius

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 06:05:23 AM »

A lot is luck.  However, there are specific roles.  Maybe someone can correct me, but I think the 1st wave are gunners (2) meant to define the initial lanes and take a diving tackle shot if they think they can or the guy is trying to break contain.

It's the 2nd wave that is meant to make the bulk of the tackles.  I believe Miller is one of those guys?  Surely he's no later than 3rd wave.  I bet Miller plays wherever Arakgi used to play on BC.

No doubting that Miller has a ton of hustle and a nose for the ball.  Love to see him keep it up, and if he makes down conversion RECs on O, put him in as much as you want!!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: