Blue Bombers Forum
July 24, 2019, 12:21:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Word to the Wise  (Read 970 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: July 09, 2019, 04:10:20 AM »

Lately, we have run into a rash of posts that are insulting, attacking and inflaming directed toward members, players and coaches.

Sadly, these posts recur even though the Code of Conduct is clear about that type of posting.  It is not allowed.

Although we regularly mention that posts violating the Code of Conduct rules will not be tolerated, we continue to see posts that slag other members, players and coaches.

In future, we will issue one warning only to people, especially since the Code of Conduct is clear on the rules and published in each forum.  Going forward, after one warning, we will simply suspend or outright ban people, who think it is okay to attack and insult and ignore the rules here, without further warning.

There is a link in every post to report rule infractions to the Moderators who take action to edit or remove offensive posts.  That is the correct way to deal with these issues.  You also can PM me with any concerns you have with improper posts or other members.

Let's have and continue to enjoy good discussion here.  It should be a good year of football for the Bombers.  Thanks to all for your cooperation.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Donny C

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 03:45:23 PM »

Can we insult and demean ourselves?

On the Fantasy thread I said, "I suck at this!"
Marni
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 04:20:26 PM »

Please PM me too if you?re having issues!

You are what happened when I wished upon a star  Kiss
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 05:03:58 PM »

You are too hard on yourself Donny!  Wink Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:16:25 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
66 Chevelle

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 05:07:43 PM »

how to you interpret the "I quote you but don't type a comment" response? will that be viewed as a positive or a negative comment?

lol, just fun-ing you...  Cheesy

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 05:24:29 PM »

no worries! I have been posting over on Riderfans.com for years even though they know I am a Bomber Fan - and have not been banned yet. Guess I know how to play nice! Smiley
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 06:44:17 PM »

no worries! I have been posting over on Riderfans.com for years even though they know I am a Bomber Fan - and have not been banned yet. Guess I know how to play nice! Smiley

Do not know if I am guilty again but sorry if I was.  Cheesy

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
BlueInCgy

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 07:01:33 PM »

Thanks for restating this.

I think, by and large, most discussions on this board maintain a fairly high level of class and respect.  There aren't endless 500+ post threads which digress into "You're stupid", "No, you're stupid" as can be witnessed on other, unnamed CFL boards which rack up 500+ post threads.  Of all the forums I am a member of (this is the only CFL one, as I don't feel the need to troll Riderfans, which is what I would likely do, and joining the Horsemen forum is somewhat defeatist, as there are only a dozen or so regular posters there, and I think 3 are Winnipeggers (transplant or otherwise)), this is probably the second best one when it comes to conduct.

Maudie fingerjammer

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 07:32:47 PM »

Thank you mod, the forum is extremely informative but it seems half the posts are from individuals with grudges against other posters who all seem to question the football managerial skills of each other. Don?t worry be happy, it?s going to be a great season, let?s all go along for the ride together!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 07:49:37 PM »

Good reminder.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
jeremy q public

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 09:17:24 PM »

I like this. While this forum is probably better than most, the amount of personal bickering still discourages me from reading many threads.

You are probably planning on doing this, but since many people may not see this thread (and probably haven't read the code of conduct), just make sure the warning is clear about the consequences of a repeat of the behaviour.

Are you able to ban by IP? Banning by username will help the behaviour of many of us, but the real trolls don't care.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 09:56:20 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to run this forum! I think my biggest pet peeve recently has been when people express reasonable criticism of the team, management, coaching staff, or even just a different opinion,  they are often jumped on by the ?all positive all the time always right? posters. Constantly bringing up past comments and I told you so?s has made some threads unreadable because of that. For example, our most recent game day thread... I would say that the VAST majority of posters can accept another point of view, but for those who can?t it becomes super annoying and the main reason why I don?t post very often anymore.

So again, thank you mods for trying to bring/keep this forum as a good place for football and other discussion!
3rdand1.5

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 10:27:01 PM »

lol Cool
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:32:51 PM by 3rdand1.5 » Logged
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 10:42:03 PM »

admitting is the 1st step, maybe we can start a support group on here? 1st meeting this week over chips and dip?

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Jesse

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 12:31:40 AM »

I think getting out the banhammer a little bit quicker than we have been can only be a good thing.

My wife is amazing!
Donny C

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 12:42:37 AM »

You are too hard on yourself Donny!  Wink Cheesy

Man! Now I feel like an idiot. I am so stupid. (Still following the rules).
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 12:47:28 AM »

admitting is the 1st step, maybe we can start a support group on here? 1st meeting this week over chips and dip?
pass

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
BigBomberFan

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 09:54:16 PM »

And this is with us winning--can you imagine how bad it would be if we were losing?  Wink
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 10:11:32 PM »

And this is with us winning--can you imagine how bad it would be if we were losing?  Wink

Or if Nasty Nate were posting over here! And Lyle Bauer were still the GM!
theaardvark

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 02:57:54 PM »

Or, can we agree with people demeaning themselves? 

If Donny says "I suck at this", and someone says "Donny sucks at this" in agreement, is that against COC?

Wink

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: