Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:32:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-game thread Argos at Blue Bombers  (Read 1665 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2019, 01:43:33 PM »

They scored 14, 7 and 17, so the average is actually 12.6 points I believe.

well, I've learned 2 things this week, the first being I evidently am unaware of how many preseason games are played, both now and in the past, and secondly, I am apparently not smart enough to figure out stat tables on the official CFL web site... I still am seeing their average as 9.3, but I am smart enough to know that 38 divided by 3 is 12.6... so I give up, lol...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Stretch

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2019, 02:17:12 PM »

well, I've learned 2 things this week, the first being I evidently am unaware of how many preseason games are played, both now and in the past, and secondly, I am apparently not smart enough to figure out stat tables on the official CFL web site... I still am seeing their average as 9.3, but I am smart enough to know that 38 divided by 3 is 12.6... so I give up, lol...

You're forgetting to convert the points to Canadian.  Wink

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2019, 02:23:23 PM »

You're forgetting to convert the points to Canadian.  Wink

aahhhh! you're right, that's where I went wrong! thx!  Grin

DM83

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2019, 03:44:19 PM »

Yeah I would be interested in Lankford as a kick return guy.  That's all.  Depending on injuries, and later in the season to give our current return guys a break,,is why I would covet him.

Regarding Ian Wild, again as we see a number of our LBs injured he would be a great replacement.  But he too got injured.  In the right position, i think he would still be a contributor. Now would he want that role? 

Again, to clarify, these guys in my eyes would be depth guys.  Currently we have starters who are better.  But our starters, are,also missing time because of injuries.  Just saying that in the future their presence could assist us in winning the Cup.  Not a requirement, but insurance. Smiley
Blue In BC

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2019, 03:57:26 PM »

No way we want either Lankford or Wild back. In any case Wild is still on the Argo roster and not available unless I missed him being released after their game.

No more excuses.
GCn18

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2019, 04:07:29 PM »

You were probably thinking they played 4 games.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2019, 05:05:37 PM »

You were probably thinking they played 4 games.

what it was is I knew that preseason was 3 weeks long... then, I'm like but we only play 2 games... not taking in consideration that due to the odd number of teams in the league you have to have 3 weeks in order to allow all teams to play 2 games... but in my head, I ended up converting the 3 WEEKS to 3 GAMES, then realizing we only played 2 games, it made my feeble hamster wheel to math, and we all know math is hard, and came to the conclusion that the 3 in my head actually stood for games, so we have had to shorten preseason if we are only playing 2 games currently, lol...

need to start going to bed earlier, that could help, lol...

pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2019, 07:51:51 PM »

No way we want either Lankford or Wild back. In any case Wild is still on the Argo roster and not available unless I missed him being released after their game.

Agree
Hard Pass

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
olwpgjet

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2019, 02:16:24 AM »

Montreal just beat Hamilton ( who would have predicted that) and it is the Crazy Football League. Anybody can beat anybody on a given night. Probably be a stinker game coming sometime this year, hopefully not this week against Toronto.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2019, 02:25:20 AM »

actually that happened a few days ago... like last Thursday...

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2019, 04:03:05 AM »

Yeah I would be interested in Lankford as a kick return guy.  That's all.  Depending on injuries, and later in the season to give our current return guys a break,,is why I would covet him.

Regarding Ian Wild, again as we see a number of our LBs injured he would be a great replacement.  But he too got injured.  In the right position, i think he would still be a contributor. Now would he want that role? 

Again, to clarify, these guys in my eyes would be depth guys.  Currently we have starters who are better.  But our starters, are,also missing time because of injuries.  Just saying that in the future their presence could assist us in winning the Cup.  Not a requirement, but insurance. Smiley
Hard pass on Lankford. Dudes had more than his share chances to prove a cfl player and has failed.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
3rdand1.5

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2019, 10:13:12 AM »

While we should win, we are the better team and home, T.O or any team can not be taken for granted. They actually have some pretty good talent, particularly on offence. One week that offence will click, it has too much talent to not at least have a couple big games. Let's just hope that it is not this week.

I believe that just like most games win the lines and win this game. Wilder can run, shut him down take him out of the game early and force T.O to go 1 dimensional against us and force MBT into hurried throws. We have done great at this so far this year. Our o-line needs to keep AH running so they can't pin their ears and blitz Matty all night. Let Wild get another double digit in tackles on AH 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage.
olwpgjet

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2019, 12:07:31 PM »

actually that happened a few days ago... like last Thursday...
Really , lol. That is really value added. lol. Ok, just the last game that Montreal and Hamilton were playing and yes, it was the early game of the week on Thursday.
Pigskin

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2019, 05:42:23 PM »

Looks like a great night for football. 23 and sunny for the kickoff.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: