Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2019, 09:35:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-game thread Argos at Blue Bombers  (Read 2966 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2019, 04:27:57 AM »

I'm going bold and say that our D gets it done again and pitches another TD shut out... 40 something - 6, Bombers win...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2019, 06:53:11 AM »

Kenny Lawler in for Chris Matthews today.Marcus Rios is also down, so with him and Gaitor out today, it's Chris Humes at dimeback. #Bombers

WTH happened to Rios?  I didn't see/hear anything about Rios until now.  Biggie still out (last official word I think?), Briggs likely concussed... starting to look thin at LB, a position we were already hurting at.  I'm even more thankful now that Wilson looks like Da Man.

I see Jefferson dominating again like he did in Ottawa. Ya see that smoke, man!!! Come to winnipeg, come to winnipeg man!! Awesome shout out!! The guys awesome and mbt will be crucified in this one. Our D will outscore their O.

I haven't thought strategy yet -- I want to rewatch the TOR game.  But don't underestimate MBT.  He's plain crazy, I think.  Very unafraid and reckless... much like our Streveler.  Must be a youth thing.  MBT will test our DBs for sure, and he's somewhat mobile so he'll keep the DL honest.

TOR was picking up their pace and their self-respect/morale in the last game.  They are improving.  They do have the weapons on O (except maybe OL).  Luckily their D stinks, so even if the O gets some points, it should be easy for Nichols to put them away.

I think you need to beat them down early and they'll lose all their steam.  Let them come out firing and we may have to duke it out.

The fact WPG is #1 in the CFL, and TOR is #9, and everyone knows it, makes it easier for us because there is no pressure on them to beat us.  No one in the world expects them to win.  Their coaches won't yell at them if they lose.  No one will get fired.  TOR vs BC was different because BC was last in the West and TOR knew they had a great shot at winning.  No such hope for them this week.  They may not even put in an effort (i.e. like their game 1).
GCn19

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2019, 11:12:49 AM »

I will never underestimate a desperate team....but Toronto is sooooo bad. They may make a game of it, but I just can't realistically see a way they can beat us unless we beat ourselves.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2019, 12:11:36 PM »

I will never underestimate a desperate team....but Toronto is sooooo bad. They may make a game of it, but I just can't realistically see a way they can beat us unless we beat ourselves.

you have to still respect them as they have been able to string together some good series on both sides of the ball... just not long or often enough for it to translate into any kind of real success... however, the potential is there for them to be a 'trap game' because you know it's going to happen to someone with them this year...

they say that even in good years that a good team will win one they shouldn't and lose one they shouldn't, yet still be able to be successful overall... we'll lose at some point, but would rather it not be this week, lol...

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2019, 12:13:44 PM »

I can't see them making a game of it. They're garbage, particularly in the trenches.

As long as the home team takes care of business, this should be a convincing win for the Bombers.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Buck

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2019, 12:17:54 PM »

Honestly, as a trap game, this one worries me a tiny bit.  Only because the weapons they have on offense HAVE to get going eventually, don't they?  Let's hope they don't..

And for what it's worth, if we can keep while Matthews is out and he comes back later in the year and is productive for us, I'm good with that.  Same with Biggie, if he is a little nicked up, let's let him rest. 
66 Chevelle

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2019, 12:27:26 PM »

no doubt, we you glance at their roster and we names like Walker, Green, Edwards, Rainey, Sutton, and  Wilder... it's hard to imagine they are averaging only 9 pts a game....

rubanski

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2019, 12:35:21 PM »

The Bombers are going to be favoured by 2+ tds or something ridiculous. Utterly inexcusable to lose. Prep like a normal week, no mercy and the BB should crush the Argos.
Old Rusty

Illegitimi non carborundum

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2019, 12:36:52 PM »

The bombers need to maintain their intensity on D... and to carry out the plan on offence.   Above all DO NOT rest easy and take this game for granted.   A pinned down and often pummelled Toronto team might be able to rally and do some damage.

As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.
GCn19

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2019, 12:51:58 PM »

you have to still respect them as they have been able to string together some good series on both sides of the ball... just not long or often enough for it to translate into any kind of real success... however, the potential is there for them to be a 'trap game' because you know it's going to happen to someone with them this year...

they say that even in good years that a good team will win one they shouldn't and lose one they shouldn't, yet still be able to be successful overall... we'll lose at some point, but would rather it not be this week, lol...

The one thing about a MOS coached team is that they rarely fail to show up. However, that's why we play the games. Nothing is certain in life except death and taxes. We should win easy but we gotta show up.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
bigbuff33

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2019, 12:55:57 PM »

Bombers are playing with an attitude I like...they''re playing for first place...nothing less.
There's an attitude about this team that i haven't seen in a long time...
They know what they have to do...and go out there and do it!!!
Talent all over the place..."lets just go 1-0 this week!!"
blue_or_die

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2019, 01:20:28 PM »

The Argos are averaging a pathetic 9.3 pts per game... that's bad, real bad... no possible way to try and prop that stat up at all... 9.3?  wow...

They scored 14, 7 and 17, so the average is actually 12.6 points I believe.
blue_or_die

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2019, 01:30:11 PM »

Chances McGuire gets a quarter to shore up some CFL experience? lol
theaardvark

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2019, 01:36:57 PM »

I'm going bold and say that our D gets it done again and pitches another TD shut out... 40 something - 6, Bombers win...

Toronto is bad, but I'm not sure -6 bad....   oh, wait... I guess I misread that.. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2019, 01:37:20 PM »

They scored 14, 7 and 17, so the average is actually 12.6 points I believe.

I got that stat off of the CFL official page... but while typing, it dawned on me, the OFFENSE has probably only scored 9.3 pts as a group, the other 3 pts are probably from the kick/punt teams...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: