Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2019, 09:47:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-game thread Argos at Blue Bombers  (Read 2968 times)
3rdand1.5

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2019, 05:18:20 PM »

Bob Irving
‏ @BobIrvingCJOB
4m4 minutes ago

Matt Nichols IS practicing, all appears to be well after the shot to the head in Ottawa.

That is good news
Pigskin

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 05:26:14 PM »

Matt said he was fine after the game on CJOB.  

Matthews has the caught the Sears injury bug? He's played in 1.5 games out of 3.

Gaitor finished the game. So could be an M-day.

Bighill doesn't need to practice until Wednesday or Thursday.

Humes has played well when he gets a chance.

Lawler is a better receiver then Nelson.

DM83

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2019, 06:54:06 PM »

Great news about Wild.
I sure wish he was still here.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2019, 06:57:53 PM »

Great news about Wild.
Not me. Often injured and seemed to get run over consistently in his stay here when playing Mac. I am glad we moved on from him.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Donny C

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2019, 06:59:24 PM »

Matt Nichols is the most single important player out of those that were injured or knicked up.

If he is is, WPG wins.
kkc60

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2019, 07:03:25 PM »

Great news about Wild.
So you wish Wild and Lankford were here, and want Matthew's gone....interesting
kkc60

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2019, 07:05:12 PM »

Wild got 13 tackles last game... heck of a total, and says some not so good things about their D...

Trap game is a common mention in cases like this, as Hamilton found out last week... but at home, pretty sure we got this...
13 tackles in a game for a LB isn't necessarily bad or good. It depends where those tackles are coming from
thunderNlightning

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2019, 07:08:03 PM »

In a game we SHOULD win,I?d be comfortable leaving Bighill our another week to heal. Hamstrings can be a lingering issue if not fully healed before coming back.
blue girl

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2019, 08:55:10 PM »

I'd be more worried about this being a trap game if it was on the road but I think that the fans will get on the team pretty fast if they're underperforming. I'm also not worried about Medlock. IMO having a bad game only inspires him to play better. Great to see that Nichols is practising. It's too bad about Matthews but we could do worse than Lawlor. I think that Bighill will a be 50/50 chance to play though.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 12:09:33 AM »

Heard something on the radio about Biggie being ok? Not too sure about that.  Also heard Matthews needs a week?

Any word on Briggs?

I see Nichols getting 250 yards, 3 tds.  Harris with about 100.  Strev makes a couple nice plays.  Medlock kicks better and the D plays amazing.  Only way we lose if we loss the turnover battle (badly).  Will be awesome and hope to get a good crowd.  Expecting to see about 23-24K there, 26-27 sold.  Hope I'm wrong.

I expect Fenner to have another good outing and our DL to feast.  I am happy to see Wild on the other side.  Hope he plays well but it's good he is gone.  Always like watching former Bombers.

This is the 1st year in many that I'll be at every game.  Long time season previous season ticket holder (student section.... ah the memories) but haven't been to every game for a few years (I go to most).  All that said I'm sure I'll still get roasted for not supporting the club LOL.  And yes I'll have a bag full of snacks if anyone is hungry! nuts, chips, chocolate and spitz.  Fat mans dream. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 12:18:08 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 12:38:21 AM »

Briggs looked like he had his bell rung. That may not have been a concussion issue but still may have forced the protocol to kick in.

Any word on whether he practiced?

If Nichols plays the entire game ( which I doubt ) he'll get 300+ yards and AH will get his 100 yards.

I seriously doubt the Argos will be in the game by half time. To that effect I would expect Streveler to see most of the 2nd half to get the most game reps he can. It may be against a weaker team but if the score allows that change it's still beneficial.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:14:46 AM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 01:56:39 AM »

The Argos are averaging a pathetic 9.3 pts per game... that's bad, real bad... no possible way to try and prop that stat up at all... 9.3?  wow...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2019, 02:09:35 AM »

they're going to be trying to test our secondary... they average 65 plays per game, but only 11 rushing attempts per game...  then when you consider that on average that 2 of those attempts per game are actually QB plays, i.e. scrambles, that reduces their attempts to only 9 real running plays per game...

odd really, you'd think that with them having Wilder and with him averaging almost 5 yds per carry you would think that they would try to exploit that a little more than they do...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Dodge and Burn

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 02:14:52 AM »

Great news about Wild.

Wild plays every direction but north if you catch my drift.

We are better without him on first team D.

It's not the violin, it's the violinist
dd

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2019, 02:22:20 AM »

I see Jefferson dominating again like he did in Ottawa. Ya see that smoke, man!!! Come to winnipeg, come to winnipeg man!! Awesome shout out!! The guys awesome and mbt will be crucified in this one. Our D will outscore their O.

Nichols will get 3 quarters worth of work and strev the 4 th quarter. 35-12 Bombers
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 05:08:08 AM by dd » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: