Blue Bombers Forum
July 24, 2019, 12:19:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-game thread Argos at Blue Bombers  (Read 1673 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« on: July 08, 2019, 12:27:34 PM »

4-0 would be super sweet! No brain farts and basically just keep doing what they are to better and the W will occur.

Couple huge questions marks like who plays? Matt, Biggie, Mathews, Briggs? Starting to run thin a LB.

Can Medlock clean his FG blip?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 03:03:35 PM »

I agree basic football. Keep the stupid penalties in check, and don't turn over the ball.

Medlock missing 2 in one game, never mind 2 in a row. Looking for Medlock to bounce back with a big night at home. 
BlueInCgy

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 03:11:24 PM »

A meat and potatoes game plan should have this one won by halftime.  Doesn't need to be flashy, a stiff defense to keep them on 2 and outs and we should be good.

Medlock, like Harris last week, will bounce back.

Dress everyone we can, but let's keep the rotation going so that we can minimize injury exposure.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 03:12:13 PM »

Argos will be hungry...trap game for sure.

blue_or_die

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 03:12:36 PM »

I'm expecting/hoping that this one gets ugly early on.

Party @ IGF.
blue_or_die

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 03:13:14 PM »

A trap game requires the opposition to have a modicum of talent and ability.
Norm W

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 03:19:36 PM »

A trap game requires the opposition to have a modicum of talent and ability.

... I can assure the guys on Toronto's roster and any other team in the CFL got there because of their football ability and skills. There are a ton of cliches and saying that could be applied... any given Sunday, even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut etc... the attitude you just referenced is the one the Bombers need to avoid.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:26:40 PM by Norm W » Logged

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
theaardvark

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 03:24:20 PM »

Wild got 13 tackles last game... heck of a total, and says some not so good things about their D...

Trap game is a common mention in cases like this, as Hamilton found out last week... but at home, pretty sure we got this...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 04:09:22 PM by theaardvark » Logged

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
DM83

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 03:26:32 PM »

The Bombers are very effective.  Their execution is at a high level.
Toronto at best can put one foot ahead of the other.
This should be over by the 3/4 Mark.

Ideally we are all healed up, and are non-starters can gain some playing experience.
Actually wouldn't this be fun to watch Strevlor and Nelson get significant time.

Would this be a game where Nichols throws for 300 yards?

Whatever, lets enjoy watching. The defence keep Toronto under 200 yds offence!
Norm W

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 03:32:09 PM »

If I was giving them the locker room pre-game I would be reminding everybody to do up their chin straps, the other-side will be!

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
blue_or_die

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 03:49:28 PM »

... I can assure the guys on Toronto's roster and any other team in the CFL got there because of their football ability and skills. There are a ton of cliches and saying that could be applied... any given Sunday, even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut etc... the attitude you just referenced is the one the Bombers need to avoid.

The Bombers **** well better not have that attitude or yes, they can find a way to lose.

Luckily I am a fan and not responsible for preparing for this game, and have watched Toronto this year and will stick with my assessment that while I'm sure individuals on that team have plenty of talent, their team lacks the fortitude to beat our team.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 03:51:16 PM »

Agreed, we can't take them too lightly, but reality is Toronto's scored a total of 38 points in three games, and haven't broken the 20 point mark yet.  Not saying it can't happen, but I'd venture to say that the Winnipeg D is the best D they've faced thus far.  Conversely, their D has given up 114 points.

Bombers need to start hot out of the gate, and then maintain, which is what they've done for the first three games.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 04:00:46 PM »

Bob Irving
‏ @BobIrvingCJOB
4m4 minutes ago

Matt Nichols IS practicing, all appears to be well after the shot to the head in Ottawa.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
gobombersgo

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 05:05:51 PM »

Darrin Bauming, TSN.   @DarrinBauming
Day 1 of practice and Chris Matthews' pinky and ring fingers heavily wrapped as he watches on. Bighill (hamstring) and Gaitor are also spectators. Matt Nichols looks like himself after being forced out of Friday's game in the third quarter, entering the CFL's concussion protocol.

Kenny Lawler in for Chris Matthews today. Marcus Rios is also down, so with him and Gaitor out today, it's Chris Humes at dimeback. #Bombers

Pigskin

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 05:12:02 PM »

Ian Wild is a good football player. The problem with Ian is he breaks down to much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: