Blue Bombers Forum
July 04, 2020, 08:30:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who deserves most to go in this Year?
Charles Roberts - 9 (19.6%)
Greg Battle - 8 (17.4%)
Joe Poplawski - 7 (15.2%)
Bob Cameron - 18 (39.1%)
James Murphy - 2 (4.3%)
Trevor Kennerd - 2 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Ring of Honour inductee  (Read 3001 times)
RicoBeBlue

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 08:31:03 PM »

Was it the '88 or '90 Grey Cup?  Interesting article by Ed Tait when he was with the Free Press follows:

https://www.cfl.ca/2007/09/15/for_battle__hall_of_fame_is_great__old_pals_better/

Yes, my apologies. It was the 90 Grey Cup but the 2nd one that he grabbed from behind the receiver, beautiful! Thanks for the link and correction. Years do fly by....

Edit...

Just wanted to add for those interested. If you're willing to Google, use this as your search... " 1990 grey cup video highlights " without the quotations, and watch the top left video, it's ten minutes long. Battle 2nd is great.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:39:18 PM by RicoBeBlue » Logged

Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge. Others only gargle. : Woody Allen
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 08:36:18 PM »

Bob Cameron
blue girl

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 08:41:04 PM »

I could go with any of them but I went with Cameron as nobody could punt into the wind like him.
Horseman

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 10:53:17 PM »

Most don't know, but Cameron was an a$$ with people, speaking from 1st hand knowledge.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2019, 11:04:08 PM »

Most don't know, but Cameron was an a$$ with people, speaking from 1st hand knowledge.
never met him but my Dad had a couple run ins with him and he did nothing but use people. Not the greatest people skills. But whatever.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
RicoBeBlue

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2019, 11:58:21 PM »

As the old adage goes... "Never meet your heroes, because they're sure to disappoint you."

Unfortunately that doesn't only stand for heroes.

Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge. Others only gargle. : Woody Allen
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2019, 12:09:57 AM »

As the old adage goes... "Never meet your heroes, because they're sure to disappoint you."

Unfortunately that doesn't only stand for heroes.
For all of Charles Roberts faults he was always an easy and fun dude to chat with. Even bumped into him at The local water holes for a laugh a couple times.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:57:46 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2019, 01:43:08 AM »

I was fortunate enough to have season tickets pretty much for Cameron's whole career. A slew of amazing players were on all those teams, Bob was Mr Consistant year in year out. It didn't matter if he had worked all day renovating, covered in drywall dust or with a bad back. The man could kick into the wind like nobody before him or after. The length of his career is is outstanding on it's own. The kicking units never get love but he is one of a kind and deserves to be recognized. JM2C

Best all weather pro punter ever.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2019, 01:45:58 AM »

For all of Charles Roberts faults he was always an easy and fun dude to chat with. Even dumped into him at The local water holes for a laugh a couple times.

Watching Charlie was magic.  Talent he had was equal to that you see once in a generation.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 06:54:21 PM »

So Bob gets in. Yes it was slightly before my Bomber fan devotion especially when he was in his prime and we were winning cups.

I still think blink deserves to go in first but I guess he rubbed a few to many the wrong way. Maybe next year. Battle has gotta get in there to.

Da Punter....In!

Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2019, 07:15:43 PM »

Well, it's Bob after all. Good for him, and well-deserved. It would be very appropriate if there are windy conditions for his induction. No one could hammer a ball into the wind like him.

I was at his final game, the 2002 West Final. Wasn't a good day all around, but glad I got to see Bob play in his last game.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
bwiser

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2019, 07:56:59 PM »

Bob Cameron played a huge part in winning the 1988 Grey Cup. The Bombers offense completely stalled in the second half and Camerons punting on a windy day was a key factor in that game.The best punter in CFL history. He had a 21 year career kicking in a very windy Winnipeg Stadium
RicoBeBlue

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2019, 08:17:02 PM »

So Bob gets in. Yes it was slightly before my Bomber fan devotion especially when he was in his prime and we were winning cups.

I still think blink deserves to go in first but I guess he rubbed a few to many the wrong way. Maybe next year. Battle has gotta get in there to.

Da Punter....In!

First... Glad to see Bob get his day.

I agree GM. Blink and Battle deserve and will get in and should be already.

Shmoke and a pancake? Wink

wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2019, 08:18:01 PM »

I'm also speaking from first hand knowledge, and he is a great guy. Spoke to him many times in social situations. Told some great stories of the Cal years.

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
Horseman

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2019, 12:30:00 AM »

Poor choice for the ring of honour, his selection tarnishes that ring!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: