Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:31:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GDT battle of the winless BCSUX at ARBLOWS  (Read 1304 times)
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2019, 11:54:11 AM »

Neither should be confused for genius?s!! Claybrooks has got to lose the crooked cap, he looks ridiculous. Total bush league. What?s next, the construction hat with 2 cans of beer in it!! Seriously.  Time to grow up son!!

Give it a rest. And as a DC, Claybrooks is very good. He's just in over his head as HC right now because Hervey can't manage a roster or the purse strings.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
blue_or_die

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2019, 12:36:34 PM »

Oh ya, did you see in OTT how much of our O was wearing shorts (like they did last year) and OTT was exclusively in full-lengths?  I wonder how much that factored into our win, given the heat/humidex out there.  Our guys looked less bushed than theirs (even their O, who were barely playing).  Smart, smart move allowing shorts.  I thought the CFL had dress-codes, but I guess shorts are allowed.

What do you mean "shorts"? All football pants go to the knee. Unless you're confusing our rolled down socks for "shorts"?
kkc60

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2019, 12:57:25 PM »

I think what irks people is that we all expect a certain level of professionalism from HC's in the CFL.  We don't usually old OC/DC's to the same standard because we see them a lot less.  Now that he's a HC, he should act more like a HC.  He hasn't changed a thing since being DC.  The hat, the belly-rubbing, and the over-active tongue.  Not a good look for a product we're trying to export to Europe!

It's the same reason we are all so enthralled with Maas's rages and fits.  It's unprofessional.

MOS's shorts (and even salts) barely enters the realm of those two guys.
I'll give you the Maas rage fits. But Claybrooks isn't an old.school coach. He's a guy who I'm sure gets along great with his players and I won't be surprised if players want to play for him just like they do MOS. There's nothing wrong with a HC having fun (a la belly rubs) and there is nothing at all wrong with wearing a tilted hat.  It's his niche. If it actually bugs someone, all I can say is it must suck to be so miserable
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2019, 04:03:42 PM »

I think what irks people is that we all expect a certain level of professionalism from HC's in the CFL.  We don't usually old OC/DC's to the same standard because we see them a lot less.  Now that he's a HC, he should act more like a HC.  He hasn't changed a thing since being DC.  The hat, the belly-rubbing, and the over-active tongue.  Not a good look for a product we're trying to export to Europe!

It's the same reason we are all so enthralled with Maas's rages and fits.  It's unprofessional.

MOS's shorts (and even salts) barely enters the realm of those two guys.

Oh ya, did you see in OTT how much of our O was wearing shorts (like they did last year) and OTT was exclusively in full-lengths?  I wonder how much that factored into our win, given the heat/humidex out there.  Our guys looked less bushed than theirs (even their O, who were barely playing).  Smart, smart move allowing shorts.  I thought the CFL had dress-codes, but I guess shorts are allowed.

Wilder was wearing a jersey that left his midriff exposed, I thought that was pushing the dress code a bit.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2019, 04:10:26 PM »

Wilder was wearing a jersey that left his midriff exposed, I thought that was pushing the dress code a bit.

Maybe he's auditioning for the LFL for next season?  They seem to be good with the exposed midriffs.
dd

« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2019, 10:55:59 PM »

Forget the exposed midriff, The interview I saw, he didn?t even have a shirt on!!  Now that?s a relaxed dress code!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 05:14:08 AM by dd » Logged
gobombersgo

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2019, 11:24:38 PM »

I believe the dress code is relaxed after a certain temperature is reached.

A few of the Bombers including Strevy had bare legs. Normally they need to be covered.

pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2019, 12:20:08 AM »

Give it a rest. And as a DC, Claybrooks is very good. He's just in over his head as HC right now because Hervey can't manage a roster or the purse strings.

agree

I'll give you the Maas rage fits. But Claybrooks isn't an old.school coach. He's a guy who I'm sure gets along great with his players and I won't be surprised if players want to play for him just like they do MOS. There's nothing wrong with a HC having fun (a la belly rubs) and there is nothing at all wrong with wearing a tilted hat.  It's his niche. If it actually bugs someone, all I can say is it must suck to be so miserable

agree

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2019, 06:38:06 AM »

And as a DC, Claybrooks is very good. He's just in over his head as HC right now because Hervey can't manage a roster or the purse strings.

Was he though?  How much of '18 was Claybrooks and how much was just CGY's system?  Serious question.  I think BC's performance this year vs CGY's will tell the tale... we'll know for sure by the end of the year.  I'd much rather have Hall than Claybrooks as my DC, let alone MOS than Claybrooks as HC!!

What do you mean "shorts"? All football pants go to the knee. Unless you're confusing our rolled down socks for "shorts"?

I believe the dress code is relaxed after a certain temperature is reached.
A few of the Bombers including Strevy had bare legs. Normally they need to be covered.

I'm completely ignorant of the design of pro football uniforms.  To me they look like "shorts", but if it's just a lack of socks or rolled up uniforms, whatever: what our players did seemed to benefit them vs the normally-attired opponents.

Surely this stuff must be in the rulebook?

Speaking of equipment: why are there so many games where people are slipping and sliding?  The games where it had rained earlier, or rained during the game, why aren't they wearing better cleats more suited to wet turf?  Same with the '18 GC game: CGY seemed to bring the correct footwear and OTT didn't, as OTT was slipping & sliding way more than CGY.  If I was a HC/GM I'd put way more effort into footwear study and equipment.  Optimizing footwear makes or breaks games.  (Going back to the old "staples" story.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:22:40 AM by TecnoGenius » Logged
GCn18

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2019, 11:14:57 AM »

The CFL regularly fines players a small amount for dress code violations. We just never hear about it.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2019, 11:51:51 AM »

Was he though?  How much of '18 was Claybrooks and how much was just CGY's system?  Serious question.  I think BC's performance this year vs CGY's will tell the tale... we'll know for sure by the end of the year. 

Well, it isn't like Claybrooks just stepped into that role last season. He was DC in Calgary for three seasons, after having spent four as the D-line coach. He knows his stuff on the defensive side of the ball. As head coach, however, he's somewhat in over his head and Hervey has really screwed him over with the roster.

No different than Tim Burke, IMO. A very good DC but a lousy head coach put in a bad position whose tenure suffered in part due to poor management.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2019, 12:06:52 PM »

when they did that little profile on Claybrooks when we played them about him and his hat... between the crooked hat and the grin on his face it looked like he may have gotten into the hooch before he came to the game, lol... I know he hadn't but it was just the combination of the two made me think it...  Grin

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
TBURGESS

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2019, 02:27:35 PM »

Claybrooks is learning to be a HC. It's his first year and he's rebuilding from scratch, much like MOS did. He has a quality QB and a top receiver (Who's injured). I wouldn't say he's bad or in over his head yet. Gotta wait until next year to say that.

Being right never gets old.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2019, 05:20:34 AM »

Claybrooks is learning to be a HC. It's his first year and he's rebuilding from scratch, much like MOS did. He has a quality QB and a top receiver (Who's injured). I wouldn't say he's bad or in over his head yet. Gotta wait until next year to say that.

Ya, but in today's environment of "fire first, ask questions later", how long does a floundering Claybrooks get to produce results?  BC is usually average in the West, so if he takes them down into the dumpster, does he even get a 2nd season?  (Even worse, the dumpster with the best QB in the CFL!)

MOS got so long with poor results at first because the results with the prior HC were even worse.  Plus, WPG is a more laid back, patient, market.  What's another year tacked on to 29?

I can't see Claybrooks getting 6 years of rope with no GC appearance in BC, like MOS has had in WPG!!
TBURGESS

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2019, 12:51:31 PM »

Ya, but in today's environment of "fire first, ask questions later", how long does a floundering Claybrooks get to produce results?  BC is usually average in the West, so if he takes them down into the dumpster, does he even get a 2nd season?  (Even worse, the dumpster with the best QB in the CFL!)

MOS got so long with poor results at first because the results with the prior HC were even worse.  Plus, WPG is a more laid back, patient, market.  What's another year tacked on to 29?

I can't see Claybrooks getting 6 years of rope with no GC appearance in BC, like MOS has had in WPG!!
I can't see Claybrooks getting or needing 6 years to win a playoff game. Then again, I couldn't see MOS getting 5 years either. My guess is that BC starts to turn it around mid-season. It doesn't look good for them making the playoffs in year 1, but they could end up in 4th and the cross over.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:53:19 PM by TBURGESS » Logged

Being right never gets old.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: