Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2019, 09:46:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: How long will Nichols be out?  (Read 5505 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2019, 07:33:48 PM »

To be clear the ones that I was referring to pumping up Streveler were the ones  who wanted him to start even before they knew if Nichols could play. There aren't many of them but at least these ones I can ignore not like the guy who sits behind me always calling for Streveler.  Cheesy

I think every section of IGF has that one guy calling for Streveler every game. All it takes is one 2-and-out and he emerges from his mom's basement.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2019, 07:48:28 PM »

Efficiency numbers so far this year:

Matt Nichols - 120.7
Trevor Harris - 113.0
Cody Fajardo - 107.1
Jeremiah Masoli - 103.6
Mike Reilly - 90.1

And the Blue Bombers are 3-0.

'Nuff said. Nichols has been excellent this year.

Wink

Nah change is needed lol.

Nichol is a top tier qb
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:53:03 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue girl

« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2019, 08:25:38 PM »

I think every section of IGF has that one guy calling for Streveler every game. All it takes is one 2-and-out and he emerges from his mom's basement.
It doesn't have to be a 2 and out. A couple of short passes brings them out.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2019, 09:01:18 PM »

It s a tight league. Other teams have good gbs. Nichols hasn't done everything right . If we keep playing the same players, and don't give them a chance, like Augustine and others,  Im sure they call for Strevveller when we aren't moving the ball and not when we are. Im for Nichols , I think if he plays all out he can win. If he plays safe, we might still win but like in last years final we needed to take chances throwing deep and we didn't. Hes got to play like he did against Ottawa. He has good games against Ottawa. For some reason he throws deep more often against them .
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2019, 10:39:51 PM »

It s a tight league. Other teams have good gbs. Nichols hasn't done everything right . If we keep playing the same players, and don't give them a chance, like Augustine and others,  Im sure they call for Strevveller when we aren't moving the ball and not when we are. Im for Nichols , I think if he plays all out he can win. If he plays safe, we might still win but like in last years final we needed to take chances throwing deep and we didn't. Hes got to play like he did against Ottawa. He has good games against Ottawa. For some reason he throws deep more often against them .

Like the way Nichols is playing and the way he approaches the game.  Him and Lapo are very good together and we are very luck to have them.  Just look at the long line of coaches and bad QBs we have had.  This combo is top tier.  They also have the ability to groom Strev to the same.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2019, 12:11:47 AM »

Just re-watching the hit on Nichols in the Ottawa game multiple times.  Two pts.  All evidence indicates #51 speared Nichols in the side of the helmet, yet no penalty and no indication that the C.C. witnessed the illegal hit.  Nelson got owned on the play, he had over 5 yds. of space to block his man and yet got driven right back into Nichols.  I'd say Nelson has used up his Mulligan and better redeem himself against the Argos.
booch

« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2019, 12:17:30 AM »

i'd be all for a santiago for nelson swap in a game to see who brings what..u could run sets as well with santiago in for an import receiver and have both him and Harris in backfield which would be a nightmare
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2019, 12:18:23 AM »

Just re-watching the hit on Nichols in the Ottawa game multiple times.  Two pts.  All evidence indicates #51 speared Nichols in the side of the helmet, yet no penalty and no indication that the C.C. witnessed the illegal hit.  Nelson got owned on the play, he had over 5 yds. of space to block his man and yet got driven right back into Nichols.  I'd say Nelson has used up his Mulligan and better redeem himself against the Argos.
I agree regarding Nelson. Time to move on. He must show dynamite at practise to STILL be in there starting.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2019, 01:01:29 AM »

i'd be all for a santiago for nelson swap in a game to see who brings what..u could run sets as well with santiago in for an import receiver and have both him and Harris in backfield which would be a nightmare

I'd love to see Santiago get his chance but with Augustine already sitting on the roster doing nothing can't see O'Shea going for it.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2019, 01:03:00 AM »

I'd love to see Santiago get his chance but with Augustine already sitting on the roster doing nothing can't see O'Shea going for it.
hey he basically never did with Flanders why would he change his ways now?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Tiger

« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2019, 02:24:23 AM »

where I take issue with Lapo is in games where we have a decent, but not insurmountable, lead on someone and he goes into this 'prevent' offense... we start having 2 and outs, our opponent starts catching up, and now we have trouble getting things going again and seem out of sync... at that point we are hanging on for dear life, trying not to lose instead of playing keep away with our opponent, sustaining drives, and coasting to a win...

Exactly

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
kkc60

« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2019, 03:58:54 AM »

Sadly. Frankly I prefer Petermann as a backup receiver vs Nelson
dd

« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2019, 04:12:32 AM »

Exactly. What the heck happened there?? Why isn?t he seeing the field?? All he did was make plays last year and he didn?t fumble once. I still fail to see what anyone see s in Nelson . Is he O?Shea?s nephew or something??
Dodge and Burn

« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2019, 04:22:00 AM »

Exactly. What the heck happened there?? Why isn?t he seeing the field?? All he did was make plays last year and he didn?t fumble once. I still fail to see what anyone see s in Nelson . Is he O?Shea?s nephew or something??

He's Sammy Garza's nephew Wink

It's not the violin, it's the violinist
DM83

« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2019, 06:05:17 AM »

Is there an efficiency stat for QBs? I would think Micholls would be up there?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: