Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:32:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: How long will Nichols be out?  (Read 3174 times)
RebusRankin

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 07:55:16 PM »

I suspect he's good to go for Toronto on Friday. Now not sure about Matthews and Briggs.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 08:17:35 PM »

I suspect he's good to go for Toronto on Friday. Now not sure about Matthews and Briggs.
Briggs got hurt to? Sheesh!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue girl

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 08:32:49 PM »

We'll have a better idea when they return to practice as concussion symptoms can take a couple of days to develop. He certainly seemed fine after the game though. Also Bob Irving mentioned on the postgame show that the Bombers don't provide injured players to the media so I'm taking this as a good sign that he gave an interview.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 12:48:37 AM »

I would let Nichols rest a week. Give Streveler a chance to show what he can do.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2019, 01:39:48 AM »

I would let Nichols rest a week. Give Streveler a chance to show what he can do.
sure but what if he is healthy? Still sit him?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2019, 02:52:11 AM »

Nichols will be fine and will start against the arblows
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2019, 03:03:10 AM »

On a positive note Nichols showed good wheels on that run right up until the slide.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 03:06:33 AM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
dd

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2019, 03:24:34 AM »

Yes, he?s looked quicker in the pocket this year. Dunnigan was saying nichols lost 10-11 pounds on a diet , and explains why he?s quicker
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2019, 03:29:09 AM »

Nichols is a great Qb
Back soon likely and he will continue to produce

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2019, 10:27:39 AM »

Watch all the angles of the hit again.  Clear H2H, side-hit (bad), rebound bounce off Nelson (double bad!), then down to the turf (couldn't tell if that was another bad blow).

50/50 chance Matt has concussion.  Maybe he'll do better than most because he has no history.  Maybe we'll luck out and it's not a full concussion.

How he feels during/after the game means nothing, as we've seen so many times with other QBs.  Symptoms will show up this week, and could be as late as TOR game day.

If there is any Nichols doubt, I would be very happy to see Strev start vs TOR.  If there was ever an "easy" game to get more reps for and views of Strev, this is it.  Our team is so good we should still win vs TOR even if we run a limited Strev playbook, rely too much on the run, and throw 2-3 picks.  TOR is getting better though (on O with MBT), so it's not a gimme without Nichols.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2019, 02:57:45 PM »

I hope that for Nichols' personal safety and health that if he's showing any signs of being concussed by the end of the week that they sit him, it's not worth the risk at this point to put him harm's way.

worse case sceanrio if he doesn't play would be that we lose next week. at this point in the season and given the current standings, it wouldn't be the end of the world.  also, losing one game, which I doubt that we would, would be easier to absorb than losing Nichols for the rest of the season... at this point, we are still unsure how Streveler would do as QB1, especially if Lapo were to continue to call a similar game plan as he gave him this week...

I realize Lapo was just trying to get out of the game at that point but still it was less than inspiring play calling... first down plays were pretty much give aways, everyone on both sides of the ball knew the call was Harris up the middle... if nothing else he could have had Streveler and Harris roll out and run the option... something...

I know someone who sustained a concussion this year playing as well, bounced his head off the turf trying to make a play. anyway, by the next game he thought he was fine, everything good, until he was playing... he said that physically everything was fine, but, when plays were called he was a bit confused at times, he wasn't able to process and think clearly. He was fine the following week but even he thought he was fine and good to go with a weeks rest, he wasn't...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2019, 03:17:45 PM »

I hope that for Nichols' personal safety and health that if he's showing any signs of being concussed by the end of the week that they sit him, it's not worth the risk at this point to put him harm's way.

worse case sceanrio if he doesn't play would be that we lose next week. at this point in the season and given the current standings, it wouldn't be the end of the world.  also, losing one game, which I doubt that we would, would be easier to absorb than losing Nichols for the rest of the season... at this point, we are still unsure how Streveler would do as QB1, especially if Lapo were to continue to call a similar game plan as he gave him this week...

I realize Lapo was just trying to get out of the game at that point but still it was less than inspiring play calling... first down plays were pretty much give aways, everyone on both sides of the ball knew the call was Harris up the middle... if nothing else he could have had Streveler and Harris roll out and run the option... something...

I know someone who sustained a concussion this year playing as well, bounced his head off the turf trying to make a play. anyway, by the next game he thought he was fine, everything good, until he was playing... he said that physically everything was fine, but, when plays were called he was a bit confused at times, he wasn't able to process and think clearly. He was fine the following week but even he thought he was fine and good to go with a weeks rest, he wasn't...

Play calling has been fine.  We are dominating.  Your same old story is getting old.  When you are up and playing so well on D, its ok to go vanilla and safe on offense.  Lapo is a top shelf OC and he knows what he is doing.  He is calling plans to kill the clock and eliminate chance for turnover.  Smart play calling and its proving to be very effective.  Harris was effective and he can run through tackles as good as any.  Our oline has been above average and opens up holes.  Easiest way to get a 1st down is to go north / south. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Offense will continue to improve.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 03:20:55 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
66 Chevelle

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2019, 03:28:57 PM »

Play calling has been fine.  We are dominating.  Your same old story is getting old.  When you are up and playing so well on D, its ok to go vanilla and safe on offense.  Lapo is a top shelf OC and he knows what he is doing.  He is calling plans to kill the clock and eliminate change for turnover.  Smart play calling and its proving to be very effective.

which allowed both Edmonton and Ottawa a chance to get back into a game that they had already lost...

I'm pretty sure that the majority here could see that there was a distinct and noticeable change in the play calling once Nichols was out and Streveler was in... I'm going to chalk that up to Streveler probably not being up to speed with the NEW game plan, you know, the one he drastically changed from last week, that Lapo employed this week against Ottawa... even the TSN guy commented on the 'diverse offense' that Winnipeg brought this week, not Dunnigan but the other older guy...

and before Nichols got hurt the D didn't have to do much, they weren't on the field much... they did do their job while on the field though, but, it's a lot easier to do that job when they have a chance to rest between series... at one point when I looked we were up on time of possession by 19 minutes... that margin eventually shrunk to just 10 mins by the end of the game...

now the D shouldn't get use to that kind of cushion but it sure was nice to be able to create such a lopsided battle in that part of our game... 

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
blueraid

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2019, 04:34:30 PM »

It.s not like we're playing the hottest team in the east this week.....Give Matt a week to check things out...Streveler is more than competent to take on the arenogoods...and he deserves a start
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2019, 04:48:27 PM »

It.s not like we're playing the hottest team in the east this week.....Give Matt a week to check things out...Streveler is more than competent to take on the arenogoods...and he deserves a start

Not sure I agree - it is the "Any Given Sunday" syndrome that bugs me. It is only the Argos but we should not take any team lightly - I had thought Montreal would get their heads handed to them by the Tiger Cats and look what happened. The Argos almost beat BC. I think we need to continue to improve and not take the Argos for granted. No free spots on the card this year IMHO.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: