Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:30:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The WPG, The MTL & The TOR thread (aka GB&U) WPG@OTT  (Read 1280 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 03:39:40 PM »

I remember Sinopoli catching at least 2 balls both were short gainers.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
John T.

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 04:10:21 PM »

The bad:

Both teams went two-and-out on their opening possessions.

Grin
tlf

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 05:14:05 PM »

Blame the holder!  Should have kept Bennett!!!  Grin

Or Dressler  Cheesy
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 05:25:04 PM »

Or Dressler  Cheesy
Toby Maguire is the holder right?

Horseman

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2019, 05:34:36 PM »

The Good
-the D-  o majors allowed, again!!! That **** Hall doesn?t know what he?s doing!!
-the O- great diversity and execution of play calling

The Bad
-did brad Sinopoli even play last night?? I can?t recall hearing his name at all, kudos to our D

The Ugly
-the non call on the facemask on Harris that ripped his helmet off. Seriously, how do you miss that?!? And why can?t command centre/eye in the sky call that when the refs miss it. No way anyone should get away with a major foul to the head

Agree, those types of plays that could result in serious injury need to be called by the command centre if the on filed officials miss it.
tlf

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2019, 05:36:21 PM »

Agree, those types of plays that could result in serious injury need to be called by the command centre if the on filed officials miss it.

Why doesn?t Harris have his lid on better though? His is always falling off. 
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2019, 06:30:33 PM »

Why doesn?t Harris have his lid on better though? His is always falling off. 

I think that plays a part in the refs. not calling the penalty, his lid comes off 2 or 3 times every game so it doesn't surprise anyone.  He wears his helmet so loose he can put it on or take it off without even unbuckling the chin strap.  Frankly I think it should become a penalized safety infraction.
blue girl

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2019, 08:16:44 PM »

Good
The play of Nichols before he got hit.
The special teams tackles by Miller.
The play of the defence. Once again they did not give up an offensive TD.
The heads up play by Medlock when he knocked the ball out of bounds with his knee.

Bad
The production of the offence after Nichols was injured.
The bad injury luck of Matthews.

Ugly
The injury to Nichols depending on how much time he misses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 08:20:31 PM »

I think that plays a part in the refs. not calling the penalty, his lid comes off 2 or 3 times every game so it doesn't surprise anyone.  He wears his helmet so loose he can put it on or take it off without even unbuckling the chin strap.  Frankly I think it should become a penalized safety infraction.

Frankly you are starting to sound like a grumpy old fart!

tlf

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2019, 01:57:48 AM »

Frankly you are starting to sound like a grumpy old fart!

True to a point....but his point about his helmet is truthful.  He needs it on tighter.
dd

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2019, 02:43:21 AM »

Why don?t  the pros have 3 play rule like amateur football?? Anytime a players helmet comes off (and there?s no facemasking or foul to get it off), the player is given a 10 yd penalty AND  has to come off for 3 plays, and why isn?t the play whistled dead when the ball carriers helmet comes off like in amateur football?? If the rules were the same, guaranteed harris?s Helmet doesnt come off as he d be sitting out some serious time and get tagged 10 yds everytime
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 03:48:43 AM by dd » Logged
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2019, 03:26:01 AM »

Fire Hall!!!  Fire him and our god awful secondary as a one-shot solution to their excellent work.. 

Tongue

This is awesome.  Crickets on the anti Hall rants lately.  Patience pays off.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2019, 04:06:28 AM »

Good

The Blue Bombers.  I think we will do well in the west, the playoffs and hopefully the Grey Cup.  Some will argue it's premature but looking at the teams, east and west, this weekend, we are looking pretty darn good.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
TecnoGenius

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2019, 09:45:57 AM »

Blame the holder!  Should have kept Bennett!!!  Grin

Maybe much truth to that (and you stole my thunder in my GB&U!)... Medlock has always said in pressers that he is super particular/picky as to who his holder is.  He gets major say in who holds for him.  He needs to build a rapport.  How many FG's did Meddy attempt (in-season) with McGuire before that game?  1?  2?  Not enough to get that rapport, assuming he'll ever get it with that guy.

I remember Sinopoli catching at least 2 balls both were short gainers.

Sinopoli has been extremely quiet since mid-2018!  He was a non-factor in the GC.  I think he's lost it.

Why don?t  the pros have 3 play rule like amateur football?? Anytime a players helmet comes off (and there?s no facemasking or foul to get it off), the player is given a 10 yd penalty AND  has to come off for 3 plays, and why isn?t the play whistled dead when the ball carriers helmet comes off like in amateur football?? If the rules were the same, guaranteed harris?s Helmet doesnt come off as he d be sitting out some serious time and get tagged 10 yds everytime

Don't like penalizing players for helmets off.

However, the refs did whistle that Harris play dead the instant they saw his helmet was off and he was still chugging.  The whistle went well before his progress was seriously impeded, and he would have gotten 5 more yards if the play continued.

In that sense we got double-screwed by the non-FM call... less yards due to no helmet whistle, and no penalty yards awarded.
TBURGESS

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2019, 12:48:23 PM »

I like the idea of penalizing players for not tightening their chinstraps. It's a safety issue.

Harris isn't actually allowed to continue playing without his helmet. The play should have been blown dead the second the ball carrier lost his hat and in this case, a 15 yard face masking call should have been applied.

Being right never gets old.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: