Blue Bombers Forum
July 09, 2020, 07:27:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next man up  (Read 2469 times)
kkc60

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 12:59:40 PM »

And how'd that work out for him?  I think we... ummm... won.
Lol. So we should change nothing then? Not even replacing the CB who was targeted 15 times for 11 completions and 150 yards and 7 (!) penalties in 2 games.

But yeah we won so who cares about all that
GCn19

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 01:11:19 PM »

Fenner had a brutal game. He has to either vastly improve or he will play himself out of a job very quickly.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 01:22:35 PM »

Lol. So we should change nothing then? Not even replacing the CB who was targeted 15 times for 11 completions and 150 yards and 7 (!) penalties in 2 games.

But yeah we won so who cares about all that

There is not a team or coach ever that did not try to improve every game, every day7.  Of course you address situations.  BUt changing something that works for the sake of change and optics, no.

Any player on this team either performs or gets an apple and a roadmap.  We have players scouted and ready to come in to our PR, we have players on our PR that are learning the system and pushing the AR backups, and AR backups are there waiting for the opportunity to start.  When a backup exceeds the starters capabilities, either through his own improvement, or the starters decline, he will get a chance to start. 

In the meantime, yes, winning. Keep that up, and the rest works itself out.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
booch

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 01:25:40 PM »

Some of the penalties called on Fenner have been pretty weak and ticky tack...this week tho if Gaitor is out pretty sure we see Fenner back at SAM and most likely Rios at the corner, so we should see some improvement there as Fenner at worst is a more than capable SAM

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 01:36:31 PM »

Some of the penalties called on Fenner have been pretty weak and ticky tack...this week tho if Gaitor is out pretty sure we see Fenner back at SAM and most likely Rios at the corner, so we should see some improvement there as Fenner at worst is a more than capable SAM

I'd be good with that. I'm not loving the Fenner at corner experiment so far.
kkc60

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 01:38:15 PM »

I agree. But still. And also, it's looking like Rios is moving to SAM
kkc60

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 01:40:13 PM »

There is not a team or coach ever that did not try to improve every game, every day7.  Of course you address situations.  BUt changing something that works for the sake of change and optics, no.

Any player on this team either performs or gets an apple and a roadmap.  We have players scouted and ready to come in to our PR, we have players on our PR that are learning the system and pushing the AR backups, and AR backups are there waiting for the opportunity to start.  When a backup exceeds the starters capabilities, either through his own improvement, or the starters decline, he will get a chance to start. 

In the meantime, yes, winning. Keep that up, and the rest works itself out.
Its not for the sake of change or optics though. It's for the sake of the team. 11 receptions for 150 yards is awful. The guy who gave up the 2 Whitehead TDs didn't even have as many yards.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 02:40:15 PM »

I think Fenner is still playing old school CB relying too much on his physicality, if it was before the "no touch" rules he might be more effective.  As it is, move him to another position or reduce him to ST's until he clues in.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: