Blue Bombers Forum
July 03, 2020, 03:05:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bomber Store Gameday Hours/System?  (Read 1061 times)
TecnoGenius

« on: June 26, 2019, 12:59:44 AM »

Does anyone know how the Bomber store works on gamedays?  I'm thinking of getting to the stadium really early, like 1.5 hours early, and I'd like to go buy that bucket hat (I'm hoping they have) that's on my bucket list.  But I'm not sure how the store works on gamedays before kickoff:

1. Is the store open before the gates open?
2. Can I get into the store from the outside before the gates open?
3. Once the gates open, can you get into the store from the outside?  How do they police tickets then?

Ideally I'd arrive 1.5 hours early, buy my hat, and go chill in the tailgate.  The store will probably be busy before kickoff on the first home game day, that is why I want to get there early (and I have time to kill that evening).

Thanks!

Never go full Rider!
Sec223

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 01:55:51 AM »

Have you called the Bombers ?
TecnoGenius

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 04:48:39 AM »

Have you called the Bombers ?

Nope!  Hoping someone here has first-hand experience.  My job (and kids) makes it such that calling anyone during office hours is very tricky.

Never go full Rider!
CoryB

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 08:30:45 PM »

Not sure the period of time before gates open that the store flips to "event" mode.

The tailgate area starts 2 hours before kickoff, so 5.30pm tomorrow.

At that time, or sooner the store will lock their exterior doors and only be accessible from inside the stadium.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 08:34:45 PM »

The Bomber Store will be open for about 30 minutes at the end of game.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
TecnoGenius

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 05:32:54 AM »

Not sure the period of time before gates open that the store flips to "event" mode.

The tailgate area starts 2 hours before kickoff, so 5.30pm tomorrow.

At that time, or sooner the store will lock their exterior doors and only be accessible from inside the stadium.

Ah, that's what I was looking for... so they have "normal" and "event" modes, and that's how they handle the door/ticket entry situation.  I was wondering what they do for that.  Thanks!

So the only question left is what time they switch modes, and whether there's any short "dead time" where neither entrance is open.  I plan on arriving 60-90 mins before KO so I will find out and report back.  I'll even ask an employee!!  Cheesy

And if I miss them beforehand, like ModAdmin says, I can hit them up post-game.  Cheers all!

Never go full Rider!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 05:47:09 AM »

their normal hours for tomorrow is 8 AM to 6 PM, if that helps... I tried to find someplace on the world wide web that could give a clue as to how they handle game days, but no luck... sorry!

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 06:14:43 AM »

their normal hours for tomorrow is 8 AM to 6 PM, if that helps... I tried to find someplace on the world wide web that could give a clue as to how they handle game days, but no luck... sorry!

Thanks 66!  I have a funny feeling the web "normal hours" of 6pm is also for non-game days too, so they might handle things slightly differently on game day.

I thought they might have a dead time, but I doubt they close for a whole 30 mins between modes on GD; with gates opening at 6:30.  You'd think that would be prime selling time.  You're walking up from Pembina to that first gate 80 mins pregame and if you don't want to do the tailgate, stop the Bomber store, it's right there!

Never go full Rider!
blue_or_die

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 12:19:35 PM »

I have no idea but would imagine it would make sense to operate "normally" until the stadium opens to fans (doors to outside open, doors to concourse locked), and then at the 60 minute-until-kickoff when the stadium opens to fans they reverse the locks on the doors.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
bluengold204

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 12:41:55 PM »

Does anyone know how the Bomber store works on gamedays?  I'm thinking of getting to the stadium really early, like 1.5 hours early, and I'd like to go buy that bucket hat (I'm hoping they have) that's on my bucket list.  But I'm not sure how the store works on gamedays before kickoff:

1. Is the store open before the gates open?
2. Can I get into the store from the outside before the gates open?
3. Once the gates open, can you get into the store from the outside?  How do they police tickets then?

I would call to confirm but I would imagine the store works like this.  It will be open with access from the outside prior to gates being opened, once the gates are opened then you can only access it through the inside of the stadium.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 12:44:12 PM by bluengold204 » Logged
CoryB

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »

There simply has to be a dead time at some point between normal (ie non event) access and event only access.

They do not scan people in/out of the store when in event mode and you need to pass through screening/ticket scanning to get into the event. It might be a fairly short window before gates open as there isn't a lot of people around the place when gates open on a weekday. When it gets close to time to open the event doors they likely lock both sets of doors and work to clear out the people in the store and send them out the non-event doors.

With the timeframe you are talking about it won't matter anyway as you will get there after the gates are opened.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: