Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2020, 02:46:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce Home Game Concert Series  (Read 1656 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: June 25, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »

Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce Home Game Concert Series

WINNIPEG, MB., June 24, 2019 - Winnipeg Blue Bomber fans will enjoy some of the best local bands once again this season in the seven-game Concert Series which will see local talent perform both on the Blue & Gold Stage in the tailgate area and at halftime.

The Concert Series, in partnership with POP Entertainment and Management, will include seven halftime performances as well as five pre-game performances from the Blue & Gold Stage.

"We're so excited to be able to present this year's line-up that includes two female fronted bands," said Angie Lamirande, partner at POP Entertainment & Management. "We can't wait to see more incredible local talent on stage over the course of the season and we're sure Bomber fans will love the line-up as much as we do!"

The first halftime concert will feature brother-sister duo, the Reklaws, who will also perform the national anthem June 27th.

SCHEDULE & BIOGRAPHIES:

JUNE 27 - The Reklaws

Fans will recognize the Reklaws? hit, "Long Live the Night", which was the opening intro song for each Thursday Night Football game on CFL on TSN in 2018, and though the duo was scheduled to perform in last year's home opener, inclement weather prevented them from taking the stage.

JULY 12 - Bullrider

Bullrider is a five-piece rock 'n roll band based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Bullrider is comprised of Ben Ferguson (Ash Koley), Chris Peluk (Alverstone, Mad Young Darlings), Tom Sinnott, Erik Pescitelli (Los Mapaches) and Bobby Desjarlais (The Bokononists, Attica Riots).

JULY 19 - Amadians

Formed in 2016, Amadians - Courtney Devon (vocals), James Roth (guitars), Ian Powell (bass), and Kyle Fox (drums) - have spent the past three years working to distill the best components of everything from pop, rock and blues to funk, soul, and jazz, into the sort of songs that not only get inside your bones but that awaken that primal urge inside us all to just cut loose.

AUGUST 8 - Crown Lands

Blistering guitars, pummeling drums and howling vocals... Kevin Comeau and Cody Bowles bring classic psych-rock into the modern musical landscape.  With a sound rooted in the blues, Crown Lands bring a unique, innovative sound influenced by the Prog-Rock masters of yesteryear.

AUGUST 15 - The Treble

Alternative rock band The Treble - Mark Brusegard (vocals), Colin McTavish (keys, synth, rhythm), Graeme Woods (guitar) and Patrick Hansen (Bass, Synth) - were the first band ever to perform at halftime at IG Field in 2017. Their forthcoming sophomore effort is jam-packed with melody-heavy tracks that couple anthemic group harmonies and poignant lyrics with urgent brooding rhythms and soaring electronic flourishes.

SEPTEMBER 7 - Tyler Del Pino

With a ripping guitar and a pure passion for song writing, Manitoba's Tyler Del Pino Band is an organic hybrid of Pop/Rock and Country - Imagine Bryan Adams jamming with Keith Urban. Sonically the band aims to blur the lines between the genres. With the debut EP "The Great Unknown", released early 2018, as a calling card the year will be filled with live performances and touring.

SEPTEMBER 27 - Jenerator

Jennifer's torchy, seductive vocal style is among the finest in the current generation of jazz singers, while her stage presence is that of the classic generation of singers like Rosemary Clooney, Julie London and Vera Lynn. She's definitely not just another voice in the crowd.

About POP Entertainment & Management:

POP Entertainment & Management is a full service marketing, social media, and live event production specializing in music and entertainment focused events. POP is also a boutique talent management company representing youth activist and motivational speaker Michael Redhead Champagne and emerging pop soul band Amadians. We take a creative and innovative approach to live event management, branding and marketing, making us a leader in the industry.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
DM83

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 03:42:27 PM »

Just out of curiosity...How many Alternative rock band fans make up a crowd at a Bomber game?
What is the Bomber crowd average age?
Shouldn't they cater to the older farts who buy the tickets, instead of the 20 "alternative" rock, who don't

Tom Cochrane was at a Eskimoes  game! and we get...... who?

I mean why not Jennifer Hansen or Dancin Gabe.
If Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman are playing a benefit in Toronto, why not hijack them here for 15 minutes? Good try Wade.
squonk

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 05:05:41 PM »

Even at 61 I'm not even vaguely interested Jurassic rock. I think it's great to hear new sounds - kudos to Wade and crew for making that happen!
GCn19

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 05:16:42 PM »

Just out of curiosity...How many Alternative rock band fans make up a crowd at a Bomber game?
Shouldn't they cater to the older farts who buy the tickets, instead of the 20 "alternative" rock, who don't

Tom Cochrane was at a Eskimoes  game! and we get...... who?

I mean why not Jennifer Hansen or Dancin Gabe.
If Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman are playing a benefit in Toronto, why not hijack them here for 15 minutes? Good try Wade.

I think you are vastly overestimating the Bombers budget for these things. Burton and Randy would like consume the budget for the next 10 years of these things.

Also, the whole point of the alt rock is to try and induce the 20 somethings to come to the game not to cater to the season ticket base, they purchase tix for the football game.

I have booked a couple of these bands in the past under different incarnations and for the most part they are pretty talented and come dirt cheap.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:20:20 PM by GCn18 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
CoryB

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 06:09:48 PM »

For perspective the peak of alt rock in the early 90s was more than 25 years ago. The 70s era "classic rock" was 50 years ago. Add about 20 to both those for likely fans of the music. Also as others have said basically getting a balance between the "best available" and "cheapest available" is what the Bombers are trying to balance.

Reality is next to no one, at any age, is buying a ticket to the game to come see a band play for about 20 minutes at halftime on a makeshift stage.
bigbuff33

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 06:22:22 PM »

Remember when GM Cal Murphy brought Gloria Estavan during the Ex at the old stadium...
It did draw a big crowd.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 05:23:48 AM »

Reality is next to no one, at any age, is buying a ticket to the game to come see a band play for about 20 minutes at halftime on a makeshift stage.

Normally I'd agree with you, but my final decision to battle the wife for permission to go on Thursday was clinched by the fact the Reklaws are playing.  I really want to see them, with my son who likes them and has never seen live music up close.

I could see some teens & tweens wanting to go see an act they are obsessing over at the moment, should they be featured.  However, outside a GC, that isn't going to happen due to budget constraints.  None of those bands listed are anything tweens would like  Cheesy  However, like GCn said, the target market is the 20-30 (aka "no kids yet") crowd.

And the playing time is more like <10 minutes (2-3 songs usually).  I think WPG scored the best act of the whole concert series.  Who here doesn't like that song?

Never go full Rider!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 11:27:05 AM »

of course the Bombers are adding this halftime entertainment to hopefully draw more paying customers, but, they may also be trying to give those that attend regularly a little more 'bang for their buck'... whether it's only first, or the second, or both, it's a nice gesture by the club...

you may be surprised though, these acts may not be house hold names but even local acts can have a large following and may come just to support the band... it may not be huge revenue but even if they could draw a few hundred people per name it puts more money in the clubs coffers...

I haven't heard of any of these acts other than the Reklaws, who I do like what little I've heard by them... I really liked their Thursday Night Football intro song... but I'd be interested in hearing these other acts... I'm 56 but you never know what I may be listening to depending on what I'm doing or where I'm at... in my truck I primarily listen to country, I like artist like Luke Combs, Blake Shelton, Cole Swindell, Jasen Aldean etc... but if I'm streaming Pandora, you may find anything from Aerosmith, Van Halen, Guns and Roses to Pearl Jam, Matchbox 20, Candlebox, Black Crows, Hootie and the Blowfish  or more contemporary music such as Adele, Pink, Ed Sheeran, Maroon 5, or Katy Perry...

or maybe even something like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUcisIlT7sM

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
1chad

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 11:37:03 AM »

Remember when GM Cal Murphy brought Gloria Estavan during the Ex at the old stadium...
It did draw a big crowd.

I was just thinking of this!  biggest/longest conga line in Winnipeg!
RebusRankin

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 11:46:22 AM »

Is this not a good example of a marketing tool to try to attract new fans?
GCn19

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 11:50:22 AM »

It's about getting a couple hundred extra people to the game, keeping the thousands of others entertained through the whole event, creating a better game day atmosphere, keeping some people in their seats during half time to clear congestion, and giving small local artists a stage. I think it's a great idea, and a great value add to the game day experience.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 11:56:21 AM »

Is this not a good example of a marketing tool to try to attract new fans?

I think so... but if nothing else you have to commend them for trying to do something...  this and the 'stand and drink' ticket they are implementing, cheaper drafts pre game, and bringing back the $3 menu are all good things...

even though the Bombers are in better shape financially speakings than some other teams, it's nice to see them looking at new ways to make the bottom line better as well as trying to bring a little something extra for the fans...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 12:28:34 PM »

This is great and appears to be a cross-section of genres. There's jazz, pop, rock, country and more. What's not to like?
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 12:52:47 PM »

All good things ... just the standard negative people/comments

We are cutting the price of beer in half for a specific time period - complainers say "the beer is crap and the he times are too short"

We are lowering the price of some food items - complainers say "the selection is too small"

We are offering some local entertainment during halftime - the complainers say "I don't like this music get someone else "

See the trend?  Hopefully the Bombers continue with adding these small value add items to the game day experience. 
blue_or_die

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 01:46:56 PM »

All good things ... just the standard negative people/comments

We are cutting the price of beer in half for a specific time period - complainers say "the beer is crap and the he times are too short"

We are lowering the price of some food items - complainers say "the selection is too small"

We are offering some local entertainment during halftime - the complainers say "I don't like this music get someone else "

See the trend?  Hopefully the Bombers continue with adding these small value add items to the game day experience. 

No kidding.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: