Blue Bombers Forum
May 25, 2020, 07:47:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Andrew Harris Named Shaw Top Performer of the Week  (Read 2075 times)
rubanski

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 01:29:15 PM »

If I read it correctly, according to P Friesen, no RB has EVER led the league in rushing 3 years in a row.

If he does it again this year it'll be record breaking. It would also mean, in all likelihood he'd have a pretty easy crack at 10,000 career years in the 2020 season.

Man is an ageless wonder. It's going to break down fast at some point like it does for all RBs. Week one was a treat to watch from him. Best as I can tell it was his 4th best game ever for rushing yards. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:32:12 PM by rubanski » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 01:39:09 PM »

If I read it correctly, according to P Friesen, no RB has EVER led the league in rushing 3 years in a row.

If he does it again this year it'll be record breaking. It would also mean, in all likelihood he'd have a pretty easy crack at 10,000 career years in the 2020 season.

Man is an ageless wonder. It's going to break down fast at some point like it does for all RBs. Week one was a treat to watch from him. Best as I can tell it was his 4th best game ever for rushing yards. 

It would be a nice record. I'm sure he'd be happier staying healthy and getting to the WDF. It's not impossible to accomplish both as long as we're aware of whatever toll it's taking.

Similar to game 18 last year where situation allowed him to win the rush title and then sit out the rest of the game.

Once we're 15 - 0 this season we can rest him a little more in the last 3 games. Smiley

No more excuses.
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 02:01:37 PM »

I would hope there are some Eastern teams that the game is wrapped up pretty quickly.  And in those he gets rest.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 04:13:56 PM »

It would be wise to keep AH fresh by spelling him off when game situations allow. Whether that is by using more plays to Oliveria, Demski or more passing plays than run focused plays.

Like I said it will depend on game situation and opponent etc. It's not an easy decision to make in closer games.

I didn't notice if Oliviera even touched the field, I thought they would bring him in as FB a few times but they continue to trot out Rush in that position.  Definitely want to see Nichols and Harris spelled when games are in hand, it's not as if leads will evaporate without their presence as it mostly comes down to how the D is performing.
GCn19

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 04:39:03 PM »

I am hoping we can rest him for a couple weeks before the playoffs. Either through bye (1st place finish) or even better we have it wrapped up with a couple weeks to go.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 04:44:05 PM »

I didn't notice if Oliviera even touched the field, I thought they would bring him in as FB a few times but they continue to trot out Rush in that position.  Definitely want to see Nichols and Harris spelled when games are in hand, it's not as if leads will evaporate without their presence as it mostly comes down to how the D is performing.

Game was still in the balance until Q4 so it was necessary to keep starters in that long. Also they needed game reps due to short pre season. The situation will change week to week.

No more excuses.
Jesse

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 04:59:51 PM »

Week one for a rookie? I didn't expect to see him.

Let's ease him in.

My wife is amazing!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2019, 05:16:16 AM »

for those that are curious... last week's rushing yards (148) by Mr. Harris was his 3rd best total as a Bomber... also, last week's total yards (175) was also Mr. Harris' 3rd best total yards for a game as a Bomber...

looking at his numbers by season while with the Bombers:

2018 - avg 77 yds rushing per game, avg 25 yds receiving per game, avg 102 total yds per game, 5 games of 100+ yds rushing, 2 games of 148+ yds rushing
2017 - avg 58 yds rushing per game, avg 48 yds receiving per game, avg 106 total yds per game, 2 games of 100+ yds rushing, 0 games of 148+ yds rushing
2016 - avg 65 yds rushing per game, avg 42 yds receiving per game, avg 107 total yds per game, 2 games of 100+ yds rushing, 0 games of 148+ yds rushing

it will be interesting to see as the year goes on if Harris will continue to defy conventional thinking, as well as age, and build on this fast start in route to having a career year and a 3rd consecutive CFL rushing title!

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
TBURGESS

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2019, 01:39:57 PM »

FTR: George Reed was the rushing leader 5 straight years, '65 thru '69. Mike Pringle was the rushing leader 4 straight years, '97 thru 2000.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
blue girl

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2019, 06:46:38 PM »

FTR: George Reed was the rushing leader 5 straight years, '65 thru '69. Mike Pringle was the rushing leader 4 straight years, '97 thru 2000.
I believe what Friesen said was that no Bomber had ever led the league in rushing 3 years in a row.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: