Blue Bombers Forum
August 19, 2019, 01:40:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Food Banks  (Read 180 times)
Pigskin

« on: July 13, 2019, 06:33:45 PM »

Okay bomber fans, many of the food banks in Winnipeg have a need for food and water. Water is very important at this time of the year. Places like West Broadway, Agape Table, and Elim Chapel, all provide for the homeless and people in need. Food supplies dwindle at this time of the year as many of us forget that these people are in need 12 months of the year, no just in the winter months. Anything will help, however keep in mind that many of these people live out of a pack sack. Small personnel size item make easier on them. I usually buy most of my item at the Dollar store as they carry the small sized items. A $2 small jar of peanut butter can go a long way.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 04:23:56 PM »

Okay bomber fans, many of the food banks in Winnipeg have a need for food and water. Water is very important at this time of the year. Places like West Broadway, Agape Table, and Elim Chapel, all provide for the homeless and people in need. Food supplies dwindle at this time of the year as many of us forget that these people are in need 12 months of the year, no just in the winter months. Anything will help, however keep in mind that many of these people live out of a pack sack. Small personnel size item make easier on them. I usually buy most of my item at the Dollar store as they carry the small sized items. A $2 small jar of peanut butter can go a long way.

An honest question for the uninformed, like myself, I understand food but why do these places need water? Are they handing out bottles of water or something? Surely they have access to municipal water at all of these locations. Is it the container that is the issue?
Pigskin

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 02:14:55 AM »

On a day like this a cold bottle of water goes a long to help these people stay hydrated, cooling  them drop a bit, and yes the bottle is import as they can refill it at different locations around the city.
Pigskin

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 07:09:04 PM »

Thank you to the board member that dropped off 10 cases of water at one of the three places I mentioned earlier in this thread. Nice, thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: