Blue Bombers Forum
July 24, 2019, 12:17:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Streets  (Read 259 times)
Pigskin

« on: June 18, 2019, 03:12:42 AM »

Wow, was in the west end of the city tonight. It looks like someone dumped soil all over the streets and side walks. Very slippery with the rain we received. After a closer inspection I found out that it's worm crap. Did the City of Winnipeg stop the tree banding program?
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 04:16:18 AM »

Wow, was in the west end of the city tonight. It looks like someone dumped soil all over the streets and side walks. Very slippery with the rain we received. After a closer inspection I found out that it's worm crap. Did the City of Winnipeg stop the tree banding program?

LOL   The city is a bit if a **** show it seems.   Ths trasit thing is a mess. I work in the Fort Garry area and they have been here for 4 years and we ask the guys how long it will take and they have no clue.  They have built a street and tore it apart 3 times now. Same street.  I dont get it. The corner of Chevria and pembina has been rebuild 3 years in a row. same spot

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
blue_or_die

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:59:58 AM »

The worms have taken over in some parts, it seems. I was at my parents' for Fathers Day on Sunday and almost wiped out on their sidewalk. Weird, because there are none in my area.
Jesse

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 12:45:37 PM »

I live in Wolseley and we are literally covered in worms. This year sn't even as bad as the last couple when there were thousands of webs that stretched out between buildings and stop signs, etc.

And yes, the streets and sidewalks are just brown goo.

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 02:29:28 PM »

My daughter was saying she now has to use the back alleys to get to the dog park. My daughters council is Gilroy, tried calling her yesterday morning. Still no response.

When did the tree banding in Winnipeg stop?
bluengold204

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 02:50:14 PM »

Not sure if they ever tree banded, the city recommends doing it to your own trees on your property.  They do spray and heard that the west end, river heights, and north kildonan will be targeted right now cause they have the largest population of cankerworms.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 02:55:19 PM »

It's strange how the caterpillars are so intense in some areas. I live in south WPG and have seen a total of one caterpillar. The trees, sidewalks, plants are all fine. I know areas of Transcona are covered in the caterpillars too.
Pigskin

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 05:45:16 PM »

Two years ago there was a young lady banding trees on my daughters street. I thought she worked for the city. Wow, she was doing it on her own?? I hear you have to band in September?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: