Blue Bombers Forum
March 30, 2020, 04:51:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Lawrence suspended...  (Read 10457 times)
rubanski

« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2019, 01:47:57 PM »

Ask Smilin' Hank if Simoni is a dirty player... he stated so right on the air.  I believe Hank.  We all saw it.  He intended to go after Hank's bum knee the first chance he got.  And he did.  That's what Simoni does.

Everyone knew Collaros' head was jello and one whack would take him out for 6+ games.  Simoni intended to go after the big target the first chance he got.  And he did.  That's what Simoni does.  Heck, Collaros, like Hank, was calling out Simoni on it afterwards.  And Zach isn't normally a raucous player.  I believe Zach.

To be fair to Simoni, in the "old" game of football (i.e. more than a couple of years ago) doing these things was his job!  He was encouraged by everyone and taught how to decapitate QBs.  That was his job!!  Keyword here is WAS.  CFL wants QBs to hang around longer than 3 plays now, so now we have to drill it in the Simonis out there that we can't have this garbage anymore.

Chevelle is right: the main thing here is Zach was giving himself up... for like an hour before Simoni brought the hit.  Even the Burris play wasn't that egregious.  Everyone saw it on TV.  All of Canada collectively held their breath knowing it was likely Zach doesn't get back up.  There absolutely must be new precedent set that this type of crap is not tolerated.

Let's not let the TiCat coaches off the hook either: their DL/LBs are some of the nastiest buggers in the CFL.  They're coached that way.  T.Laurent is probably dirtier than Simoni.  Just ask A.Harris.  They all play a brand of football that we all used to love, but have collectively decided to say goodbye to.  So let's say goodbye to the hits, and to Simoni for two games.

Fair enough thoughts, but keep in mind a couple things.

You're talking about a "different era", not long ago when this stuff was encouraged. Was that 2015 when the Hank incident took place?

Hank is and always has been a cry baby. I'm not saying the 2015 hit wasn't dirty - Just that we should take Hank's "woe is me" comments with a grain of salt.

When he won the Grey Cup in Calgary he went on the most strange post game rant about how everyone in the world said he'd never win a cup and was trash and they're all wrong. I think we all remember his tirade against the TSN panel as a Red Black a couple years ago. Simply because they were suggesting he was getting long in the tooth, and Trevor Harris deserved some starts.

Just a guy that takes everything said or done against him a little too personally.

Here's my Zach rant... stop playing football please. It's Buck Pierce all over again. I hate the hit Collaros took, but most of all I hate that a guy who's brain is jelly already, is going out there again and again. It's not going to stop happening to him.
theaardvark

« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2019, 02:53:57 PM »

Yes, it was a "Different Era", just like today is a different era when it comes to player safety.  There are no measures that should be considered "too much" when it come to protecting players, especially QBs. 

Hitting a vulnerable player in the head with your helmet should be more than a penalty and a suspension, it could be considered attempted murder...  or at least assault with a deadly weapon.  The total lack of actual remorse (sure, he said "Sorry", but did he mean it?  His appeal says "No") just fans the flames.

The league has to uphold the full punishment (or more) and send a message, and the CFLPA should applaud that message.

In case you missed it, here is the video of the hit.  Watch SL's reaction after the hit, the "OMG, you gonna throw a flag on that?" hands in the air reaction...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=454675895307942

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2019, 04:19:18 PM »

Still waiting for some sort of announcement.  Another delay wouldn't be good PR. Aside from this situation there needs to be a change in the process to expedite this in a reasonable time frame.

I see the Ticats have the bye this week. Regardless the decision should have been made and announced this morning as far as I'm concerned.

They've played FOUR games since the incident at this point.

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2019, 04:26:27 PM »

Yes, this is a little crazy. This was a one day decision.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2019, 07:59:41 PM »

it?s brutal still no decision

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2019, 08:04:57 PM »

hope it happen next week  Cheesy
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2019, 11:04:39 PM »

They sent it to an arbitrator, he charges by the hour....could take weeks!
DM83

« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2019, 05:08:12 AM »

Kind of a joke it has taken this long
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2019, 03:10:48 PM »

From twitter:

Being told the arbitrator's decision regarding Simoni Lawrence's suspension appeal is expected to come down today around noon
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2019, 03:12:39 PM »

And it's here:

Simoni Lawrence 2 game suspension upheld. @CFLonTSN @TSN_Sports

Jesse

« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2019, 03:18:56 PM »

And it's here:

Woot woot.

My wife is amazing!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2019, 03:20:31 PM »

Darrin Bauming
‏ @DarrinBauming
7m7 minutes ago

Darrin Bauming Retweeted Farhan Lalji

(Lawrence) will miss a game against the #Bombers on July 26.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
BlueInCgy

« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2019, 03:22:18 PM »

And it's here:

Ho lee krap.  Did not expect that to actually be the end result.  Precedent setting.
Blue In BC

« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2019, 03:23:50 PM »

Finally some teeth in the decision making.

On the flip side have we heard anything new about Collaros? He's missed 3 games since going on the 6 game IR.

Realistically I don't see him coming off early based on his past injuries. OTOH I'm not sure he comes off at all in 2019.

His long term health are progressively at risk if he continues playing. There are things more important than playing football.

No more excuses.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2019, 03:26:23 PM »

Great news, but as others have said, this should have been decided way sooner. It?s nice to know Nichols won?t be headhunted when we play them in a couple of weeks!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  

Jump to: