Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:31:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Lawrence suspended...  (Read 4759 times)
rubanski

« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2019, 07:52:39 PM »

He's not a first time offender, he is a known dirty player.

Define "dirty player". Because according to the CBA, so league and it's players, he is not in fact a dirty player.
rubanski

« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2019, 07:59:13 PM »

A person with character and integrity would accept that what he did was wrong, and accept his punishment without appealing.

So to summarize your thoughts - a person who does something wrong should accept the penalty regardless of whether or not it's fair.

Sorry, this isn't communist Russia. Simoni has the right to ask if the penalty was fair via in independent arbitrator.

bunker

« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2019, 08:01:55 PM »

I think it will be reduced to one game based on precedent. I think the CFL knows this but preferred the optics of at least being shown to try for a 2 game suspension.
Blue In BC

« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2019, 08:05:31 PM »

Define "dirty player". Because according to the CBA, so league and it's players, he is not in fact a dirty player.

Multiple RP penalties during the course of his career. Unnecessary or late hits that resulted in those RP's.

It's not a complicated assessment.

No more excuses.
Horseman

« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2019, 12:39:06 AM »

So to summarize your thoughts - a person who does something wrong should accept the penalty regardless of whether or not it's fair.

Sorry, this isn't communist Russia. Simoni has the right to ask if the penalty was fair via in independent arbitrator.

The penalty is/was fair...end of story, if you don't think a 2 game suspension was fair for that hit...well, it is hopeless for you.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2019, 12:41:26 AM »

2 better be upheld and of pk to hell is a hand basket.

He should not start against the BB and RR.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2019, 02:25:05 AM »

Yah, well they're not!  They are prepared to protect "QB's" from dirty hits, not other players!  Look at the Rainey return this past WE, Herdman was not penalized, fined or suspended for an extremely dangerous hit.  It would not be difficult to point out many similar head-shots that happen every week that are not addressed by the league.
That herdman hit was ridiculous and shows how far the league has got to go in terms of protecting the heads and health of its players. How do the officials miss such an obvious hit?? It was to the ball carrier, it?s not like it was away from the play or anything. Same for the Harris facemask. What the heck are you watching if you miss a foul to the head of the ball carrier?!?! And even if/when the on field officials miss these calls, and they ll miss more, the command centre has got to step in and call the foul.

To me, herdman should have been at least fined for that hit. It was uncontrolled and high and reckless. Total joke it went unpenaltized, and no fine or suspension. Total joke.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2019, 05:49:19 AM »

Multiple RP penalties during the course of his career. Unnecessary or late hits that resulted in those RP's.

you don't have to even go to prior history, just watch the hit that he is currently appealing... he clearly meant to do nothing but hurt a player that was already in process of giving himself up... the way he lowered his head and shoulder then took aim as him came as fast and as hard as he could directly at the head area...  it was the type of clearly blatant hit that needs to be eliminated from the game...

there is a difference between getting to a QB late, especially if you already have your energy heading that direction and unable to pull up... still a penalty but not necessarily done with malice...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
rubanski

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2019, 12:43:59 PM »

Multiple RP penalties absolutely does not factor in when it comes to assessing whether or not someone is a first time offender.

Simoni has simply never been penalized for on field behaviour, other than run of the mill in game penalties. This is the first time he has crossed the line in the eyes of the league.
rubanski

« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2019, 12:52:29 PM »

The penalty is/was fair...end of story, if you don't think a 2 game suspension was fair for that hit...well, it is hopeless for you.

It's not "my opinion". Based on past suspensions, the penalty is unjust. No first time offender has ever received such a harsh penalty for a late, concussion causing, head shot.

The reality is, the league is trying to reset the suspension bar. Simoni is merely fighting for the old punishment. The big problem is that the punishment isn't defined or set in stone - Ambrosie gets to dole out whatever he deems fit to the offender (up to CBA maximums).

I think 2 games is a great idea, and I hope it sticks.
Blue In BC

« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2019, 12:59:27 PM »

Multiple RP penalties absolutely does not factor in when it comes to assessing whether or not someone is a first time offender.

Simoni has simply never been penalized for on field behaviour, other than run of the mill in game penalties. This is the first time he has crossed the line in the eyes of the league.

Taking a RP penalty is for on field behaviour.

No more excuses.
Horseman

« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2019, 12:59:35 PM »

It's not "my opinion". Based on past suspensions, the penalty is unjust. No first time offender has ever received such a harsh penalty for a late, concussion causing, head shot.

The reality is, the league is trying to reset the suspension bar. Simoni is merely fighting for the old punishment. The big problem is that the punishment isn't defined or set in stone - Ambrosie gets to dole out whatever he deems fit to the offender (up to CBA maximums).

I think 2 games is a great idea, and I hope it sticks.

The penalty is unjust?HuhHuh?...Yeah okay, you must be related to SL as no one else feels the suspension in unjust.
blue_or_die

« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2019, 01:02:22 PM »

You don't think the process looks at the number of "dirty" things like RTP, UR, etc when assessing these situations? You're technically correct that he is by definition as first time offender, but that doesn't mean his history ought not to be considered even if they were just major fouls. I ask this question seriously because I'm not actually sure if they do look at penalty history. Maybe they don't, and that's what you're going on?
rubanski

« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2019, 01:52:34 PM »

Taking a RP penalty is for on field behaviour.

It's not behaviour that has ever resulted in him being fined or suspended. It's therefore not considered. He is, in the eyes of the rule book, a clean player.
Blue In BC

« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2019, 02:03:15 PM »

It's not behaviour that has ever resulted in him being fined or suspended. It's therefore not considered. He is, in the eyes of the rule book, a clean player.

That's not close to correct. Players taking a RP penalty are often fined. Hardrick was fined this week for a RP penalty he took for a 2 hand shot to the head the resulted in Adams TD being called back.

He was not disqualified or suspended. Fined only. Hardrick is not a dirty player but it was a stupid decision. Why he did that is between him, the league and his coaches.

Lawrence Dean ( Hamilton ) was also fined for a high hit. Not sure if he took a RP during the game.

Every game is reviewed by the league. Players may be fined after the fact and / or because of a given penalty.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:52:39 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
  Print  

Jump to: