Blue Bombers Forum
July 04, 2020, 02:40:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TSN Direct worth it?  (Read 5282 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 06:28:27 PM »

I just signed up, I used the VPN and had to provide a fake zip code my e-mail address and a US C.C. to create an account.  Free 7 day trial and after that $4.99/mth. to watch hundreds of events I have no interest in watching.  I'll let you know how it goes.

you'll like it... I have the ESPN+ and I hook my laptop up to my 55" 4K TV via a HDMI cable and it looks great...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 06:49:15 PM »

What's the quality like?

It frosts my cookies that you can get all the CFL games on ESPN+ for $4.99 a month when it costs $19.99 to get them in Canada.

you choose the quality 600kbs bit rate right to HD.  Lots of links.  Works exceptionally well.  I watch in low bit rate as I have limited data.

Streaming is awesome, if you are used to analog TV... man, I can't even abide standard def anymore, it is HD or better for me.  Just bought a 4k firestick, so now I need a 4k TV... and then a 4k service provider...

But hey, if you wear an eyepatch on one eye, then streaming is more than adequate, right?

not sure about 4k but you can stream in HD, been doing it for years

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 06:51:51 PM »

Quality doesn't matter much if you're watching on the phone, but I want to watch on my TV, so it matters to me.

I'll likely end up with TSN Direct again this year, even tho they treated me badly last year and are expensive. Still nice to have options.

I go from lappy to 60" tv, works fine

pjrocksmb

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2019, 06:52:28 PM »

Streaming is awesome, if you are used to analog TV... man, I can't even abide standard def anymore, it is HD or better for me.  Just bought a 4k firestick, so now I need a 4k TV... and then a 4k service provider...

But hey, if you wear an eyepatch on one eye, then streaming is more than adequate, right?

good joke, I didn't get it the 1st time LOL

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2019, 06:57:31 PM »

you'll like it... I have the ESPN+ and I hook my laptop up to my 55" 4K TV via a HDMI cable and it looks great...

It does look good, unbelievable variety of programming to choose from.  How long are the CFL game replays usually accessible?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:24:55 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
66 Chevelle

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2019, 07:48:00 PM »

It does look good, unbelievable variety of programming to choose from.  How long are the CFL game replays usually accessible?

if it is the same as last year you can access the replay almost immediately after the game is over until the next game... the good thing about the replays is that they strip the commercials out of them and you can rewind and fast forward... if memory serves me correctly, during the live feed you can't rewind... but for $5 a month it's pretty hard to beat...

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2019, 03:38:08 AM »

ESPN site doesn't look like it's going to work out for me despite hiding my location through a VPN, tried to stream the Als/Esks game and it asked me to sign in with my TV Provider (ain't got one) much like TSN Direct does.  These companies seem to be intent on blocking cable cutters from streaming their content, but our legion is growing.

I've had good success streaming the NHL playoffs and CFL pre-season games through the following site lately.

http://myfeed2all.eu/type/football.html

Site seems to be reliable with no buffering issues at all, but certainly not HD quality and no game replay ability. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 03:40:13 AM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
66 Chevelle

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2019, 07:10:50 AM »

there is a difference between ESPN3 and ESPN+... with '3' it will ask you for your cable provider because it's free if you have one of the services they have an agreement with... ESPN+ though, is outside of any cable agreement and can be had stand alone for the $5 per month deal...

they don't make it easy for the common person to understand whats going on with their sites, that's for sure... the 2 look almost identical too boot... but here is a link to '+' if you wanted to try again... I don't know for sure, but, they use to give you a 7 day free trail up front, so there's that...

http://www.espn.com/watch/espnplus

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »

there is a difference between ESPN3 and ESPN+... with '3' it will ask you for your cable provider because it's free if you have one of the services they have an agreement with... ESPN+ though, is outside of any cable agreement and can be had stand alone for the $5 per month deal...

they don't make it easy for the common person to understand whats going on with their sites, that's for sure... the 2 look almost identical too boot... but here is a link to '+' if you wanted to try again... I don't know for sure, but, they use to give you a 7 day free trail up front, so there's that...

http://www.espn.com/watch/espnplus

Thanks I'll give it another shot, perhaps you're right and I signed up for ESPN instead of specifically ESPN+ but the site navigation and communication looks the same everywhere, so it's easy to get lost.

Edit: Tonight's Bomber game listed as being shown on ESPN2, not ESPN+.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 01:22:08 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 07:51:54 PM »

Interesting, hopefully TSN absorbs this information and applies it to the CFL media.

TSN Retweeted

Bell Media PR
@BellMediaPR
Digital platforms recorded massive engagement, with http://CP24.com  setting records of more than 1.5 million visits and 830,000 video views, and @TSN_Sports recording more than 150,000 live stream views, 4.5 million page views, and 29.2 million social media impressions
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: