Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:33:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greenies vs tigers GDT  (Read 2228 times)
Tiger

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2019, 03:11:51 AM »

How did that happen?  Is Tabbie O that bad or Rider D that good?  It should not have been this close and Tabies would have lost but for good and lucky ST.  You can?t count on ST to score points. It is stills early in the season.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2019, 03:21:37 AM »

How did that happen?  Is Tabbie O that bad or Rider D that good?  It should not have been this close and Tabies would have lost but for good and lucky ST.  You can?t count on ST to score points. It is stills early in the season.

Its the CFL 

All kinds of weird **** may happen.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2019, 03:26:20 AM »

Usually takes a few games for offences to be consistent...riders have a solid defence too - they may just be tired after 3 games though. 
Tehedra

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2019, 03:43:29 AM »

I think that was Jonathan Rose.
The CBA says the maximum fine is 1/2 a game cheque.
I?m not aware it does not allow a player to be suspended, although any suspension might be appealed by the player and the CFLPA. Kyries Hebert got two games last year as a repeat offender.

Thanks you are right I was thinking Rose and for some reason wrote Winston lol
Pigskin

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2019, 04:06:12 AM »

Lawrence will get one game. 
TecnoGenius

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2019, 05:36:50 AM »

Riders fans must be up in arms on their forum... gonna check it out right after.

Zach lasts 1 minute.  Are we surprised?  No one has said yet how stupid a decision that run was.  You're the most-concussed QB in the history of the CFL with jello for brains and you take a run up the gut with 3 LB's bearing down on you?  I watched it a few times and I don't think that was called, I think that was Collaros' decision because of coverage.  Dumb decision, Collaros.  Sit back in the darn pocket and just stay there.  What on earth are you trying to prove?  (Or maybe he wants a year's paycheque without having to do any work for it, like '18?)

He takes off and all of Canada is cringing that he's going to get hurt, and sure enough he gets hurt.  Stupid move.  Since he never comes back from concussions quickly (was it 8 weeks last year and still didn't come back?), SSK is screwed, blued and tattooed.

Of course Simoni is 100% to blame and that was a mega-dirty hit.  Just like Willis, he knew 100% he wanted to take Zach out of the game, and he did, and he's pleased as punch he did.  But to do it on a slide, with pretty blatant timing, that's just low.  Just because the league won't protect the refs properly anymore, doesn't mean Simoni gets away with it.  He's getting the book thrown at him.  At least 1 game suspension.

I am shocked he wasn't ejected.  I'm not sure, but I hope the new rules don't preclude an ejection after the 1st offence in the game.  They should always have the option to eject.

I'm no Rider fan, but I really feel for Zach and the Rider fans.  Their fault for hiring Mr. Concussion again, but to lose him in such a way is just horrible.

The worst part is we didn't get to see what Zach had in the tank.  I wanted to see if Zach could still dazzle and get it done.  He showed some moments last year, but never really got into a rhythm.  I think he's hopeless, but I wanted him to get his chance.

HAM was playing like garbage tonight.  Was it all J.Jones last year?  Cause Steinhauer is looking pathetic.  Did their OC change?  Pathetic.  Where are all the bootlegs and scrambles and running throws that made Masoli great last year?  Where's all the max-pro and impenetrable OL/FB?  Where's Banks running across the whole field for 25yd catches at the rail every 60 seconds?  This didn't look at all like '18 HAM, and that's a shock because, like WPG, they had the most consistency in the off-season.

Is Masoli hurt?  What's he doing sitting in the pocket all day?  And he seemed bummed out the whole time.  Just dead expressions on his face.

Funny watching Breaux get burned all night long by nobody QBs.

Is this just week 1 jitters for everyone?  Guess we'll see what the other teams do.  If this is our competition this year, and WPG merely maintains '18 form, we are going to really clean up.

And the refs missed a ton of procedures and offsides and all sorts of simple stuff.  And that Banks catch was a catch, the field guy called it a catch, and the EITS said no.  I don't like it, I think field judge should call it and other team needs to challenge.  Or call it a catch and have EITS send it to command review.  I saw no clear evidence Banks didn't cradle that ball on the turf, and by normal review rules, that is not enough to overturn.  Now we get EITS just acting on whims without the normal procedure or threshold for overturning?  Meh.

If I'm a team with a good backup QB, I'd be tying him down around now (like us with Strev).  SSK is going to be desperate.  They should hire Bennett.  Or Glenn is coming back... or maybe get Jennings from OTT?

Sorry, long post, kind of disappointed in how the season started... hope the other 3 games are far better.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2019, 05:40:26 AM »

Oh ya, and Zach goes down and the SSK O becomes a carbon copy of the Bridge O in '18?  Run, run, run, screen, run, run.  Hilarious.  New HC doesn't come up with new O schemes?

Most pathetic of all is SSK was the better team out there.  They could have easily won.  If Zach had been in the whole game and been half as good as Nichols SSK would have won.  HAM was really not playing to form.  If this is the HAM we face in the GC, we're going to win it 50-0.

More bad reffing: the DPI on Breaux in 1Q was bogus, and the non-DPI on a Banks non-catch later on was DPI with a blatant jersey tug, the one Banks is chirping at the ref for.  Someone should have challenged those: instead the only challenge of the game was by Dickerson on what he obviously was never going to win.  He'll need some more tutoring from brother Dave.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 05:47:05 AM by TecnoGenius » Logged
TBURGESS

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2019, 01:34:39 PM »

I'm old enough to remember 4 preseason games. This one looked like game 3's.

Horrible for the Riders to lose not 1, but 2 QB's. At least the 3rd string looked OK. Can't blame him for the 3rd down pick, he had to throw that ball or he's giving them the ball where he's tackled. Can't blame him for the hail Mary pick either. Putting the ball into traffic in the endzone is the way that play works. This game shows why the CFL shouldn't be going to only 2 QB's on the roster.

I think everyone knew that Collaros would be out with a concussion sometime this year. Sad to see it on the 3rd play of their first game, especially on a cheap shot like that. Should be a suspension, but probably won't be.

Masoli was off. Looks like he didn't get many reps in the 2 preseason games. I'm sure he'll scrape the rust off an start hitting his targets. Maybe he didn't run because he knew that the Riders would take his head off, legally or not, if they got a chance. What's with this new CFL thing of only playing staring QB's for less than a half in the preseason?

Now that I've seen the Riders play a real game, I have to say their defence still looks good and their offence still looks bad. I can't imagine that their defence is going to score as many points as last year which equals less wins.

I hope the rest of the games this weekend are better than this one was, but I'm expecting more game 3's.

Being right never gets old.
Blue In BC

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2019, 01:40:25 PM »

If the league has more to say about Simoni after last night it should happen TODAY. After the Rose decision I'm not expecting anything other than a fine of undisclosed amount was levied.

Pitiful.

No more excuses.
Ridermania

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2019, 01:49:05 PM »

I don't think the league has the balls to give Lawrence any suspension.

It will only be a one game fine.
BigBlueCrew

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2019, 01:54:39 PM »

Riders fans must be up in arms on their forum... gonna check it out right after.

Zach lasts 1 minute.  Are we surprised?  No one has said yet how stupid a decision that run was.  You're the most-concussed QB in the history of the CFL with jello for brains and you take a run up the gut with 3 LB's bearing down on you?  I watched it a few times and I don't think that was called, I think that was Collaros' decision because of coverage.  Dumb decision, Collaros.  Sit back in the darn pocket and just stay there.  What on earth are you trying to prove?  (Or maybe he wants a year's paycheque without having to do any work for it, like '18?)

He takes off and all of Canada is cringing that he's going to get hurt, and sure enough he gets hurt.  Stupid move.  Since he never comes back from concussions quickly (was it 8 weeks last year and still didn't come back?), SSK is screwed, blued and tattooed.

Of course Simoni is 100% to blame and that was a mega-dirty hit.  Just like Willis, he knew 100% he wanted to take Zach out of the game, and he did, and he's pleased as punch he did.  But to do it on a slide, with pretty blatant timing, that's just low.  Just because the league won't protect the refs properly anymore, doesn't mean Simoni gets away with it.  He's getting the book thrown at him.  At least 1 game suspension.

I am shocked he wasn't ejected.  I'm not sure, but I hope the new rules don't preclude an ejection after the 1st offence in the game.  They should always have the option to eject.

I'm no Rider fan, but I really feel for Zach and the Rider fans.  Their fault for hiring Mr. Concussion again, but to lose him in such a way is just horrible.

The worst part is we didn't get to see what Zach had in the tank.  I wanted to see if Zach could still dazzle and get it done.  He showed some moments last year, but never really got into a rhythm.  I think he's hopeless, but I wanted him to get his chance.

HAM was playing like garbage tonight.  Was it all J.Jones last year?  Cause Steinhauer is looking pathetic.  Did their OC change?  Pathetic.  Where are all the bootlegs and scrambles and running throws that made Masoli great last year?  Where's all the max-pro and impenetrable OL/FB?  Where's Banks running across the whole field for 25yd catches at the rail every 60 seconds?  This didn't look at all like '18 HAM, and that's a shock because, like WPG, they had the most consistency in the off-season.

Is Masoli hurt?  What's he doing sitting in the pocket all day?  And he seemed bummed out the whole time.  Just dead expressions on his face.

Funny watching Breaux get burned all night long by nobody QBs.

Is this just week 1 jitters for everyone?  Guess we'll see what the other teams do.  If this is our competition this year, and WPG merely maintains '18 form, we are going to really clean up.

And the refs missed a ton of procedures and offsides and all sorts of simple stuff.  And that Banks catch was a catch, the field guy called it a catch, and the EITS said no.  I don't like it, I think field judge should call it and other team needs to challenge.  Or call it a catch and have EITS send it to command review.  I saw no clear evidence Banks didn't cradle that ball on the turf, and by normal review rules, that is not enough to overturn.  Now we get EITS just acting on whims without the normal procedure or threshold for overturning?  Meh.

If I'm a team with a good backup QB, I'd be tying him down around now (like us with Strev).  SSK is going to be desperate.  They should hire Bennett.  Or Glenn is coming back... or maybe get Jennings from OTT?

Sorry, long post, kind of disappointed in how the season started... hope the other 3 games are far better.

No no, a stupid decision would be to run and lower your head instead of slide. He actually slid and should never have been hit. A dirty SOB is still going to find a way to make a dirty hit
BlueInCgy

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2019, 01:57:36 PM »

If the league has more to say about Simoni after last night it should happen TODAY. After the Rose decision I'm not expecting anything other than a fine of undisclosed amount was levied.

Pitiful.

Agreed, it needs to happen before the kickoff of the next game.  If it doesn't happen, and it won't, then all the pretense of the rule changes for player protection are pretty much void, as they simply don't have a lot of teeth.  

I too agree that in blatant cheap shots like this one, the offending player should miss at least as many games as the injured player, or rather, that they are suspended indefinitely until such a time as the injured player returns, and at that point, any additional game penalties are then assessed.  If the injured player never returns, the offending player never returns.

To the point of Collaros making a stupid decision to run, that's simply not accurate.  He did everything he was supposed to do in that situation, and even gave himself up old school (feet first, even though he could have gone head first with the new rule changes and he is provided the same "protection").  He was not in the wrong, as there's no reasonable way he could have expected an outcome like the one he received.
theaardvark

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2019, 02:01:03 PM »

So, the East is undefeated against the W so far this year... enjoy it for the moment East...

Lawrence sure could have avoided that hit.  No question.  e followed through with disastrous consequences.  He should have at least 2 game suspension, 6 would be more appropriate.  Its not like he is an angel who made one bad mistake...

I didn't see the game, and my PVR was changed since last season, so no preset for taping, did Fajardo get concussed?  Is that why Harker was in?  

Which one, or both, get a phone call today?  Bennett or Glenn?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2019, 02:08:21 PM »

Good QBs are essential to the CFL and that hit on Collaros while in a slide deserves a one game minimum suspension.   The hit was targeted and Lawrence can say whatever and he's sorry but the replay clearly shows intent to injure a QB in a vulnerable position.   Our officiating once again appears to be bush League at best!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
kkc60

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2019, 02:25:27 PM »

The run wasn't stupid. It was a clean slide. He made the right play. Good on hom for not going all "dear in headlights" like a certain ex-Bomber QB.

As for the "maybe he just wants to collect a pay cheque while doing nothing like last year". I'd scrap that. 1)no player wants to get injured. Injuries suck. 2) I know for a fact if the teams were switched and someone said that about a Bomber player, you would scoff at the mere idea.

But to reiterate, it wasn't a stupid move running. It was doing what was best at the time. If he sits back and takes sack after sack, that's much worse. Hindsight is hindsight but 99% of the time the defenders aren't making scumbag moves like Lawrence did
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: