Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:29:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greenies vs tigers GDT  (Read 2220 times)
1chad

« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2019, 04:57:33 PM »

The may need to represent him, but do they have to give up their player safety stance in doing so?  

Can the "defend" him by saying "Yup, he did it, guilty, please can we have a slightly lower sentence?"  And then when the league says "No, in fact, since you appealed, he gets 4 games", they say, "We tried"...  

I get that Lawrence is a member and pays for the right to be defended by the PA.  But he may have ended a players career, a player also defended by the PA.  How can the PA fight both sides?  They have to choose to defend the player NOT breaking player safety guidelines.  

I always think about similar actions in the NHL, when the NHLPA defends the player being suspended or fined and does not represent the interests of the player who was injured.  A commentator said the NHL, as the disciplinary body, takes on de facto representation of the injured player's interests while the NHLPA represents the player being fined.  I suspect a similar dynamic is in play with the CFL and the CFLPA.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: