Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:31:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greenies vs tigers GDT  (Read 2226 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2019, 12:46:26 PM »

Victim blaming much? Collaros did exactly what he's supposed to. He slid to protect himself. That's his job. This one is all on SL. It was a cheap shot. It was intentional. It was dirty. It was unsafe. SL should have been ejected right away. If the rules don't allow that, then they can be changed by next week if the commish wants.

Being right never gets old.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2019, 05:10:19 PM »

Simoni has his hearing today.  Hopefully suspended. 

I am actually a bit surprised nobody on the Sask team went after him.  I know it probably doesn't do much and will result in a penalty - but if someone does that to Nichols I wouldn't be upset if an OL jumps in and dishes out some sort of justice. 
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2019, 05:20:26 PM »

Victim blaming much? Collaros did exactly what he's supposed to. He slid to protect himself. That's his job. This one is all on SL. It was a cheap shot. It was intentional. It was dirty. It was unsafe. SL should have been ejected right away. If the rules don't allow that, then they can be changed by next week if the commish wants.
Agreed....if he isn't suspended the league is a joke as far as officiating!   No excuses and saying sorry doesn't cut it.....he should have been automatically ejected and a 25 yard penalty for that egregious and dangerous play.   Instead he remains in the game while Collaros is out for concussion protocol and let's hope for his sake he's ok.   Those are career ending hits and I'm still at a loss as to why he wasn't automatically ejected.   The initial call by Proulx was only a 15 yard RTP call which was later overruled by the CC?  Wow!!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2019, 05:36:48 PM »

This. The blame falls completely on Lawrence and nobody else. That was a dirty, dirty play.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2019, 05:43:24 PM »

Agreed....if he isn't suspended the league is a joke as far as officiating!   No excuses and saying sorry doesn't cut it.....he should have been automatically ejected and a 25 yard penalty for that egregious and dangerous play.   Instead he remains in the game while Collaros is out for concussion protocol and let's hope for his sake he's ok.   Those are career ending hits and I'm still at a loss as to why he wasn't automatically ejected.   The initial call by Proulx was only a 15 yard RTP call which was later overruled by the CC?  Wow!!

I don't have a problem with the initial call - game is going fast, who knows what angle he saw...the process in game worked - they could have ejected him though
TecnoGenius

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2019, 10:20:19 AM »

Victim blaming much?

Ugh, you guys completely miss my point.  I tried clearing it up in my last comment.  You're not understanding what I'm saying.  It's subtle.

1. Dirty hit
2. Simoni should be suspended for as many games as possible
3. Collaros slid with plenty of time
4. Collaros deserved not to be hit
5. Collaros was stupid for running

We all agree on points #1-4.  I never said anything contrary to those points.

Here's the logic of #5:

0. Collaros is severely prone to concussions
1. Collaros got hit while running
2. Collaros got hit while sliding while running
3. Collaros was vulnerable while sliding
4. He got a concussion while vulnerable while sliding
5. Collaros is probably out for many games (or forever) because of the concussion

ERGO, follow the logic from point 5 up to point 0 and you get: Collaros should not have run!

Proof?  If Collaros had not run, he'd be playing happy as a clam in week 2.  It's not fair, it's not nice, it's logic!

That is all I am saying.  I liken it to R.Ray in his last season.  R.Ray was prone to injury.  Everyone cringed when R.Ray got hit.  R.Ray was smart enough to basically never run in his last 1-2 seasons.  As a result he probably extended his career by several games.  Collaros should have been smart like R.Ray.  He's scrambling like he's C.Streveler or something.  That's dumb when you're concussion prone.  If he comes back again, he needs to sit in the pocket and his team needs to get the best OL in the league, then he may be successful.
TBURGESS

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2019, 01:20:25 PM »

Ugh, you guys completely miss my point.  I tried clearing it up in my last comment.  You're not understanding what I'm saying.  It's subtle.

1. Dirty hit
2. Simoni should be suspended for as many games as possible
3. Collaros slid with plenty of time
4. Collaros deserved not to be hit

We all agree on points #1-4.  I never said anything contrary to those points.

Here's the logic of #5:

0. Collaros is severely prone to concussions
1. Collaros got hit while running
2. Collaros got hit while sliding while running
3. Collaros was vulnerable while sliding
4. He got a concussion while vulnerable while sliding
5. Collaros is probably out for many games (or forever) because of the concussion

ERGO, follow the logic from point 5 up to point 0 and you get: Collaros should not have run!

Proof?  If Collaros had not run, he'd be playing happy as a clam in week 2.  It's not fair, it's not nice, it's logic!

That is all I am saying.  I liken it to R.Ray in his last season.  R.Ray was prone to injury.  Everyone cringed when R.Ray got hit.  R.Ray was smart enough to basically never run in his last 1-2 seasons.  As a result he probably extended his career by several games.  Collaros should have been smart like R.Ray.  He's scrambling like he's C.Streveler or something.  That's dumb when you're concussion prone.  If he comes back again, he needs to sit in the pocket and his team needs to get the best OL in the league, then he may be successful.

You're the one who doesn't seem to get it.

Collaros ran because that's what the play called for. He slid so he wouldn't get hit. The rules should protect him. He shouldn't be expected to play his game differently, just in case SL feels like ignoring the rules. The idiot who plays outside the rules is the one who is totally at fault.

BTW: The results have absolutely nothing to do with it. Collaros getting up and going back to the huddle doesn't make it OK to rough him during a slide.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:44:32 PM by The Zipp » Logged

Being right never gets old.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »

No. What's stupid is trying to pin blame on a QB for doing something he's always done, which is use his feet to make plays. That's practically ingrained in him and you can't just turn that off.

By your logic, and I use the term very loosely, a person who's been involved in multiple car accidents but not at fault for any of them should stop driving. See how absurd that sounds?

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2019, 01:38:46 PM »

Zach did NOTHING wrong.
John T.

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2019, 02:07:16 PM »

Every quarterback, regardless of his history with injuries, has to have a run-and-slide play in his arsenal.

The day that a QB can?t do this because of injury worries is the day the QB needs to retire.
kkc60

« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2019, 02:19:14 PM »

No. What's stupid is trying to pin blame on a QB for doing something he's always done, which is use his feet to make plays. That's practically ingrained in him and you can't just turn that off.

By your logic, and I use the term very loosely, a person who's been involved in multiple car accidents but not at fault for any of them should stop driving. See how absurd that sounds?
Again. If Collaros was our QB he would be singing a very different tune
bomb squad

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2019, 02:35:56 PM »

Where did you get this from? It's wrong. 
TecnoGenius

« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2019, 02:37:20 AM »

Every quarterback, regardless of his history with injuries, has to have a run-and-slide play in his arsenal.

The day that a QB can?t do this because of injury worries is the day the QB needs to retire.

I'm pretty sure R.Ray didn't run up the gut at all in his last 1.5 years.  If he did, it was only once.  R.Ray saw the writing on the wall, Collaros should too, I guess, if he can't keep himself from running.

As for everyone else: I never said Collaros did something wrong, I said he was stupid for running.  I never blamed him for Simoni being a jerk.  I said he was stupid for running.  Ask yourself this: is Collaros sitting at home thinking "maybe I shouldn't have run?", is his wife telling him "maybe you shouldn't run dear".  I bet they are.  I bet he'll think twice about that same play if he ever gets back on the field.  If no one can see the distinction between blame and bad decision making, that's fine, I give up.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2019, 02:41:42 AM »

The initial call by Proulx was only a 15 yard RTP call which was later overruled by the CC?  Wow!!

Where did you get this from? It's wrong

The booth guys & panel mentioned it a couple of times, but they may have been speculating?  It's really hard to know whether it was Proulx called 25 or the EITS upgraded it.  So you both could be right, I don't think we can know either way until/unless the CFL says something about it.
kkc60

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2019, 04:13:29 AM »

I'm pretty sure R.Ray didn't run up the gut at all in his last 1.5 years.  If he did, it was only once.  R.Ray saw the writing on the wall, Collaros should too, I guess, if he can't keep himself from running.

As for everyone else: I never said Collaros did something wrong, I said he was stupid for running.  I never blamed him for Simoni being a jerk.  I said he was stupid for running.  Ask yourself this: is Collaros sitting at home thinking "maybe I shouldn't have run?", is his wife telling him "maybe you shouldn't run dear".  I bet they are.  I bet he'll think twice about that same play if he ever gets back on the field.  If no one can see the distinction between blame and bad decision making, that's fine, I give up.

"I never said he was wrong. Just that he was stupid". Sorry but I think you've just talked yourself into a corner. Sure Collaros is saying "maybe I shouldn't have run" because now he knows the outcome. But that's hindsight.

If I knew ahead of time during my playing days that against the Rods I would break 2 ribs because I tried to tip a pass while being blocked and subsequently exposed myself to a lineman, who gave me a (albeit clean) shot to the ribs, would I do it again? No. But at the time it was the best thing I could do for my team.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: