Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2020, 03:57:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers looking at Anthony Combs  (Read 5064 times)
kkc60

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 05:07:04 PM »

I think if these two players were going back to school that would have been done already, it appears they're here to stay.
No. Firlotte spent some time on the PR and then went back to Queens.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 05:17:14 PM »

Roster size comes into play. We could have just as easily retained Schrot on the PR. Can't keep everybody we might want to.

but if you're moving a guy to the 1 game or 6 game injured roster, which is what I was talking about, it has no impact on the any of the roster current day... again, my suggestion was a plan as to how to accommodate an injury with the current projected roster and players, not having to make a decision to cut someone today and adding someone for 'just in case'...

Combs obviously doesn't bring enough to the conversation to currently displace a player, a player that in all likelihood will be needed for game time substitutions, etc...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue In BC

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2019, 05:26:28 PM »

but if you're moving a guy to the 1 game or 6 game injured roster, which is what I was talking about, it has no impact on the any of the roster current day... again, my suggestion was a plan as to how to accommodate an injury with the current projected roster and players, not having to make a decision to cut someone today and adding someone for 'just in case'...

Combs obviously doesn't bring enough to the conversation to currently displace a player, a player that in all likelihood will be needed for game time substitutions, etc...

I don't know if I agree with that.  He's played 53 games. We had 4 receivers all of last year. Can we say that Nick Hallett adds more importance on the roster than adding Coombs as an example?

In reality Hallett might still not make the game day AR. But I could ask the same question about Janke or Lalama as the new Canadians on the AR today.

SMS and injury aside, which player would see the field more on ST's or in rotation with the starters?

No I'm not in favor of adding Coombs but that's really because of the SMS hit, not because he might not be better than a current newbie.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2019, 05:45:59 PM »

I think MOS put the Coombs talk to bed last night.

True, but Walters mentioned they're looking closely at other teams cuts.
booch

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2019, 05:50:18 PM »

I would bring in Osie-Kusie whom Montreal cut...uber athlete..greta measurables just needs to refine the hands
GCn19

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2019, 06:01:55 PM »

True, but Walters mentioned they're looking closely at other teams cuts.

He likely is combing over a pile of other teams cuts to see if there are upgrades to be had. However, his body language when asked about Coombs screamed not interested, even if the polite response was not to say so.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2019, 06:45:59 PM »

I would bring in Osie-Kusie whom Montreal cut...uber athlete..greta measurables just needs to refine the hands

Yes, he'd be worth taking a look at. A few other 2019 draft choices are free agents at the moment.

No more excuses.
RebusRankin

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2019, 08:58:05 PM »

Dondre Wright interests me.

Oh and what is up with Chris Ackie?
True Blue
Global Moderator

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2019, 09:30:04 PM »

Dondre Wright interests me.

Oh and what is up with Chris Ackie?

That's a good question.  Did very well last year.

"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson
kkc60

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2019, 09:41:14 PM »

Pretty sure hes going back to school
TheHypnotoad

[deleted]

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2019, 12:08:01 AM »

Walter would be dumb not to sign Coombs. Dynamic payer in when in the kinda role we could give him. It's foolish not to have a 2 backups for our 2 cdn receive rs

[deleted]
Tiger

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2019, 03:46:36 AM »

Walters and the Bombers have done well with Canadian talent.  I assume they will make a good decision based on track record.  It is the us talent where sometimes we have a blind spot.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Pigskin

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 03:58:46 AM »

If the bombers signed him he would be fresh as he only played 12 games in the last two years.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: