Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2020, 05:06:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers looking at Anthony Combs  (Read 5076 times)
Tiger

« on: June 11, 2019, 12:59:44 AM »

https://3downnation.com/2019/06/10/bombers-evaluating-winnipeg-native-rb-rec-anthony-coombs/

Wow! Quite the Canadian receiver line up already

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
kkc60

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 01:07:17 AM »

Unnecessary imo
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 01:18:23 AM »

Unnecessary imo

O'Shea seems to agree, he said Coombs is very similar to Demski and would only be brought in as his backup, so he sees no point. 
kkc60

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 01:55:01 AM »

O'Shea seems to agree, he said Coombs is very similar to Demski and would only be brought in as his backup, so he sees no point. 
Exactly. We cut Simonise cuz we couldn't keep 4 Canadian recs. We would just be messing up Petermanns development if we pushed him down to 4th, aka little to no playing time
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 02:01:40 AM »

Exactly. We cut Simonise cuz we couldn't keep 4 Canadian recs. We would just be messing up Petermanns development if we pushed him down to 4th, aka little to no playing time

Its nice to be in this position  lol

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
kkc60

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 02:21:14 AM »

Its nice to be in this position  lol

Yeah, as long as we don't screw the pooch
Tehedra

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 03:09:42 AM »

Agreed if we cut RS then why would we go for AC?  It just doesn't add up.
dd

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 03:40:44 AM »

It doesn?t and we won?t go after him. If he wasn?t a local player, this wouldn?t have even come up.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 06:09:58 AM »

We should have played Petermann more.. liked to see him bulldoze people over.  Demski better show up more in games or he should be gone imo.
123James321

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 09:53:12 AM »

I hope we bringnhim in at a reasomable cost for depth
3rdand1.5

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 10:24:24 AM »

IMO the potential is there for injury insurance...We have Demski and Woli who will start, we have Petermann to back-up IF Demski and Wloi or Petermann get knicked we would need another CDN receiver or we would be required to adjust the ratio.

If the cost was suitable and we could fit him on the roster somewhere (IE as an injury replacement potentailly offsetting his SMS), it could be a very smart insurance move.
the paw

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 11:49:42 AM »

Agreed if we cut RS then why would we go for AC?  It just doesn't add up.

Because Simonise lacks the focus to translate his great physical potential into actual production.  He may turn into a player as he matures, but that?s a couple of years out, after his first contract plays out.

Coombs has durability concerns, but if he dresses, he can be productive.  If the price is right, we can roster 4 Cdn receivers, we did it all last year.

grab grass 'n growl
TBURGESS

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 12:23:06 PM »

The story seems to be based on Walters presser yesterday. He was specifically asked about Coombs and he just said that he was on a list of players they could look at. He didn't say they were specifically looking a Coombs.

My take... we don't need him. He's an injury problem. Only look at him if he's still available if Demski gets injured. I expect a couple of other teams might be looking for NI help right away tho, so I don't see it happening.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
theaardvark

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 02:05:39 PM »

Because Simonise lacks the focus to translate his great physical potential into actual production.  He may turn into a player as he matures, but that?s a couple of years out, after his first contract plays out.

Sounds like the perfect fit to put in with DC... should be an interesting season for Jackson and Howell... Nik Lewis might be the deciding factor in keeping them under control...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 02:36:38 PM »

The story seems to be based on Walters presser yesterday. He was specifically asked about Coombs and he just said that he was on a list of players they could look at. He didn't say they were specifically looking a Coombs.

My take... we don't need him. He's an injury problem. Only look at him if he's still available if Demski gets injured. I expect a couple of other teams might be looking for NI help right away tho, so I don't see it happening.

I agree. I think that the Bomber's interest in Coombs has been overstated by many. I imagine that Walters may make a lowball offer just to see, but there is little significant interest. The guy is injured all the time.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: