Blue Bombers Forum
September 17, 2019, 10:39:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Harris - Oliveira  (Read 1699 times)
Norlorne Dr.

« on: June 09, 2019, 10:34:42 AM »

Not only are these boys local, but they are both Oak Park alumni.  This has gotta be a first.  Two graduates of the same high school rostered as the number 1 and number 2 running backs.  LOVE IT.

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alumni 1997-2000.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 10:40:46 AM »

Yup, as a lifelong Charleswooder it makes me proud too.  I'm pretty sure during TC/PS I heard about another guy from Oak Park somewhere in the CFL, but can't remember who.

Oliveira over Simonise is the big surprise of the cuts, and I'm not sure Oliveira showed me anything in PS to justify it.  But the kid is young and maybe they see something in him.  I wonder if he'll ever dress, or just be a PR guy this year.  Be nice to see him get some reps in garbage time.  And we're such a good team this year that I expect lots of GT in lots of games!  Shocked Cheesy

Go Winnipeg guys!  Go Oak Parkies!
Norlorne Dr.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 10:50:48 AM »

Yup, as a lifelong Charleswooder it makes me proud too.  I'm pretty sure during TC/PS I heard about another guy from Oak Park somewhere in the CFL, but can't remember who.

Oliveira over Simonise is the big surprise of the cuts, and I'm not sure Oliveira showed me anything in PS to justify it.  But the kid is young and maybe they see something in him.  I wonder if he'll ever dress, or just be a PR guy this year.  Be nice to see him get some reps in garbage time.  And we're such a good team this year that I expect lots of GT in lots of games!  Shocked Cheesy

I am super excited to see what Brady can do this year too.  He ran for almost 3000 yards with North Dakota, and 22 touchdowns.  I think he can make some noise given the opportunity.

Not sure if you knew this, but Nic Demski is also a local Charleswood - Oak Park boy.  He played for the Broncos, and Oak Park Raiders.

PurpleReign

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 11:25:24 AM »

I am super excited to see what Brady can do this year too.  He ran for almost 3000 yards with North Dakota, and 22 touchdowns.  I think he can make some noise given the opportunity.

Not sure if you knew this, but Nic Demski is also a local Charleswood - Oak Park boy.  He played for the Broncos, and Oak Park Raiders.

You bring up Charleswood and the Bronco, so many memories.  That?s my old club where I coached from 2005 to 2012. I am also excited to see Brady this year as he is an exceptional athlete.
Norlorne Dr.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 12:25:40 PM »

You bring up Charleswood and the Bronco, so many memories.  That?s my old club where I coached from 2005 to 2012. I am also excited to see Brady this year as he is an exceptional athlete.

The Broncos were on hiatus for a period when I was growing up.  Before I went to high school and played for Oak Park, I was forced to play for the St. James Rods because the Charleswood Broncos stopped competing for several years (mid 90s) before returning.

RebusRankin

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »

Hey, we have to be the first CFL team in decades to not have an american rb on the roster.
blue_or_die

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 02:40:19 PM »

We are clearly committed to developing him, or at least giving him a shot. To make the team and PR our previous backup (Augustine) in his favour speaks volumes and indicates our intention to groom him. He will absolutely dress every game and take the odd snap.

As mentioned, Augustine accepted a PR spot so it's safe to say Brady will be on the AR for as long as he is able to prove his worthiness to be there.
blueraid

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 03:35:09 PM »

I'm predicting right now Brady Oliveira ...next Charles Roberts....Just give this kid the reps. and time and when Harris hangs em up....voila..
Jesse

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 03:44:04 PM »

I'm predicting right now Brady Oliveira ...next Charles Roberts....Just give this kid the reps. and time and when Harris hangs em up....voila..

Seems like a ridiculous prediction. In every sense.

My wife is amazing!
DM83

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2019, 04:45:23 PM »

Why do you hate. Oak Park?
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 05:24:20 PM »

Seems like a ridiculous prediction. In every sense.

Charlie was likely one of the best RBs every in the CFL.  I agree, while I am hopeful he and other can develop, this is a major stretch.  I don't think I'll see a talent like Charlie again Winnipeg.  Harris is close and I think better overall but Charlie was as impactfull a player as I have seen in this league.

That said this combo could be deadly and at the very least Harris will teach our young RBs and receivers how to be a true pros and push themselves to develop and have the opportunity to be a star. 

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pigskin

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 09:22:14 PM »

Brady is not a Roberts type RB. Much bigger then Charlie, and not as quick in small spaces. Charlie could make you miss in a phone booth, Brad will run you over.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:26:43 PM by Pigskin » Logged
Stats Junkie

Unofficial Blue Bombers Historian

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 10:06:15 PM »

In the 1946 Grey Cup game, the Blue Bombers starting backfield consisted of Doug Gauthier, Harry Hood & Don Smith. All 3 played for Kelvin in 1943.

@Stats_Junkie
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 12:33:05 AM »

In the 1946 Grey Cup game, the Blue Bombers starting backfield consisted of Doug Gauthier, Harry Hood & Don Smith. All 3 played for Kelvin in 1943.

That's awesome

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2019, 04:39:14 AM »

Brady is not a Roberts type RB. Much bigger then Charlie, and not as quick in small spaces. Charlie could make you miss in a phone booth, Brad will run you over.

I don't think I've actually seen Oliveira, either video or live.  Is he more a power back as you describe, or what style is he?  What other RBs can he be compared with?

Let's hope he works out better than LaFrance, who came in with such promise and was supposed to be taken under AH33's wing.  LaFrance didn't accomplish much here except fumbling.  Is Oliveira at least a bigger/beefier back than LaFra?

And thanks Norlorne, I forgot Demski was that last Oak Parker I couldn't quite remember.  I think Demski is one of the most versatile NAT players around right now, and should have a great future, hopefully in B&G!
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: