Blue Bombers Forum
August 12, 2020, 06:25:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaron Peck Grimley  (Read 1887 times)
TecnoGenius

« on: June 08, 2019, 07:17:54 AM »

OK, my new favorite non-WPG player is Peck in CGY.  Just watching the BC/CGY PS game and Peck gets a TD (2Q 12:30) and does what can only be an Ed Grimley "going mental" dance in the EZ.  Dude gets points for the first one to ever do that, and for being under 40 and knowing who Ed Grimley is.  Bet the other players were like, WTH was that?  P.S. SCTV rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvbQKSaYQD8 (for the youngins)

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 02:02:56 PM »

OK, my new favorite non-WPG player is Peck in CGY.  Just watching the BC/CGY PS game and Peck gets a TD (2Q 12:30) and does what can only be an Ed Grimley "going mental" dance in the EZ.  Dude gets points for the first one to ever do that, and for being under 40 and knowing who Ed Grimley is.  Bet the other players were like, WTH was that?  P.S. SCTV rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvbQKSaYQD8 (for the youngins)

I must say... the Grimley reference is spot on.  Why not make / post a youtube vid of Peck?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Horseman

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 04:30:38 PM »

Just watched the highlights from the Cal vs BC game, TSN did not include the "Grimley" celebration after Peck's TD.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 07:21:21 AM »

OK, rudimentary vid is up, you'll probably have to click & download & play with your OS's media player.  Or not, it just played automatically for me in Firefox.  No idea how this would work on a phone, sorry.  Data plan warning: it's 5MB in size.

http://fsi.ca/tec/190607-peck-stampeders-ed-grimley-td-dance.mp4

If it doesn't work, let me know.  I have to jump through hoops to get an exportable format.  Sorry for the interlacing too, guys.

They only show his feet for a second, but that's a Grimley dance.  The arms too.  I know, I used to do a good impression myself for s & giggles at parties.  Grin

And Peck was kept by CGY, on the PR!  So maybe we'll see more Ed.  I'll have to write him some fan-mail (is that even a thing anymore?).  Can't remember if he's a NAT?  Must be?  Maybe one day we'll see him in B&G.  What a strange thing for me to get excited over...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 07:23:04 AM by TecnoGenius » Logged

Never go full Rider!
Horseman

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 04:20:48 PM »

Thanks Techno, it played fine.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 04:28:34 AM »

So how does one send fan mail to a CFL player these days??  Is it even possible?  (P.S. I don't tweet)

Never go full Rider!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 04:41:37 AM »

So how does one send fan mail to a CFL player these days??  Is it even possible?  (P.S. I don't tweet)

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 04:50:53 AM »

Hardy har-har!  Grin

My question is more: if mail is sent, does it actually get forwarded to someone?  And what address does one send to?

I really just can't imagine players getting bags of actual physical snailmail these modern days...

Never go full Rider!
TheHypnotoad

[deleted]

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 05:07:26 AM »

why not just try this new fangled tweeting LOL

[deleted]
66 Chevelle

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 08:59:26 AM »

Hardy har-har!  Grin

My question is more: if mail is sent, does it actually get forwarded to someone?  And what address does one send to?

I really just can't imagine players getting bags of actual physical snailmail these modern days...

just having a little fun with ya!

I would bet cash money that anyone under 30 has never thought about sitting down, writing a letter, putting it in an envelope, addressing the envelope, putting a stamp on it, and sending it off and wait for a reply... for them, the 'mail' is utilitarian, not something you would consider doing to keep in touch with someone...

I remember as a kid loving the mail... sending off for those special offers on the back of a box of cereal... then waiting for your 'prize' to arrive at your house addressed to you! how exciting was that!  well, except for the fact that you usually had to wait for 3 month to get your 'prize'... lol...

then, in grade school, we had letter writing assignments where we would pick out someone to write to, usually someone famous, write them a letter, mail it off and hope to get a reply...

or the postcard... the postcards were cool... go on vacation and hit the gift shop, pick out a really cool postcard, write a note on it and mail it away... you'd usually be back home before those that you sent postcards to actually got them, lol...

it's funny how times have changed...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
rubanski

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 02:04:56 PM »

just having a little fun with ya!

I would bet cash money that anyone under 30 has never thought about sitting down, writing a letter, putting it in an envelope, addressing the envelope, putting a stamp on it, and sending it off and wait for a reply... for them, the 'mail' is utilitarian, not something you would consider doing to keep in touch with someone...

I remember as a kid loving the mail... sending off for those special offers on the back of a box of cereal... then waiting for your 'prize' to arrive at your house addressed to you! how exciting was that!  well, except for the fact that you usually had to wait for 3 month to get your 'prize'... lol...

then, in grade school, we had letter writing assignments where we would pick out someone to write to, usually someone famous, write them a letter, mail it off and hope to get a reply...

or the postcard... the postcards were cool... go on vacation and hit the gift shop, pick out a really cool postcard, write a note on it and mail it away... you'd usually be back home before those that you sent postcards to actually got them, lol...

it's funny how times have changed...

I remember assignments like that in elementary school too.

I always felt the lack of privacy on a postcard message was pretty odd.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 09:54:09 AM »

OK... the plot thickens... During the MTL game the other night, a few of Zach Zoya's (the halftime rap performer) crew, at a few different times in the broadcast, were doing what looked very much like the Ed Grimley mental dance.  Perhaps, just perhaps, Peck is a Zoya fan and he was imitating them, not Ed.

Now I'll just have to write to Peck...

And I wonder if Zoya knows his attempt at creating a new "modern" fad/meme is a actually a mental dorky dance from a comedy from 1982?  1982!!  If he knows, my hat off to him.  If he doesn't know, I think that officially makes him an uber-dork!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:55:42 AM by TecnoGenius » Logged

Never go full Rider!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: