Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:33:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 15958 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #390 on: July 11, 2019, 01:40:49 PM »

It will be interesting to see how Coombs does in Hamilton with an opportunity to take a more active role. The same applies in the comparison we see with Augustine in any relief role for A. Harris.

I was not in favor of bringing Coombs to Winnipeg earlier. We didn't need him and SMS might have been another issue.

With the injury to Oliveria that may have changed the picture of need.

So much is unknown. We didn't get to see anything from Oliveria due to such an early season injury. Augustine was on the AR for the last game but not used yet.

Coombs may not be successful. Augustine or Oliveria could have long CFL careers.

By the end of 2019 we might have a better grasp on Coombs and Augustine if they get playing time.

Hindsight is always perfect when you see how things work out. lol

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #391 on: July 11, 2019, 04:05:08 PM »

It will be interesting to see how Coombs does in Hamilton with an opportunity to take a more active role. The same applies in the comparison we see with Augustine in any relief role for A. Harris.

I was not in favor of bringing Coombs to Winnipeg earlier. We didn't need him and SMS might have been another issue.

So much is unknown. We didn't get to see anything from Oliveria due to such an early season injury. Augustine was on the AR for the last game but not used yet.

Coombs may not be successful. Augustine or Oliveria could have long CFL careers.

By the end of 2019 we might have a better grasp on Coombs and Augustine if they get playing time.

I would like to see O'Shea give Augustine a few series per game not only for his own reward but also to spell Harris off and reduce his workload. Harris got nearly beat to death finishing out the Ottawa game and nobody seemed to notice.  A few teams make use of two RB's in game situations to good purpose, Calgary and Sask. come first to mind and they carry two Imports on the game-day roster which is a bit more difficult to accommodate, so it can be done.  Augustine is on the sidelines, why not make use of his contribution instead of pretending he's not there?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:06:47 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
blue_or_die

« Reply #392 on: July 11, 2019, 04:38:59 PM »

During the Montreal game last week, Coombs was looking like the only bright spot on HAM, IMO.

I will be cheering for him as a local kid.
Blue In BC

« Reply #393 on: July 11, 2019, 04:42:37 PM »

If there was ever a game where back ups might get more time to play, this could be it. So getting Augustine more game reps could be something we see tomorrow.

Streveler might see lots of play in the 2nd half. etc etc.

No more excuses.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #394 on: July 11, 2019, 07:40:40 PM »

I would like to see O'Shea give Augustine a few series per game not only for his own reward but also to spell Harris off and reduce his workload. Harris got nearly beat to death finishing out the Ottawa game and nobody seemed to notice.  A few teams make use of two RB's in game situations to good purpose, Calgary and Sask. come first to mind and they carry two Imports on the game-day roster which is a bit more difficult to accommodate, so it can be done.  Augustine is on the sidelines, why not make use of his contribution instead of pretending he's not there?

during the game I was thinking the same thing but wrote it off as something we just don't do... I was happy to see O'Shea go back to Demski the few times he did earlier in the game to give the offense a different look and help Harris carry the workload...  I wasn't thinking about Augustine at the time, but that makes good sense, especially given the injury situation... maybe he'll get an opportunity this week...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
BlueInCgy

« Reply #395 on: July 15, 2019, 08:10:23 PM »

BC Lions sign Ryan Lankford.

With Rutley performing fairly well on returns, I'm guessing they signed him as a receiver?  Don't know what he'll bring to the table in that regard vs. what they already have.
booch

« Reply #396 on: July 15, 2019, 08:13:45 PM »

well he will give his all and true effort..even when ball not coming to him unlike Cancer Carter
kkc60

« Reply #397 on: July 15, 2019, 08:14:04 PM »

BC Lions sign Ryan Lankford.

With Rutley performing fairly well on returns, I'm guessing they signed him as a receiver?  Don't know what he'll bring to the table in that regard vs. what they already have.
They've been starting 8+ Canadians a lot this year. Probably like him as a burner and to compliment Rutley on returns. Also could be they wanna use Rutley more on offense as White has been meh
BlueInCgy

« Reply #398 on: July 15, 2019, 08:19:01 PM »

Maybe he's a Plan B if they drop both games to Saskatchewan (and effectively end their season) so that they can do some salary dumps (i.e. Carter, though I don't know that he's all that expensive, he's more expensive than Lankford).
Blue In BC

« Reply #399 on: July 15, 2019, 08:59:43 PM »

Lankford might actually get to do some P/K kicking for the Lions. That's not been an area of strength for them. If they get rid of Castillo ( or PR him ) they'd also get to add another DI. For that matter he might be better than Bartel as a P.

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #400 on: July 15, 2019, 09:12:01 PM »

Maybe he's a Plan B if they drop both games to Saskatchewan (and effectively end their season) so that they can do some salary dumps (i.e. Carter, though I don't know that he's all that expensive, he's more expensive than Lankford).
Of.course its Carter   Grin

I think it's just they realized starting 3 Canadian receivers isn't a smart move. Plus all teams should try to improve. Lankford was a fine return man this year and has speed. Would I want him back? No. But with speedy players you just never know
DM83

« Reply #401 on: July 16, 2019, 12:43:21 PM »

Lankford seem to excell when given spot duty.
GCn18

« Reply #402 on: July 16, 2019, 01:49:13 PM »

Hervey bringing in a guy who brings his lunch pail with him to work every day. Sending a message to a team that is devoid of work ethic right now.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TBURGESS

« Reply #403 on: July 16, 2019, 02:00:40 PM »

Lankford isn't what BC needs. They need new OL.

Being right never gets old.
DM83

« Reply #404 on: July 16, 2019, 04:46:16 PM »

Kavus and the capman next to,go.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29
  Print  

Jump to: