Blue Bombers Forum
August 03, 2020, 10:44:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Maas Out as Head Coach in Edmonton  (Read 5595 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2019, 09:20:34 PM »

The Riders changed their offense when Fajardo became the starter.  So in reality he had to learn two offenses before the third game of the season.  With Maas coming in now and building a Fajardo offense I think it will be SO much better for the kid.

Fajardo is not the 2nd coming.  He's no Ricky Ray or BLM or any other QB that was a superstar immediately.  But I always thought the Riders were weak at OC.  Now this offseason the offense will be built around Cody with an experienced and proven OC.  We will learn a LOT about Fajardo this year.

I agree we'll learn a lot about him this year. I doubt they changed their entire offense in a week or two and if they did he certainly didn't learn it by the third game. They maybe emphasised a different set of plays but the system would still be the system. The terminology and philosophies would be the same or similar. They may have evolved it over the season somewhat, probably simplifying things for him, but they didn't install a completely new offense I wouldn't think.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2019, 09:50:51 PM »

The Riders changed their offense when Fajardo became the starter.  So in reality he had to learn two offenses before the third game of the season.  With Maas coming in now and building a Fajardo offense I think it will be SO much better for the kid.

Fajardo is not the 2nd coming.  He's no Ricky Ray or BLM or any other QB that was a superstar immediately.  But I always thought the Riders were weak at OC.  Now this offseason the offense will be built around Cody with an experienced and proven OC.  We will learn a LOT about Fajardo this year.

You're saying they changed their offence when they lost Collaros in order to accommodate Fajardo?  I doubt it, neither of them is that specialized or different in style that they had to make drastic changes to the QB position or play calling.  It's the same basic plays with options added to suit the QB's preferences.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »

Personally think its a bad move Riders hiring Maas and BC hiring Campbell..He couldn't move the ball at all vs Hamilton with Harris. And Campbell will probably try to take a lot of our players. I don't think he knows how to build a team on his own. In Ottawa it was easy just pick off rosters. I hope we resign our secondary and linebackers. .
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 10:32:00 PM by buckzumhoff » Logged
jdrattops

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2019, 02:51:57 AM »

The only thing that changes over in Riderville are the yearly excuses. 
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2019, 03:23:27 AM »

Sask will be better now.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2019, 04:33:41 AM »

Sask will be better now.
they got loads of free agents as well. Time will tell...

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2019, 04:51:01 AM »

Looks like Maas is the new Riders OC.

Riders are gonna have to add a few extra gatorade coolers to the budget.

Kidding aside, Maas has always been a good OC.  I like the signing.

Meh.  I guess Riderville found their 2019 scapegoat in McAdont.  Well, he was pretty much universally hated at Riderfans forum for at least 2 years now.  The fans now have their pound of flesh.  Poor McAdont: he was loved less than Hall was loved here (before Hall won 3 playoff games for us that is).

It's funny, because didn't Cody and the SSK O have the most yards in 2019?  Like their OC didn't have anything to do with that?  Most wins in the west: guess McAdont was sleeping for those too!  How many yards and wins did Maas' bumbling Esks have again in the last 2 years, hmmm?

Sask will be better now.

Trying to look at this objectively, I see it as a wash.  On the plus side, Maas will probably run it more, and try more deep balls.  On the minus side, Maas will break things in the booth, bring anger and discord to the O, and thus take more O penalties.  SSK had a pretty good thing going with their dink & dunk quick ball control max-hold game.  Maas does not play that way.  We shall see if this makes them better or worse.

Never go full Rider!
booch

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2019, 01:37:23 PM »

Meh.  I guess Riderville found their 2019 scapegoat in McAdont.  Well, he was pretty much universally hated at Riderfans forum for at least 2 years now.  The fans now have their pound of flesh.  Poor McAdont: he was loved less than Hall was loved here (before Hall won 3 playoff games for us that is).

It's funny, because didn't Cody and the SSK O have the most yards in 2019?  Like their OC didn't have anything to do with that?  Most wins in the west: guess McAdont was sleeping for those too!  How many yards and wins did Maas' bumbling Esks have again in the last 2 years, hmmm?

Trying to look at this objectively, I see it as a wash.  On the plus side, Maas will probably run it more, and try more deep balls.  On the minus side, Maas will break things in the booth, bring anger and discord to the O, and thus take more O penalties.  SSK had a pretty good thing going with their dink & dunk quick ball control max-hold game.  Maas does not play that way.  We shall see if this makes them better or worse.

It's funny...they lambasted him the previous year, then said he was great when Fajardo went on his run and that it was personnel...not the OC...now they are happy to see him go...so which is it?

Mass is overrated if you ask me...he was in a couple situations where he had good players, and his schemes and his philosophies are nothing spectacular or awe inspiring...heavy pass and longer developing plays and a tendency to ignore the run...and if the Rider's don't overhaul their o-line that will be a recipe for disaster there and ol Fartado will have more than his poor lil obliques to worry about and need more than Jesus Sprinkles to survive and thrive in that
bluebeard

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2019, 02:19:55 PM »

Funny thing...most people said that of Regina last season and picked them to come in last.  They must have done something right to finish as high as they did or was it just horse shoes in their pockets.

Everyone thought that they would really be bad defensively when Jones left.  This was their strength.  They did luck out with Fajardo when given the chance.  Fajardo made McAdoo look good.  Is he a one year wonder (Fajardo) we shall see.  I just wonder who will pick up McAdoo as their OC or is he finished in the CFL.

So many questions on every team.  Should be a great off season.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2019, 02:56:28 PM »

they got loads of free agents as well. Time will tell...

I agree with Maas in as OC and with the number of free agents that they have not much is going to shake out until we get into the season. I think that will be the case for a number of teams. It will be interesting to see how well Maas handles the microscope that he will be under for every move he makes in Regina.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2019, 04:30:32 PM »

David William Naylor Retweeted
Saskatchewan Roughriders
@sskroughriders
?
2h
We have added Jason Maas as offensive coordinator through 2021.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
In Motion

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2019, 11:29:13 PM »

I'm very happy we didn't get Maas. I can't stand the man, plus I think he's overrated.
I guess time will tell.
dd

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2019, 02:46:35 PM »

There?s no way he was ever coming here. MOS would never put up with his childish tyraids on the sideline. Osh is all about discipline and this guys the poster child for lack of discipline. Should be a gong show in Saskatchewan, I can?t see mr awe shucks Dickenson  controlling this freak.
bluebeard

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2019, 05:08:11 PM »

There?s no way he was ever coming here. MOS would never put up with his childish tyraids on the sideline. Osh is all about discipline and this guys the poster child for lack of discipline. Should be a gong show in Saskatchewan, I can?t see mr awe shucks Dickenson  controlling this freak.
Don't under rate Craig Dickenson.  He fired his DL coach, Mike Schepper(?) during the middle of last season when there apparently was trouble in the ranks and brought in another coach.  He is the boss and is in complete control of his coaches or so O'Day has stated. Remember, This was Chris Jones staff and he left late leaving Dickenson no choice.

It will be interesting to see what other changes Dickenson makes...if any.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: