Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2020, 01:59:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Transit predicts growing pains for Bombers fans this season  (Read 6259 times)
rubanski

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2019, 12:45:38 PM »

It occurs to me that most major transit systems in Canada no longer accept direct currency payment and haven't in an eternity.  Most transit systems and subways have auto-kiosks in the staging area that sell tickets and turnstiles that accept tickets which open access to a secondary holding area with direct access to the transport.  Surely they can pick a system that is proven to work well in other locations.

Why are people talking about stadium location? Stadium contstructions started TEN YEARS AGO!

Anyways, agree with Bannatyne here. The solution to jamming a stadium's worth of people on the bus is to have turnstiles and things paid for on their way to a loading area. But... that's a huge capital expenditure for a system that will be used 30 times a year at most. Heck, since it's probably only used for big events (so not soccer or Bison games), that's less than 12 times a year.
blue girl

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2019, 08:40:33 PM »

Maybe this is a dumb idea but why not do what they do with the park and ride and collect the money when you get to the stadium. That way they can just load the buses after the game which is going to be the big problem anyway.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2019, 09:16:58 PM »

Maybe this is a dumb idea but why not do what they do with the park and ride and collect the money when you get to the stadium. That way they can just load the buses after the game which is going to be the big problem anyway.

Not a dumb idea at all.  Or give a card or bracelet or season passes purchased at a kiosk ahead of time.  Sell the return fare at stadium with drinks or food. 
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2019, 05:08:21 PM »

how were the lines last night?

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
buckzumhoff

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2019, 05:48:25 PM »

No problem getting on the bus. Didn't waiting at all..
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2019, 06:11:29 PM »

No problem getting on the bus. Didn't waiting at all..

awesome

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue girl

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2019, 07:50:56 PM »

how were the lines last night?
Fortunately they're not charging yet so the lines moved pretty fast. Lot's of buses also.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2019, 06:58:39 AM »

for me this whole bus thing is a little perplexing... I get why the Bombers are no longer providing the transportation, since 2013 the Bombers have spent $4.6M to provide the service...

what I don't get is that in 2017 Triple B Stadium, the entity that the Bombers are making stadium payments to, admitted that they, Triple B, were obligated to assist the Bombers in paying for this bus service... in total it was determined that Triple B should have paid $4.1M as their share of the expense...

however, according to the Bombers 2018 published financial statements you find this statement, "Accordingly, the Club recorded a receivable of $4.1 million from Triple B for the cost recovery. However, given that there is significant doubt regarding the collectability of the receivable from Triple B based on Triple B?s going concern status, the Club has recorded an allowance for doubtful accounts equal to the full recovery amount of $4.1 million.", which basically seems to be saying that the Bombers don't plan on getting to be reimbursed...

the perplexing part for me is 2 fold...

1) it's hard to think that you would classify a debt owed by a company that you are making annual payments to, payments that potentially amount to almost $4M per year, every year, until 2058, as "doubtful" when you could simply reduce your payment to this company by the $4.1M, or, simply reduce the balance owed by that amount... it's hard to understand how someone that you have agreed to pay as much as $175M over the course of this agreement can't figure out a way to reimburse the Bombers the $4.1M they admit that they owe...

2) how or who makes these types of determination? after all, the Winnipeg Football Club is both debtor and the creditor/owner in these decisions as they are a partner of the ownership group known as Triple B Stadium, LLC... it's not clear as to who's best interest is being served, at least it isn't for me...

just curious as to if anyone here had some knowledge about the relationship between these two entities and any considerations that may be in play here...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Sec223

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2019, 10:35:09 AM »

I don't understand the same whining about getting to the stadium or even where it's built. Get over it please. The stadium will be at the U of M for years so deal with it. As for getting there I walk a couple blocks and hop on a Park and Ride. When you get to the stadium you hand them 5 bucks. When the game is over I just hop on the bus. No paying no waiting no problem. On a nice night I ride my bike. 30 minutes. Yes I'm lucky I live fairly close. Why don't some people throw their bikes in their vehicles and drive part way and ride the rest ? Park where you don't have to pay and no bus to pay for. Seems so many people feel they need free transportation for the games. No one pays your bus fee to go out for dinner or a movie etc. Pay the 5 bucks and get over it !
the paw

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2019, 01:53:45 PM »

for me this whole bus thing is a little perplexing... I get why the Bombers are no longer providing the transportation, since 2013 the Bombers have spent $4.6M to provide the service...

what I don't get is that in 2017 Triple B Stadium, the entity that the Bombers are making stadium payments to, admitted that they, Triple B, were obligated to assist the Bombers in paying for this bus service... in total it was determined that Triple B should have paid $4.1M as their share of the expense...

however, according to the Bombers 2018 published financial statements you find this statement, "Accordingly, the Club recorded a receivable of $4.1 million from Triple B for the cost recovery. However, given that there is significant doubt regarding the collectability of the receivable from Triple B based on Triple B?s going concern status, the Club has recorded an allowance for doubtful accounts equal to the full recovery amount of $4.1 million.", which basically seems to be saying that the Bombers don't plan on getting to be reimbursed...

the perplexing part for me is 2 fold...

1) it's hard to think that you would classify a debt owed by a company that you are making annual payments to, payments that potentially amount to almost $4M per year, every year, until 2058, as "doubtful" when you could simply reduce your payment to this company by the $4.1M, or, simply reduce the balance owed by that amount... it's hard to understand how someone that you have agreed to pay as much as $175M over the course of this agreement can't figure out a way to reimburse the Bombers the $4.1M they admit that they owe...

2) how or who makes these types of determination? after all, the Winnipeg Football Club is both debtor and the creditor/owner in these decisions as they are a partner of the ownership group known as Triple B Stadium, LLC... it's not clear as to who's best interest is being served, at least it isn't for me...

just curious as to if anyone here had some knowledge about the relationship between these two entities and any considerations that may be in play here...

If the Provincial Government writes off a large portion of the stadium debt, then Triple B will not be able to collect the same level of annual payments from the Bombers.  Since Triple B basically exists to take payments from the Bombers and apply it to the debt, it would bring their status as a "going concern" into question. 

The upshot is that if the Bombers don't have to make the same level of stadium payments, the various government stakeholders are not going to kick back reimbursement for transit.

grab grass 'n growl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: