Blue Bombers Forum
July 09, 2020, 08:06:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: anybody else listen to the Edmonton/BC game today?  (Read 3523 times)
66 Chevelle

« on: May 27, 2019, 02:16:23 AM »

Edmonton could be in real trouble if anything happens to Reilly this season... I know it's the first game of the pre season, but... they sure had problems getting anything going today...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Stretch

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 02:55:35 AM »

Edmonton could be in real trouble if anything happens to Reilly this season

Would losing him to BC count?  Wink

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
DM83

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 03:16:52 AM »

Reilly plays for BC:)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 03:54:45 AM »

Oops, my mind and my fingers weren't in sync today as I meant to say BC would be in trouble... which actually makes sense, especially since they were the team that got smoked today... I knew what I meant, lol...

but, I refuse to edit my original post, I'll wear my typo, lol...  Grin 

however, BC is going to be in serious trouble if something happens to him...  but it is the CFL, anything can happen...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 04:37:29 AM »

however, BC is going to be in serious trouble if something happens to him...  but it is the CFL, anything can happen...

I think BC is in serious trouble even if nothing happens to him.  In the CFL you can't have a team that is literally all QB.  There are so few playmakers left in BC (really, just Burnham), unless they really luck out with the rookies.

And if Reilly does go down, they are doubly screwed.  However, I think Reilly will have to be carted off with a broken neck and a missing leg before he'll ever voluntarily leave the field.  I wonder what his wife thinks of that...

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 05:34:13 AM »

If anyone wants to listen to this game after the fact, you can find it here (for 7 days I think):
https://globalnews.ca/pages/audioondemand/
Should show you 630CHED station
select May 26, 2pm

I wouldn't read too much into BC's poor showing; they said BC brought almost all nobodies (i.e. no real starters).  EDM played their real starters for a while.

In preseason games, I find home teams always try harder, and the visiting team often just uses it as a glorified TC test for the noobs.  You gotta give the home crowd a reason to show up for these things  Wink

Regardless of quality, I'm glad CFL is back and the winter is over!

Never go full Rider!
Blue In BC

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 01:15:29 PM »

I think BC is in serious trouble. Chaos would describe their state of affairs. Our 1st regular season game is against them here in Vancouver. If it isn't somewhat of a cakewalk that may say something about us as well.

Winning in Vancouver has always been difficult regardless of where the teams seem to be in the standings. Let's start the season with a big win and continue from there. It sets the tone for the season.

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 01:48:36 PM »

I think BC is in serious trouble. Chaos would describe their state of affairs. Our 1st regular season game is against them here in Vancouver. If it isn't somewhat of a cakewalk that may say something about us as well.

Winning in Vancouver has always been difficult regardless of where the teams seem to be in the standings. Let's start the season with a big win and continue from there. It sets the tone for the season.

BC will have 2 great playmakers in Burnham and Duron Carter, and they have the ability to start 2 NI receivers who can to 400+ yards each (probably more with Reilly) in Durant and Shaq Johnson.  They have upgraded their OL by adding Chung and Boyko, and have plenty of depth behind them.

They have retained much of the experience in the secondary. While I am not crazy about Herdman-Reed, by adding Konar, they are going to be able to start a Canadian LB.  They have good Canadian depth on the d-line, but other than Willis and Coleman, there are some question marks. 

I think they are vulnerable in the kicking game and certainly at back-up QB.  If Reilly stays healthy, I expect them to be competitive by Labour Day, but they will have a slow start. 

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 02:25:35 PM »

BC will have 2 great playmakers in Burnham and Duron Carter, and they have the ability to start 2 NI receivers who can to 400+ yards each (probably more with Reilly) in Durant and Shaq Johnson.  They have upgraded their OL by adding Chung and Boyko, and have plenty of depth behind them.

They have retained much of the experience in the secondary. While I am not crazy about Herdman-Reed, by adding Konar, they are going to be able to start a Canadian LB.  They have good Canadian depth on the d-line, but other than Willis and Coleman, there are some question marks. 

I think they are vulnerable in the kicking game and certainly at back-up QB.  If Reilly stays healthy, I expect them to be competitive by Labour Day, but they will have a slow start. 

Boyko isn't proven and Lions fans are quite concerned about their OL. I know Reilly didn't play and the team used mostly 2nd or 3rd team players but they gave up 5 sacks. Even in pre season that's not a good thing.

Lost Olafioye and Husband plus many other Canadians.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 02:31:02 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
PurpleReign

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 02:32:20 PM »

Over reaction it's preseason game 1.  Edmonton only wins by 2 TD's with a veteran lineup. Nothing to see here wait till season begins.
Blue In BC

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2019, 02:39:49 PM »

Over reaction it's preseason game 1.  Edmonton only wins by 2 TD's with a veteran lineup. Nothing to see here wait till season begins.

I don't think people are judging their 1st season game per se. They lost more than a dozen starters and significant depth including Jennings and Lulay. Overall they lost over 25 players in total to free agency, release or retirement.

Depth is going to be an issue especially at QB.

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2019, 03:16:52 PM »

Boyko isn't proven and Lions fans are quite concerned about their OL. I know Reilly didn't play and the team used mostly 2nd or 3rd team players but they gave up 5 sacks. Even in pre season that's not a good thing.

Lost Olafioye and Husband plus many other Canadians.

Those concerned fans don't know what they are talking about.  They lost Olafioye, but they still have Figueroa at LT, and Antonio Johnson (a former 2 year starter at RT), so they are good on the outside.

Foulcault (former 1st rounder with NFL game experience) is solid at LG and they picked up Chung (former 1st rounder), probably the best RG in the league.  They will likely start Godber (former 1st rounder) at center, and even though last year was his rookie year, he dressed for 9 games and started 3.  For depth, they have Boyko (drafted in 2nd round but would have gone in 1st but for NFL interest) who has 3 years of NFL coaching to his credit. He will push Johnson at RT, but could also play inside.  They also have Knevel, a former Cornhusker who filled in at both G and T last year. 

To be honest, their o-line has fewer question marks than the Bombers at this point. 

grab grass 'n growl
PurpleReign

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2019, 04:10:48 PM »

I don't think people are judging their 1st season game per se. They lost more than a dozen starters and significant depth including Jennings and Lulay. Overall they lost over 25 players in total to free agency, release or retirement.

Depth is going to be an issue especially at QB.

That I have to agree with you.  Mike Reily will steal some games he is that type of player who has done it in the past.  Supporting cast is very important, and I also feel they lost too much in that area.
Blue In BC

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2019, 04:23:07 PM »

Those concerned fans don't know what they are talking about.  They lost Olafioye, but they still have Figueroa at LT, and Antonio Johnson (a former 2 year starter at RT), so they are good on the outside.

Foulcault (former 1st rounder with NFL game experience) is solid at LG and they picked up Chung (former 1st rounder), probably the best RG in the league.  They will likely start Godber (former 1st rounder) at center, and even though last year was his rookie year, he dressed for 9 games and started 3.  For depth, they have Boyko (drafted in 2nd round but would have gone in 1st but for NFL interest) who has 3 years of NFL coaching to his credit. He will push Johnson at RT, but could also play inside.  They also have Knevel, a former Cornhusker who filled in at both G and T last year. 

To be honest, their o-line has fewer question marks than the Bombers at this point. 

I think Lions fans know more about the Lions than most Bomber posters. Many of their long time supporters travel to spend a week at their TC every season. It's pretty disingenuous to suggest they don't know what they are talking about.

A few have gone so far as suggesting Boyko could be part of the early cuts.

No more excuses.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2019, 04:33:30 PM »

I think Lions fans know more about the Lions than most Bomber posters. Many of their long time supporters travel to spend a week at their TC every season. It's pretty disingenuous to suggest they don't know what they are talking about.

A few have gone so far as suggesting Boyko could be part of the early cuts.
Agreed about what you said about Lions fans knowing their team....with a QB like Reilly they have a shot and my bet is they will be in the WSF.....he's arguably one of if not THE the best QBsin the CFL and he's tough and durable as they come on top of that!   

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: