Blue Bombers Forum
February 19, 2020, 06:50:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Players Released  (Read 8521 times)
Jesse

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2019, 12:56:35 PM »

I believe previous picks who was sent back to school was neg listed. How did they protect Koczwara and Oulett-De Carlo if they were not neg listed? They were here last TC too. (signed contract May4-18).

and if they didn't think highly enough of him (Richards), why did they draft him then? That's contrary to what KW is saying after the draft re Malik.

Do you know they were protected?

My wife is amazing!
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2019, 01:10:48 PM »

Proof that drafted players can be neg listed, when CFL reveals list of 10 negotiation list players, the Bombers listed Felix Menard-Briere as one.

Source: https://www.cfl.ca/2018/02/20/cfl-reveals-list-10-negotiation-list-players-team/
GCn19

« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2019, 01:29:08 PM »

I believe previous picks who was sent back to school was neg listed. How did they protect Koczwara and Oulett-De Carlo if they were not neg listed? They were here last TC too. (signed contract May4-18).

and if they didn't think highly enough of him (Richards), why did they draft him then? That's contrary to what KW is saying after the draft re Malik.

They drafted him as a futures project that they were hoping to stash on the PR and develop or send back to school. Obviously Malik and the Eskimos had other ideas. If the Bombers really wanted to make sure Malik was a Bomber they would have kept him. It's as simple as that. They knew full well that releasing him would give any other team an opportunity to sign him and still felt he wasn't worth keeping over the loss of a TC spot. That should tell you all you need to know. Teams don't purposely burn draft picks, but in the late rounds often take chances on players that might leave because they don't fit an immediate need.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2019, 01:33:25 PM »

They drafted him as a futures project that they were hoping to stash on the PR and develop or send back to school. Obviously Malik and the Eskimos had other ideas. If the Bombers really wanted to make sure Malik was a Bomber they would have kept him. It's as simple as that. They knew full well that releasing him would give any other team an opportunity to sign him and still felt he wasn't worth keeping over the loss of a TC spot. That should tell you all you need to know. Teams don't purposely burn draft picks, but in the late rounds often take chances on players that might leave because they don't fit an immediate need.

I don't think that's how this current regime works. They put high value on their drafted players.

I'll take the paw's answer that teams have to allow 96 hours before he can be put to the neg list. I believe he was scooped by Esks less than 96 hours.

Anyways, I'm OK with it. Just trying to figure out if there some technicality or none done by the Esks.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:39:20 PM by M.O.A.B. » Logged
PurpleReign

« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2019, 01:36:56 PM »

I don't know the mechanics but they often send draft picks back to school after cutting them in T.C. but seem to maintain their exclusive rights.  I think that is where the neg. list comes into it.

Yes you are correct.  Many draft picks from Usports if they have eligibility left in school will be sent back to their various Universities to complete their 4th or 5th years.  The CFL team still holds their rights.  I can speak for Western, where CFL teams released 3 of their players after training camp last year.  Alex Taylor of Winnipeg, Dave Brown and Harry McMaster were sent back to Western for their final year and this year are back with their CFL teams.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:49:11 PM by PurpleReign » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2019, 01:49:03 PM »

I'm guessing it is a compliment to our scouting staff that Edm grabbed and injured 5th rounder from us...  they took a FB in the 4th round, and a WR and DL in the fifth before we took Malik...
You keep trying to twist it in our favour. They picked him up because a 5th round talent receiver was released. They saw value and an opportunity that cost them nothing and they took it
the paw

« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2019, 02:00:48 PM »

Proof that drafted players can be neg listed, when CFL reveals list of 10 negotiation list players, the Bombers listed Felix Menard-Briere as one.

Source: https://www.cfl.ca/2018/02/20/cfl-reveals-list-10-negotiation-list-players-team/

Well done sir, it would never have occurred to me to look there.  The same lists show that Adam Zaruba from Simon Fraser was neg listed at that time as well.  

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2019, 02:36:54 PM »

A good neg list. 3 players: Sayles, Streveler and Washington now on our roster.

No more excuses.
Ridermania

« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2019, 02:34:44 PM »

Sources have informed me that the #Alouettes are signing All-Star defensive back Ciante Evans.

The 26-year-old spent the last four seasons in Calgary. Signed in the AAF this offseason. Massive addition.

https://3downnation.com/2019/05/22/alouettes-to-sign-standout-cover-man-ciante-evans/
kkc60

« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2019, 03:04:23 PM »

Sources have informed me that the #Alouettes are signing All-Star defensive back Ciante Evans.

The 26-year-old spent the last four seasons in Calgary. Signed in the AAF this offseason. Massive addition.

https://3downnation.com/2019/05/22/alouettes-to-sign-standout-cover-man-ciante-evans/
One of, if not the best DB in the league. Him and Campbell are as good as you can get
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: