Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2019, 01:08:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Depth Chart & Article from CFL.ca  (Read 2533 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2019, 04:09:27 PM »

There was no bitterness  Huh, but I would have sworn he missed more. He sure played injured frequently then.
New team that hired him because of his physicality...he'll want to impress.  Montreal's D is probably going to be on the field a lot...
Adds up to injury if I'm a betting man.

Ok. Fair enough. I took it as a diss to Loffler. It's true he missed a lot of practice time to make sure he wouldn't miss games.

That's not uncommon though. Adams, Dressler, Harris and a multitude of vets got extra days off without practice.

If Montreal doesn't take a similar approach that may lead to game time lost. If their defense can't get off the field there may be more wear and tear on players.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2019, 08:37:25 PM »

Guys nursing injuries, or who had 40 touches and 400 all purpose yards (yes, I'm exagerating), sure they skip practices.  Loffler wasn't one of those guys, he was a "skip practice because we don't want to take a chance" guys...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2019, 10:05:31 PM »

RB's are easy to replace, however Canadian RB's not so much.
kkc60

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2019, 10:13:32 PM »

Guys nursing injuries, or who had 40 touches and 400 all purpose yards (yes, I'm exagerating), sure they skip practices.  Loffler wasn't one of those guys, he was a "skip practice because we don't want to take a chance" guys...
It's really funny how now that Loffler is gone his maintenance days are scrutinized meanwhile while he was here no one paid it any mind
blue_or_die

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2019, 11:54:00 AM »

It's really funny how now that Loffler is gone his maintenance days are scrutinized meanwhile while he was here no one paid it any mind

I'm not so sure if people are flip flopping on this (well, some will, obviously), but I think everyone acknowledged both before and after his release that his not-practicing was due to how he played the game and to reduce risk.

At least that's how I always viewed it. I'm a huge Loffler fan and one of the few that has some concerns about him being gone.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2019, 12:01:38 PM »

It's one trait of aardvarkism --- a player is very good when he is in blue&gold, and instantly become so-so & meh when he signs with other team
booch

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2019, 12:39:51 PM »

in fairness to that comment...I never thought Loffler was "really" good when he was here...he did some good things...laid some real good licks (first year) but those dried up...and a lot of the time were a result of being late to the party...I'd rather have had my safety in great coverage breaking up the pass, then laying a nice highlight real hit, after a receiver has made a big gain...

And sure he came up nicely downhill for run support, but that was because he couldn't be used/trusted in coverage...pro's..and con's with him but I'd rather have a well rounded safety...
Krahnillogical

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2019, 09:47:01 PM »

Agreed. Rather have a QB hold the ball a second too long and get sacked or check down because the safety made him second guess the throw.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2019, 11:33:26 AM »

At least that's how I always viewed it. I'm a huge Loffler fan and one of the few that has some concerns about him being gone.

Me too.  Love me some Loffler hits.  But I am not concerned much about his departure.  Well, let me rephrase that: I'm concerned for our receivers when we play MTL.  Wink Cheesy Grin  But on D I'm pretty sure we can make FS work with Jones / Conteh / Hecht.

Loffler was the perfect man for the job when our MLB was Hole-Stuffin' Hurl.  But as a roving FS looking for deep balls to hawk and tip away, he actually was quite bad.  He was never in the picture when a 50yd pass was thrown and caught in stride.  Never.  If our DB blew it (like Fogg & Randle did many times, not to dis them, as every DB will lose sometimes), that was it, to the house.

So for our current monster-D roster, we really need a FS who can be in the picture on >50% of the deep passes and really cause problems for the Reillys, Mitchells, and Jennings out there.

So no dis to Loffler.  He deserves some mega love for keeping our D from sucking more pre-Bighill.  And if MTL needs a '16 Loffler due to their LB suckage, and Loffler gets a big payday, this is a win-win for everyone.  And I send a huge "thank you" to Loffler for all he's done for WPG.

And watch out WPG receivers in the mid-range zone vs MTL this year... maybe it is a good thing Dressler isn't playing for us  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: